Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those the CukeToys jacket and pants?

EDIT: nvm, I saw the post and it’s from this set:

10_68a036b3-c131-4aa0-9344-22e64927ec47_384x512.jpg

Last edited:
Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

That doesn?t look bad to be honest.

Are there anymore pics?

https://youtu.be/Ue8knZnY_H8

This is a good representation of how the suit reacts to to lighting. I?m gonna wait to see if another suit maker will tackle that kind of material. It may never come, but I?m not going to start chase hunting every single suit that becomes available.

That looks so amazing dude. The proportions look dead-on. :clap

I saw this body online which looks like the right height for Joaquin, probably a little too short, but I?m worried the clothes would look terrible on it. I?m honestly not concerned about height since I don?t plan on displaying mine with any other figures.

View attachment 476786

Did you use the COO body on the right here davejames?

Yes it's the taller one on the right, since it originally came with my QMX Spock before I switched him to something even slimmer.

But as I said I swapped the upper torso over to that of another body so it's no longer as tall, so you'd probably be better off just getting the shorter one. I'll try to post pics of my frankenstein body when I get home tonight.

I'm just using what I had available though, so there's probably better options out there people can use.

Got these off ebay cuke outfit and these shoes. Going to have one figure in the background with the mirror so if the clothes dont look to good won't be to much trouble.
20bc2211d41826c1e867c6388539910b.jpg
adbecebae2ce55ebe9970bcc0b54712a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Starting to frankenstein together a slimmer body with some random body parts I have around. So far I'm liking the COO body for it's narrower shoulders, which you can also push forward to narrow even further and create that more sunken in look he had. Only problem are the body's super thick legs, so I've had to swap the lower half with that from another generic body. He's still coming in at the same height, but the proportions already look a lot better so I might just leave it the way it is, and go for how tall and lanky the character seemed on screen.

After studying the jacket, I think the best way to slim it down would be to take in the seam running down the middle of the back. I've pinched it in in the photo below, to try to get an idea of how it might look.

Incidentally, I've found that one of the QMX Picard hands also works great as a cigarette-holding hand. :D

View attachment 476783
Looking good!
View attachment 476787
View attachment 476788
View attachment 476789
View attachment 476790

From Alphonso Tullock on facebook
He used the jacket and pants from this set but everything else is the Toys Era clothing

Again the colour looks good but the cut of the suit is not accurate. The shape and cut of the suit is just as important as the colour...all those 3rd party Joker suits are wrong...but someone will eventually get it right...

The ToysEra suit has it's issues but it's the closest yet to the movie prop.

View attachment 476787

View attachment 476788

From Alphonso Tullock on facebook
He used the jacket and pants from this set but everything else is the Toys Era clothing

I'm glad someone finally showed in hand what seemed obvious from the get-go -- this suit isn't right except in color.

Talk about broad shoulders and skinny legs. I'm sure people just see a more comicbook-like Joker as opposed to an accurate Joaquin Joker in this suit.

It looks to me like the shoulders on the TE jacket might actually be narrow enough if you can keep the shoulders of the body from pushing the sleeves out. A really narrow body like the ThreeZero Jon Snow v2 or even sanding/shaving the shoulders down would help perhaps.

I'll have to look at the back of the jacket about stitching a tighter "pinch" but I would fear maybe the bottom would flare out too much. Seems like the suit wants to flare as it is. Rounding the shoulders like you say is probably the best way to get that Joaquin look.

Does the material look like it will accept dye?

Yeah you can actually push the shoulders of the jacket in pretty far, and they don't try to spring back on you.

And I've never actually dyed any fabric before, so I'm not sure how it might respond. It feels like a similar felt material to the knockoff Ledger Joker coat I bought though, which I was able to darken with pastel.

Yours looks really good with that new body. Like so many figures, that seems to be the first move to make the figure looks better.

If you do take a picture of your Franken-body could you also take a picture of the body that came with Joker?

People tend to ignore common sense when they have to have something "right now."

The TE suit is one of the worst out there, yet everyone's ok with it. It's almost everything the Joker suit is not - thick and stuffy. In addition to the incorrect suit, the TE Joker also has the wrong body and a terrible base (also, 2/3 heads are the same sculpt). But no one wants to bad mouth it, they'd rather 'customise' or change it to make it look better. ?150 for something you have to heavily customise and waste money and time on in essence. It seems to me then, that most people are simply buying the TE because it is available 'right now'. I for one don't see the point in buying something and having to change it to make it look better. Had Hot Toys released one, no one would care about the TE one, so most people are definitely looking at what's available 'right now'. The main aspects to this Joker, is his slimmness and thin suit. Toys Era completely failed on both the main aspects, but people are still happy with it. Yes the other 3rd party suits aren't great, but charging ?150 and still being unable to provide the right suit and body is an even bigger problem. But it doesn't matter, because there are people who are willing to buy it because it's available 'right now'. The TC suit isnt great, but neither is the TE Joker.

Can you either 1) pull the elastic past the knee, or 2) is it possible to unbutton/un-velcro the shirt to get an arm out and slip the shirt off that way?

The top or three shirt is stitched at the top to keep it closed. The elastic won?t stretch far due to the shirt being on the figure.

Back