Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's something to watch out for when dyeing the suit, thanks for the heads up.

Looking forward to seeing your results, now that you finally got the figure. I picked up some Wine colored Rit dye, which looks like the perfect color to me, but I guess that may not work on a synthetic fabric like polyester? I guess there's something else I need to use called DyeMore, but not sure if they have all the same colors available...

It looks like there's an interest list forming on Customonesixth for a custom suit by Iris, but not sure if I really care enough to spend $300 on one. Plus getting everyone to agree on the right fit and color could be difficult.

You never really know if dye will take until you try it. But that Wine RIT is exactly what I plan to use. I almost hate to ruin such a nice crisp suit... hope I can iron it back to shape. I'm not sure I will be making it quite as dark as you may want it... probably somewhere between that wine color and what the suit is now. I do like a little brightness in the suit, and I don't want to make it dark maroon.

Does anyone have a good trick to smooth out a bend in cardboard? My Murray curtain display backdrop has a nice bend in the cardboard creating those wrinkled ripples... I doubt TNS would send me out another insert, so I'm hoping to at least minimize the welt.

A thin towel or a paper towel? Might try it.

You know, my box took longer to go from Los Angeles, up to San Jose and back than it did on its original voyage from HK to LA. If It wasn't for that dumb trip up north, I'm pretty sure my box would have been fine.

Oh well, resale is out the door anyway with what I'm going to do to the suit...

Does anybody have this sculpt? Somehow it looks good to me. I'm looking for some sad/angry sculpt, Toys Era ones are not what i want.

Edit: it's preorder, sorry.

s-l500.jpg

anyone have pics pf Arthur Fleck's Journal? I was thinking that it might me a cool accessory to put together.

Does anybody have this sculpt? Somehow it looks good to me. I'm looking for some sad/angry sculpt, Toys Era ones are not what i want.

Edit: it's preorder, sorry.

View attachment 477457

This is not a pre-order item. I have this head sculpt. It's not too bad, but it's a very neutral look, and the hair doesn't exactly go backwards. I've customised mine a little, added a little hair at the back and painted the top of the head white. I think it's pretty decent, but still waiting for other, more accurate heads to come. I posted pictures of this head, with the TC suit a few pages back. I've just removed the extra strand of hair that sat on his forehead. But that is the same head.

I have this head sculpt. It's not too bad, but it's a very neutral look, and the hair doesn't exactly go backwards. I've customised mine a little, added a little hair at the back and painted the top of the head white. I think it's pretty decent, but still waiting for other, more accurate heads to come. I posted pictures of this head, with the TC suit a few pages back. I've just removed the extra strand of hair that sat on his forehead. But that is the same head.

Oh, thanks. Will look it up.

It's a very brief video.

https://youtu.be/f8iSm2UURSY

Youtuber name is: studio dragon

Title: Cuke 1:6 JOAQUIN PHOENIX JOKER SUIT REVIEW

Thanks for that. It does look like the Cuke suit might be pretty good. Hard to tell until its on a body.

The vest (only 4 buttons and no backing) and shirt (wrong pattern) are incorrect though... so you still need that from somewhere. So far, TE seems to have the best shirt and vest.

Thanks for that. It does look like the Cuke suit might be pretty good. Hard to tell until its on a body.

The vest (only 4 buttons and no backing) and shirt (wrong pattern) are incorrect though... so you still need that from somewhere. So far, TE seems to have the best shirt and vest.

Yh, that version doesn't look too bad. It looks similar to the MToys version, which i think has probably the best suit out there in terms of how it sits on the body. As you say, we need to see it on a body first. TE version does have the best shirt and vest though, agreed.

I'm pretty certain there will be Joker parts coming out for the next two years. We'll be upgrading this Joker for a very long time.

AND THEN Hot Toys will make their version.

This is still a work in progress, but i'm slowly getting there...

I restitched and narrowed the legs,arms and waist on the suit...I also repainted parts of the shoes a more accurate Tan brown (They'll still need a bit of a wash though).

Sorted the blank lapel on the shirt collar too...it looks as though they stitched the collar the wrong way round (inside out), as the underside had a perfect design on it. So i cut the collar off and then reversed and restitched it. Happy enough with the result.

Anyways on with the madness:)

DSC_1209.JPGDSC_1210.JPGDSC_1179.JPG

Yep, that makes much improvement. Exactly what I plan to do. I love the shape of the pant legs.

Did you stitched the lower back of the coat or at the sides?

Thanks, I stitched it down the back and was going to take in the sides a tad as well, but i don't want it to look too tight fitting. It needs to have that slightly baggy ill-fitting 70's look to it...same with the pants...

Thanks, I stitched it down the back and was going to take in the sides a tad as well, but i don't want it to look too tight fitting. It needs to have that slightly baggy ill-fitting 70's look to it...same with the pants...

Definitely much improved. I think I would try to take in the back a wee bit more below shoulders down to bottom of where his rib cage is -- just to make that 1 inch area a little more fitted. Try pinching it in to see if I'm right. The jacket seems to have a bell shape to it, flaring a bit at the waist but tighter around the lats and chest. The shoulders actually look narrow enough to accommodate this.

I know if you have a bent poster you can iron it flat with a towel in between, but not sure if the same kind of thing would work with cardboard.

Brilliant suggestion. It worked! Not perfectly but much better than it was. The creases are less noticeable unless you look close now. Good enough for display.

I ironed out about 5 different dings and dents. Again, you can still see them but no longer from across the room.

For those who are not in the know, shaping a piece of wire and pushing it down underneath the collar can help to tighten the coat in, which in turn gives things a more natural/slimmer look. I use it on most of my coated/suited figures when needed.
You can pick up a roll of gardening wire at your local discount store for a couple of Euro/Dollars.

JC2.jpg

Back