Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes 7 non-licensed figures out there from this movie. Pretty incredible.

Seven figures? Pretty unbelievable.

I wouldn't have seen that coming because it was such a depressing little movie. The 'Joker' was a pathetic character, a victim of circumstance rather than an insane criminal mastermind.

If they're making a sequel they need to pull a Gotham and bring out his less feeble-minded twin as the real deal. Then they can make another seven figures. :monkey3

Here's what's been teased so far:

Top-001 - casual
Bullethead - casual
MToys - casual
MToys - clown
WhyToys - clown
Toys Era - clown
SWToys - clown

Cuke Toys outfit sets

Top-001 - casual
Bullethead - casual
MToys - casual
MToys - clown
WhyToys - clown
Toys Era - clown
SWToys - clown

Cuke Toys outfit sets

I keep trying to force myself to watch it a second time. I don't mind depressing films or series as Chernobyl was gripping, but there was something so bleak and empty about the Joker, and so little of the insane genius I associate with the character.

It'll be interesting, though, to see how the sequel deals with the character now that he's been thrust into the limelight and heralded as an anti-hero.

I keep trying to force myself to watch it a second time. I don't mind depressing films or series as Chernobyl was gripping, but there was something so bleak and empty about the Joker, and so little of the insane genius I associate with the character.

It'll be interesting, though, to see how the sequel deals with the character now that he's been thrust into the limelight and heralded as an anti-hero.

As of right now. There is no plans for a sequel( and I hope there never will be one).

This was just a different take from comic book joker. So him going clown prince of crime wasn?t the point of the movie. The ending alluded him in starting that journey.

It's not official, but by a eBay seller :

Version A $242
Version B $170
Version C $ 190

Releasing date: Q2/2020

I was looking for that but found this....not bad for 40euro.

Another one for the ever growing list of options:)

s-l1600 (23).jpg

Damn, that regular smiling sculpt looks fantastic and is the best Joaquin likeness I've seen yet. I thought the ToysEra clown outfit is the only one I'd need, but now I might have to consider this one too...

As of right now. There is no plans for a sequel( and I hope there never will be one).

IMDB currently has it at the 'pitch' stage, updated as of 25th November.

Nine Inch Nails said:
This was just a different take from comic book joker. So him going clown prince of crime wasn?t the point of the movie. The ending alluded him in starting that journey.

I just couldn't see him as being smart enough to go on that journey, which makes a possible sequel difficult yet potentially interesting.

Top-001 - casual
Bullethead - casual
MToys - casual
MToys - clown
WhyToys - clown
Toys Era - clown
SWToys - clown

Cuke Toys outfit sets

And just announced, Neo Toys' Accessory Set A:

111054s6zaxby9ywurgspq.jpg

Companies will keeping making them until...

giphy.gif

:lol

You have 8 choices, yet nothing is good enough?

They're good enough, but I'm a sucker for official merchandise. Also, that's probably part of the problem, so many choices and sets, all including certain "must have" accessories. At least with one official HT release, I can narrow it down to that one figure and be happy with it, regardless of the quality, assuming the head sculpt isn't awful like the Sideshow Beetlejuice.

At this point it seems unlikely HT would risk low sales by jumping into a flooded market with 8 other competitors. This particular Joker does not have huge appeal. And just as likely these "competitors" already know the coast is clear so that's why they jumped in. Until the trade war is over, IP theft is going to go hog-wild.

So again, my guess is HT will wait for a sequel Joker... like they did with Pennywise.

Back