Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they going to jump in? More profitable ventures out there. They probably got burned on Justice League figures, they are being ultra careful with DC products.

It's the JOKER. There's no way they wouldn't make him if they were allowed to. He's not just another DC character.

He won the Oscar..trust me they see $$$ signs , He’s coming..question is will it be this year or 2021

Yeah exactly, it'd be $$$ but who knows when/if they license it.

HT won't bother until there's a Joker II... exactly what they did with Pennywise.

Also, remember, that Joker wasn't even released in China... so they may not even know it won anything, or care.

According to Nanjin's the only reason HT did Pennywise was because QMx was. HT got the Chapter 2 license because QMx had/was going for the Chapter 1 and saw them as a threat according to Nanjin, and it worked apparently since QMx's figure never went up for preorder even though it looked pretty good at the time. Honestly Pennywise was a huge surprise so I think Nanjin's explanation of why Hot Toys would go after that license when they've shown almost no desire to spread out to other franchises in the last few years makes sense.

It also doesn't mean a ht figure would be good either. Half the time they struggle with white males. They still can't do Hamill to this day. They'll probably only offer one sculpt as well.

Are they going to jump in? More profitable ventures out there. They probably got burned on Justice League figures, they are being ultra careful with DC products.

But for this Joker, there is such a fan following. Hot Toys will not make a loss, it'll be sold out if they release it.

It also doesn't mean a ht figure would be good either. Half the time they struggle with white males. They still can't do Hamill to this day. They'll probably only offer one sculpt as well.

The Hamill sculpts are really good in-hand. Hot Toys sculpts are usually on the money, at least in-hand.

But is this Joker?

Don?t get me wrong, the movie was great, the acting outstanding, but I still only see a guy in clown make up that?s got nothing in common with joker. I?m getting the toys era because the movie was a good movie, but no way this fits in a DC collection. It?s more like a Shining experience where you want to have something that reminds a great performance than anything else. They could have splattered any name on the poster and the performance would have attracted people (maybe less because obviously the name sells) but this isn?t the Joker. Never will be.

The Hamill sculpts are really good in-hand. Hot Toys sculpts are usually on the money, at least in-hand.

No they definitely don't. They look damn near identical in hand as they do in pictures or videos. I had Jedi luke and returned it. Looked like Jake not luke. The removable hair is terrible too.

But is this Joker?

Don?t get me wrong, the movie was great, the acting outstanding, but I still only see a guy in clown make up that?s got nothing in common with joker. I?m getting the toys era because the movie was a good movie, but no way this fits in a DC collection. It?s more like a Shining experience where you want to have something that reminds a great performance than anything else. They could have splattered any name on the poster and the performance would have attracted people (maybe less because obviously the name sells) but this isn?t the Joker. Never will be.

It?s only the start of his story. I can imagine him forming a gang and taking over crime.

I don’t know.

Part of the appeal of the Joker goes with the mystery. I know we had an origin story as Red Hood, but there is something ... unsettling with that new Joker. You can’t help but feel and almost forget him when you know his backstory. He becomes relatable, which is wrong I think. Also, it makes anyone being crazy and wear make up be a potential real life Joker. Take that loony who killed people wearing make up in a theater some years ago, during TDK, does that make him the Joker?

Now, once again, I loved the movie, but I don’t really get the excitement DC fans are having with it. The character is too far from the model I think.

Moreover, I think the concept of the Joker really works when you oppose it to Batman. When you come to think of it, both guys are crazy in their own way, only one uses his craziness for good and the other for chaos. The Joker without this opposition can’t really be the Joker.

Finally, I saw this movie more as a diatribe against capitalism (in it rich guys are all *******s) than anything else. Definitely not a DC movie for me.

Last edited:
I don?t know.

Part of the appeal of the Joker goes with the mystery. I know we had an origin story as Red Hood, but there is something ... unsettling with that new Joker. You can?t help but feel and almost forget him when you know his backstory. He becomes relatable, which is wrong I think. Also, it makes anyone being crazy and wear make up be a potential real life Joker. Take that loony who killed people wearing make up in a theater some years ago, during TDK, does that make him the Joker?

