Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow -- just checked my shipping and not only did Joker leave HK... its already landed in Los Angeles. Expected delivery Tues 21st!

tenor.gif

Go home immediately.

BTW, for those keeping score at home -- look how baggy and low the crotch is on those Joker pants in that gif.

Also, pretty sure the pads in those padded shoulders on the ToysEra need to be removed as a start.

Color looks good to me on the CEN-M13, but the fit just isn't Joker. Its way too tailored.

Justin and gogul's videos have convinced me that ToysEra will work for me.

I think it could probably be loosened up some and made to look frumpier and less perfect. Which would probably be easier than trying to narrow up the TE suit...

I think the color on the ebay suit matches the film color grade. The other figures matches real world colors.

I think it could probably be loosened up some and made to look frumpier and less perfect. Which would probably be easier than trying to narrow up the TE suit...

Yikes, no. Have you ever bought those ebay suits before? I have bought several, same type as the Joker suit -- they are strangely made -- can't change the lapels because there's no suite material underneath -- and they allow so little excess material to "let out" the suit you'd be lucky to gain an 1/16th of an inch. No way to let out the waist either.

If you sew or stitch at all, its much easier to tighten up a suit (legs and sleeves) than it is to let it out. I do it on almost all my custom figure suits -- take in the sleeves, pant legs and sometimes the back. Super easy.

Yikes, no. Have you ever bought those ebay suits before? I have bought several, same type as the Joker suit -- they are strangely made -- can't change the lapels because there's no suite material underneath -- and they allow so little excess material to "let out" the suit you'd be lucky to gain an 1/16th of an inch. No way to let out the waist either.

If you sew or stitch at all, its much easier to tighten up a suit (legs and sleeves) than it is to let it out. I do it on almost all my custom figure suits -- take in the sleeves, pant legs and sometimes the back. Super easy.

No I didn't mean letting out the stitches, just pulling and stretching and water treating the outfit to loosen it up somewhat. I've done it a few times with different outfits and it seems to work. Although not sure how this one might be made.

No I didn't mean letting out the stitches, just pulling and stretching and water treating the outfit to loosen it up somewhat. I've done it a few times with different outfits and it seems to work. Although not sure how this one might be made.

Oh OK. I've done that too for slight loosening. But you really need some 'tools' -- like long round handles on kitchen utensils -- to push into sleeves and legs so it can set overnight to really loosen things.

Still, for true reshaping, there's nothing like letting out the stitching though or re-stitching. I've come to really enjoy doing that as part of my customizing. I highly recommend it.

Amazing how we're comparing all these trash sculpts to the toys era only because it didn't come out perfectly. Had it come out just like the proto we wouldn't even be looking at the other ones. It's the only one with good likeness and great sculpted features. Hoping batch two has more paint app applied since you can't even say the paint app is bad one it, it's just not enough layers.

Back