Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the statue is actually going to be 1/3, going by the dedicated thread in the statues section.

Looks okay.
3265550d525ff679eac545e803045621.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

As it could look better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Lol.

Everything ever could always be better. The only way this could be better is if it was resin skin and each hair punctured in and had real droplets of Joaquin's perspiration...

This looks 100 percent spot on!

Lol.

Everything ever could always be better. The only way this could be better is if it was resin skin and each hair punctured in and had real droplets of Joaquin's perspiration...

One day someone will post a picture of the actual person and claim it is a figure reveal. There will be a bunch of people who complain about how ?off? the likeness is and how much ?better? it could look.

Lol.

One day someone will post a picture of the actual person and claim it is a figure reveal. There will be a bunch of people who complain about how ?off? the likeness is and how much ?better? it could look.

No joke. I have no idea why some people are so lukewarm on this. It looks dead-on.

CnX5xO7.png

jg8wxl7.jpg

3265550d525ff679eac545e803045621.jpg

They'd probably be happy if Yulli sculpted one that looked like Gary Busey.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean I'm fine with the TE sculpt, but KA Kim's is the first one where I really see Joaquin beneath the face paint. I'm sure it's helped a lot by the eyes and size of the sculpt, it's just fantastic.

Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Dang. That looks amazing. Wish I could afford to get into 1/2 scale... I do have well over 1,000 action figures in small scales like 6 inch, 7 inch and 3 3/4 inch... If I wasnt so reluctant to part with them, I could probably buy these amazing looking Prime 1 things with the cash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Dang. That looks amazing. Wish I could afford to get into 1/2 scale... I do have well over 1,000 action figures in small scales like 6 inch, 7 inch and 3 3/4 inch... If I wasnt so reluctant to part with them, I could probably buy these amazing looking Prime 1 things with the cash...

Do it!

Re: Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

I always say Quality over Quantity. A few show stopping huge pieces trump a ton of smaller toys and action figures for me any day. Gives it a clean curated look for a collection.

Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Very good point.
I have been inventorying my figures during quarantine and I am planning to sell nearly half. I may just need to sell most. My wife and daughter think I should sell all of the small figures, but keep the 1/6 scale stuff. I think my problem is I do not allow my collection to evolve. I just amass too much without letting go of older figures.
I have over fifty 1/6 figures and only space for 7 detolfs. Fourteen of my Hot Toys have never even been displayed.
I am thinking of having a rotation where I pull out all of the 1/6 scale and only display one or two themes every six months or so. That will lessen clutter.

Another statue

Attachments

• 5753FA0F-2F5E-461A-9C2A-3275235E1388.jpg
    5753FA0F-2F5E-461A-9C2A-3275235E1388.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 167
Honestly, I’d be genuinely surprised if we didn’t see a Hot Toys figure, now. They seem to have developed into a super reactionary company. We saw Prime1’s Arkham Knight line blow up and then Howard suddenly starts utilizing the license he’s been sitting on for nearly a decade. The only way I can imagine they won’t try to get in on this is if somebody else had the license in 1/6th. I ain’t even kidding. Seeing the way the 1/3rd statue is turning out and looking at their tailoring on figures like Carlito and the Ghostbusters, if Blitzway had the license, that would be ****ing dope. The character had so many unique looks throughout the film, too. Someone would have to be crazy to not to try and capitalize on that in the smaller scale.

Yeah. I’d say our chances of getting an official 1/6 Joker went from slim to inevitable.

If HT announces it this week, then it will be likely be released in Q4 2021 - Q1 2022, except that it's DC which means it won't actually be released until Q2 2023.

Glad I have the TE version as a place holder for the next 3 years.

They?d be dumb not to make one now. I swear if I see another crap trooper or marvel figure ....

I'd be fine if Blitzway had the license for 1/6 as well. Just shrink down whatever sculpt Kim sculpts for their larger statue.

Back