Now, once again, I loved the movie, but I don?t really get the excitement DC fans are having with it. The character is too far from the model I think.

Moreover, I think the concept of the Joker really works when you oppose it to Batman. When you come to think of it, both guys are crazy in their own way, only one uses his craziness for good and the other for chaos. The Joker without this opposition can?t really be the Joker.

Finally, I saw this movie more as a diatribe against capitalism (in it rich guys are all *******s) than anything else. Definitely not a DC movie for me.

The movie kinda makes it feel like it could have been in Arthur?s head, so it keeps in line with the multiple choice aspect of his origins. It?s just a version out of many many many different variations of the character. I look at these movies as if they were graphic novels. Not canon but a different take, or multiverse in comic speak.

As far as the **** the rich thing, Phillips himself said it?s not about that, the movie is more about kindness to one another can possibly reach a long way( perfect example is Gary in the apartment. )

Anyways. I am not trying to take anything away from what you got from the movie. That?s the beauty of the movie, we all look at it from different perspectives.

But is this Joker?

He's the Joker to me. I get your reasoning but it felt like he would be the Joker to me. The movie wouldn't be ANY where near as successful unless it was called Joker.

If it was called Arthur and had nothing to do with Wayne etc, it certainly would not have made a billion at the box office.

He's the Joker to me. I get your reasoning but it felt like he would be the Joker to me. The movie wouldn't be ANY where near as successful unless it was called Joker.

If it was called Arthur and had nothing to do with Wayne etc, it certainly would not have made a billion at the box office.

Sure, but that’s where I think DC hasn’t really been honest. They used the name Joker because it sells and would attract DC fans, but the movie is just really... Arthur ! :)

Yeah it's far from my ideal version of the Joker, as it makes him much more a guy just suffering from mental illness than someone who's truly mad and psychotic, but in the end I have no problem accepting this as the Joker. And the knowledge of what he ultimately becomes is what gives the movie a lot of it's power (along of course with Phoenix's performance). And we do see just enough of that dark and dangerous guy at the end there.

Sure, but that’s where I think DC hasn’t really been honest. They used the name Joker because it sells and would attract DC fans, but the movie is just really... Arthur ! :)

Well yeah they used the name lol, the whole point was to make a movie about the Joker. It's not like this script was sitting around and they slapped Joker on it lol.

F0F59669-39B2-4FB2-9458-D7C0A943F660.jpeg

How cool would an animated version be

I loved that this movie focused on Arthur before and during his transition into Joker. Once he becomes Joker it is like destiny. So satisfying. I want more of Joker. I am hoping they make a sequel or somehow incorporate him into The Batman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, but that?s where I think DC hasn?t really been honest. They used the name Joker because it sells and would attract DC fans, but the movie is just really... Arthur ! :)

:lecture

Joker: The Less Than Fantabulous Imagination of One Arthur Fake.

The whole Joker's background needs to be a mystery was really something that worked well with Ledger's Joker.
It worked, cause it made him mysterious.

But it doesnt mean, we have to continue doing the same for every Joker.
One of the best Batman storyline is "The Killing Joke" which this was mentioned to be one of the inspirations for this movie.
And in that storyline, We got to see how Joker became who he is.
and Joker wanted to show Batman that anyone...anyone of us can turn up to be like him.
That's why he shot Barbara Gordon, and tried to break Commissioner Gordon.
Joker wanted Gordon to snap to prove a point.

That's what this movie is about. Except unlike the book where the Joker is trying to show batman that anyone of us can break,
in this movie, we are in Batman's place, and its the director that wanted to prove a point, that with mental illness,
disintegration of society, the pressure of money, trying to take care of people with no help, welfare, etc...
We are being shown, that anyone of us, can be the Joker.

Seems like it sometimes. He always seem to have followers.
Heck, just look at collectors here.
Everyone is going crazy and many wants to have the latest and greatest version of the Joker.

He seems to be so influential.
Even if it makes you wonder why.

Back