JND Studios - Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be the lighting but the previous pics looked better. I'd be happy with that version

Awful! That gaunt, overly textured, veiny templed head sculpt kills it. I can't believe a studio as 'high end' as JND thought that looks good.

Awful! That gaunt, overly textured, veiny templed head sculpt kills it. I can't believe a studio as 'high end' as JND thought that looks good.
At least they didn't shove dentures in his mouth this time in the name of realism 😀

They have good detailing, but every sculpt JND sculpt looks gaunt and haggard.

For the prices they charge, 1/6 sculpts should not look better.

Does Geralt have a different sculptor? Bc his likeness is way better. I was every hyped when this statue was announced but rn I don’t feel it’s worth of 3K+ import fees for me. I love 1/6 InArt figure way more. Sad but it is what it is.

Does Geralt have a different sculptor? Bc his likeness is way better. I was every hyped when this statue was announced but rn I don’t feel it’s worth of 3K+ import fees for me. I love 1/6 InArt figure way more. Sad but it is what it is.
No, same sculptor as Geralt and a good handful of ppl on the FB collector group have said the same thing about Geralt's sculpt being better than Superman's but then the fanboys attack.

I agree that the new pics aren't very flattering nor does it make me feel confident at the price. I would hate to eat my deposit on this one, but may have to. Will still wait for an official release video and review before making my final decision. I do like how the body looks in the third pic which I had been iffy on previously.

I've been iffy about statues lately after having difficulty selling my last few that I'm really contemplating cancelling all the large scale statues I have on order and sticking with 1/6 scale offerings.

I usually find camera pics and seeing it in person can be vastly different, it'll probably look softer in person but I'm sure it will look good with the size and presence alone.

I usually find camera pics and seeing it in person can be vastly different, it'll probably look softer in person but I'm sure it will look good with the size and presence alone.
Size and presence do not make up for a bad likeness, but seeing silicone/translucent resin pieces in person really do vary from pics. I have not ordered this guy and still not sure if I will.

Got my email to pay the remaining balance on this one but going to wait until we get the “show and tell” video before pulling the trigger. Still unsure about spending so much money+import fees on this guy

𝗡𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸;
‘𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘑𝘕𝘋 𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘴 𝘚𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘯’

I have a soft spot in my heart for this piece but probably still gonna pass and lost NRD... Blitzway Geralt is releasing in May and I don't think I'll have spare 5K for everything in such a short time period. My best friend needs surgery and I gave him all the coin I had. Seems they altered sculpt slightly, not sure about the new wig tho.
432434993_24968382309473746_5537467231782550693_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to the production reveal. It’ll sway me one way or the other. I’m sure the hair can be worked with to lay better.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that new "hair" looks sculpted to me....I wonder if this is a new direction for JND, as they've already set the precedent on their 1/6 Bruce Wayne (which I thought, at the time, was an awkward backwards step!) - maybe they were getting us ready to accept this revised design direction before rolling it out across all of their future sculpts.

I hope I'm wrong, because if this is the new norm for JND, they'll never see a penny from this collector again, and doubly so if it spreads over onto their female pieces.

Cavill can only dream of having a thick hairline like that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that new "hair" looks sculpted to me....
Definitely not sculpted. Just poorly styled plus the volume and/or thickness of the hair making it look like a big mass.

I'll wait for the full reveal to make a final decision, but currently not too thrilled based on this one pic.

Definitely not sculpted. Just poorly styled plus the volume and/or thickness of the hair making it look like a big mass.

I'll wait for the full reveal to make a final decision, but currently not too thrilled based on this one pic.

Yeah, that's a lot of money to spend on a piece that you're not sure about. For what it's worth, I believe this is certainly one of the best Henry Cavil Superman pieces out there, alongside Queen Studios 1/3 Black Suit version.....that said, let's be real about this, these pieces are going to sit on retailers shelves for a long, long......long - time. They'll be discounted by this time next year - so even if you eat the NRD, you'll pick it up later for less - so it will all balance out in the end.

Back