Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lapels on this jacket are all wrong. They're longer and rolled on the actual suit. Rolled might be tough to do - especially on the cheap - but the length kills the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What jacket? This thread is about all the jokers available, not just one.

tumblr_nmimzqN3Ir1rrkahjo7_540.gifv

tenor.gif

I was just highlighting how you all are actually settling for, as you say, what's available 'right now', which is second best. Settling for the TE, just because it's the better one of a few bad versions, doesn't make it good. The sculpts thus far in general are ok, not outstanding. So you're saying that I have to pay for a head sculpt, and have it repainted to make it look good? What about people who can't paint these heads (which is a lot of people)? That's not good enough. Just because some head sculpts/suits/bodies are better than others, doesn't mean those ones are that good. You're basically going through the better ones of a bad lot. As mentioned prior for the TE; incorrect body and suit, 2/3 head have the same sculpt, and the base is just boring. If that's not settling for what's available 'right now', I don't know what is. You've just supported your own initial argument, which is people not having 'common sense' and just settling for what's available at the moment.

I think the reality is 99% of the people buying the TE figure are going to be happy out of the box because they're not going to scrutinize how low the inseam was (or any other detail) while comparing stills from the movie and contrasting them with set photos like a bunch of crazy people. :lol :lol :lol

What jacket? This thread is about all the jokers available, not just one.

The Toys Era at least - looks like M-toys and the Center set too.

BTW (I think you were asking) you can remove one of the legs on the TE body and take the shirt off over the head keeping the elastic intact. It's not easy, but I did it and put it on a new body (also removing a leg).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Toys Era at least - looks like M-toys and the Center set too.

BTW (I think you were asking) you can remove one of the legs on the TE body and take the shirt off over the head keeping the elastic intact. It's not easy, but I did it and put it on a new body (also removing a leg).

What body did you swap to?

Also, what were you saying again about the jacket on the Toys Era and Mtoys and Center -- they're all wrong? I'm not sure that's news to any of us. Pretty much the debate the last 4 days. :lol

What body did you swap to?

Also, what were you saying again about the jacket on the Toys Era and Mtoys and Center -- they're all wrong? I'm not sure that's news to any of us. Pretty much the debate the last 4 days. :lol

Yeah, I know! Lol! I just think the main issue is the lapel.length - really throws the whole thing off even more than the width.

Anyway, I used a Coomodel narrow shoulder. Not narrow enough, but it looks better. Also water treated the jacket tonight - seemed to help it sit a little better, but I think I need to really soak it.

Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

The shirt opens up. The way the figure is designed is that the shirt is on like a bathing suit. I tried to take the leg off and by unscrewing it, but no luck, the leg is attached by he joint of the body.

It does come off - once you unscrew it you have to pry it apart - doesn't seem like it will, but it will.

I just think the main issue is the lapel.length - really throws the whole thing off even more than the width.

After you said that I just had to look... and I don't know, it doesn't look so bad, obviously not the right stitching (or rolled) but its close. Closer than I thought until I looked...

lapel comp.jpg

Re: Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Looks like I'm going to have to touch up a little on the eyebrow. He was in the box and went to look at him. Saw some white spots on the blue that wasn't there before, wiped a little with finger and paint came off didnt see it on my finger. But before when I first got it felt sticky. I'm always so careful but shouldn't be to hard. Just need to buy some paint any recommendations? I'm in the states.
0811edc44bd12a72e12e82fb01f7e163.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

After you said that I just had to look... and I don't know, it doesn't look so bad, obviously not the right stitching (or rolled) but its close. Closer than I thought until I looked...

View attachment 476889

Yeah the lapels have always looked a bit too short to me unfortunately.

Anyway, here's the body I'm using at the moment, compared to the stock. I had already smoothed down the COO body a bit when I was using it for Spock, but I don't think it really makes much difference for this figure. He's at least a lot less bulky now though and I've got a whole lot more range of movement.

20200123_193715 (2).jpg

No wonder the shoulder pads don?t work properly. Look at that mess. Yea gonna buy a narrow shoulder body and switch.

Probably going to take it apart and dremel down the chest and shoulders (at least). But it?s better than the stock body and tighter.

Sorry for the phone pic, don?t feel like setting up in the studio...
d7ec2ddeb8affbc7193b71676aa39652.jpg

Back