Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

The shirt opens up. The way the figure is designed is that the shirt is on like a bathing suit. I tried to take the leg off and by unscrewing it, but no luck, the leg is attached by he joint of the body.

Yeah well in that case, cutting the elastic sounds like the simplest thing to do. With modifications, once you make one change you might as well make 100.

Here's what I'm thinking I need to do:

-Dye suit darker
-Change body
-Slim sleeves
-Slim pants tapering from thigh area to knee (leaving flare for "bellbottoms")
-Paint shoes accurate

I think that's all need be done to the clothing part of the figure. That's fairly minimal work.

I thought they were flared out at first too, but looking at the screencaps again the pant legs look pretty straight to me.

Any idea what color you'd use to dye the suit darker? Having never done it before, I'll be happy to let you try it on yours first. :D

It can't be the 70's without flare. :)

I have something called "wine" -- its a very dark red color. I was thinking to try that.

That's IF my Joker ever shows up. Nothing today either. Man, this figure is just torturing me.

DSC_1032.JPGDSC_1026.JPGDSC_1039.JPGDSC_1038.JPGDSC_1042.JPG

The TE suit is one of the worst out there, yet everyone's ok with it. It's almost everything the Joker suit is not - thick and stuffy. In addition to the incorrect suit, the TE Joker also has the wrong body and a terrible base (also, 2/3 heads are the same sculpt). But no one wants to bad mouth it, they'd rather 'customise' or change it to make it look better. ?150 for something you have to heavily customise and waste money and time on in essence. It seems to me then, that most people are simply buying the TE because it is available 'right now'. I for one don't see the point in buying something and having to change it to make it look better. Had Hot Toys released one, no one would care about the TE one, so most people are definitely looking at what's available 'right now'. The main aspects to this Joker, is his slimmness and thin suit. Toys Era completely failed on both the main aspects, but people are still happy with it. Yes the other 3rd party suits aren't great, but charging ?150 and still being unable to provide the right suit and body is an even bigger problem. But it doesn't matter, because there are people who are willing to buy it because it's available 'right now'. The TC suit isnt great, but neither is the TE Joker.

The toys era figure is the best choice at the moment. It's the highest quality suit that you can do a few simple things to to make it look nice. The color is fine, it was different shades of red in the movie. The shirt, vest and shoes are objectively better than everything else offered. The other suits available right now either look like marvel legends quality or a suit made for a cowboy.
The sculpts are the best actual sculpts offered at the moment. Dean knights video where he paints one completely white proves it has the best likeness, that's not an opinion. There's also three which gives people more options for other figures they may buy. If you can't see that the mtoys and top sculpts look nothing like pheonix under good paint, I can't help you. I'm still waiting to see if swtoys beats out toys era.

The toys era figure is the best choice at the moment. It's the highest quality suit that you can do a few simple things to to make it look nice. The color is fine, it was different shades of red in the movie. The shirt, vest and shoes are objectively better than everything else offered. The other suits available right now either look like marvel legends quality or a suit made for a cowboy.
The sculpts are the best actual sculpts offered at the moment. Dean knights video where he paints one completely white proves it has the best likeness, that's not an opinion. There's also three which gives people more options for other figures they may buy. If you can't see that the mtoys and top sculpts look nothing like pheonix under good paint, I can't help you. I'm still waiting to see if swtoys beats out toys era.

I was just highlighting how you all are actually settling for, as you say, what's available 'right now', which is second best. Settling for the TE, just because it's the better one of a few bad versions, doesn't make it good. The sculpts thus far in general are ok, not outstanding. So you're saying that I have to pay for a head sculpt, and have it repainted to make it look good? What about people who can't paint these heads (which is a lot of people)? That's not good enough. Just because some head sculpts/suits/bodies are better than others, doesn't mean those ones are that good. You're basically going through the better ones of a bad lot. As mentioned prior for the TE; incorrect body and suit, 2/3 head have the same sculpt, and the base is just boring. If that's not settling for what's available 'right now', I don't know what is. You've just supported your own initial argument, which is people not having 'common sense' and just settling for what's available at the moment.

I was just highlighting how you all are actually settling for, as you say, what's available 'right now', which is second best. Settling for the TE, just because it's the better one of a few bad versions, doesn't make it good. The sculpts thus far in general are ok, not outstanding. So you're saying that I have to pay for a head sculpt, and have it repainted to make it look good? What about people who can't paint these heads (which is a lot of people)? That's not good enough. Just because some head sculpts/suits/bodies are better than others, doesn't mean those ones are that good. You're basically going through the better ones of a bad lot. As mentioned prior for the TE; incorrect body and suit, 2/3 head have the same sculpt, and the base is just boring. If that's not settling for what's available 'right now', I don't know what is. You've just supported your own initial argument, which is people not having 'common sense' and just settling for what's available at the moment.

You do know making modifications is just part of the hobby don?t you?

Well we are talking about third party figures here. Honestly I've yet to buy one that didn't require a bit of modding or extra work to look it's best. It's just goes with the territory with these figures, and is also kinda part of the fun.

And I haven't seen anyone saying the Toysera is perfectly accurate to the movie or anywhere near HT quality. It just happens to be the best we've seen so far, and the one with the most potential to be modded into an accurate figure.

Anyone still waiting for theirs from Toys Wonderland? My tracking hasn’t updated since last week.

Everyone who has gotten the Toys Era in hand seems to be happy with it for the price.

If there was a better option, we'd be all over it. Can only pick from what is available.

In three years, when you've assembled the perfect Joker, you can laugh at us then... even if we won't care because we'll all be so over this particular Joker.

The lapels on this jacket are all wrong. They're longer and rolled on the actual suit. Rolled might be tough to do - especially on the cheap - but the length kills the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back