Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don?t want to be that guy

But, it seems that each figure is hit or miss with its paint application. Some figures look real good, some look rushed. So I?m hoping mine will be in good shape.

Don?t want to be that guy

But, it seems that each figure is hit or miss with its paint application. Some figures look real good, some look rushed. So I?m hoping mine will be in good shape.

This figure is just getting worst and worst..
What's with the extreme white lines to highlight the creases in the face paint

This figure is just getting worst and worst..
What's with the extreme white lines to highlight the creases in the face paint

It?s not getting worse and worse. It?s a mixed bag if anything. Just gotta hope that the figure they get will come out well. Every review I have seen has said good things about the figure. I have yet to see a negative review from someone who actually owns the figure ( if you know please show me).

To be honest , like hot toys , we all got a little carried away from promo pics. Toys era did indeed drop the ball when it comes to quality issues here. But nothing like a little customization and fixing can help this figure. Hopefully mine shows up soon. Really the only headsculpt I think looks like crap is the arthur sculpt since it?s just looks really plain compared to the promo pic.

It?s not getting worse and worse. It?s a mixed bag if anything. Just gotta hope that the figure they get will come out well. Every review I have seen has said good things about the figure. I have yet to see a negative review from someone who actually owns the figure ( if you know please show me).

To be honest , like hot toys , we all got a little carried away from promo pics. Toys era did indeed drop the ball when it comes to quality issues here. But nothing like a little customization and fixing can help this figure. Hopefully mine shows up soon. Really the only headsculpt I think looks like crap is the arthur sculpt since it?s just looks really plain compared to the promo pic.

I would agree with you. I don't mind the sculpt with the exception of the Fleck head. I won't know how bad or good this is until it's in my hands. Based on how the coat has been described it's going to be a nightmare to work with. The "spongy" description brings back memories of figures I hand as a kid with "spongy" clothes. They were fine for the time, but not fine for today.

It's not bad at all. Really struggling to understand the hate on this one. Apart from the jacket flaring out and making him looking bulky it's pretty damn good. Makes me wonder if some collectors get any job from this hobby at all, always looking for every negative to fixate on.

I'll do a body swap at some point and look to pick up a different third party jacket that sits on him better. Still happy to use this Toys Era figure as the basis for my Joaquin Joker.

I'll do a body swap at some point and look to pick up a different third party jacket that sits on him better. Still happy to use this Toys Era figure as the basis for my Joaquin Joker.

Let us know how the body swap goes. I want to do the same, but fear that it might make the suit baggier.

Mtoys-toys era.jpg

I pulled the trigger on toys era on the strength of Justin's video....I'm happy with it. You can put it in poses that the bulky jacket doesnt matter. And let's remember we wont be looking at the figure from 12 inches.

This Toy Center suit on ebay is the first one I've seen that appears to be the right color. Probably a bit too fitted, but at this point I'd rather have that than the ultra wide, bright red TE suit.

Screenshot_20200117-095024_eBay~01.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-094959_eBay~01.jpg

Color looks good to me on the CEN-M13, but the fit just isn't Joker. Its way too tailored.

Justin and gogul's videos have convinced me that ToysEra will work for me.

Back