JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it’s not the pleather, it’s the joints on the bodies becoming loose causing a need for a body swap. If it’s not the sculpt then it’s the glue the hair was applied with. If it’s not the figure itself, then it’s a 2.0 that blows it out of the water zapping any resale-ability. The idea of seeing these things as an investment should have long faded when you see people with massive collections of the old Star Wars figures that can’t even give them away now. Comparing these figures to vintage cars is pointless, there’s a market for vintage cars. Vintage figures? No.
Depends on what kind of vintage star wars. If you're talking about the really old original Star Wars vintage figures, many of them go for thousands of dollars a lot of the time, especially if they're carded and graded. The mail away rocket firing Boba Fett is probably the most expensive one, at times going for over $200k. An original Bib Fortuna can go for ~$30k and he's not even a popular character but given his rarity, it's expensive. If you're talking some of the older 12" Star Wars then yea, they don't appear to go for as much as the smaller ones. And definitely not really many of the Sidehow or HT figures, at least not enough to actually be considered an actual investment.

Sealed and graded original transformers tend to fetch a good couple thousand as well.

Carded Original TMNT has finally reached that stage where those are also going for a decent amount of money. Not crazy money like vintage Star Wars but they are climbing in the $100s to low $1000s.

Not sure if you've ever heard of or seen the show "Collector's Call" but they tend to have vintage toy collectors on there from time to time, and some of those guys have some super obscure vintage toys that are worth ridiculous amounts, especially if you compare what they were originally priced at.

i believe most fabric dyes will stain, real clothes will stain, just we dont wear the same shirt all year.

in fact even fabric of different colors and materials stains just because they came in prolonged contact for years, most of the collar on my light colored shirt has some sort of stain around the neck and sleeves and waist where different materials meet even with the hard plastic neck. polyester may have less risk of staining.

i am saying most dyes stain, it doesnt stain because you dont wear them whole year like a figure.

try stack a brown cloth together with white for a year see if it stains. dyes on cotton doesnt stick as good as polyester.
That's unfortunate that it's happened to you, but it honestly hasn't happened to me. Having changed from working in an office to working from home, all of my business clothing that I used to wear have been in the closet since mid 2019 not worn once since then and none have stained each other. Could just be down to different experiences sure, but I still haven't had any stain transfers. Typically, staining on the neck and sleeves isn't due to contact with other clothing but rather perspiration and the oils on our skin getting on the collars and other areas and not coming in contact with colors from other articles of clothing at least in my experience; but, that usually go away with a good wash and/or trip to the cleaners. Same with clothing in my dresser drawers that have been in there for years don't have any staining from being bunched up together.

To bring the conversation back to the hobby, though, just as we've had different experiences here, most collectors will also have different experiences with other materials on their figures dependent on numerous factors be it the fabric, pleather, or rubber/silicone bodies.

Last edited:
I don’t know the specifics when it comes to vintage SW figures to be fair. I’m sure certain lines from back then are worth a bit, but most people didn’t think to keep them carded and it’s so difficult to keep cardboard in mint condition with no deterioration for 40+ years, that’s a lot of life that happened. 1:6 and black series are a different thing though, they’ll never be truly sought after because of two reasons, no nostalgia, and they keep being made. No one wants to pay the prices on eBay for these old HT Star Wars figures, they’re already extremely outdated, people would rather wait for the inevitable 2.0 and these weren’t even released 15 years ago yet. As long as each release improves this will be the norm. I’d say the lifespan of HT from a selling standpoint is about 3-4 years, enough time for people to still want it, without it being outdated. There’s no comparison between HT MMS 200 something to where we are now and they haven’t even really improved much either.

Last edited:
I don’t know the specifics when it comes to vintage SW figures to be fair. I’m sure certain lines from back then are worth a bit, but most people didn’t think to keep them carded and it’s so difficult to keep cardboard in mint condition with no deterioration for 40+ years, that’s a lot of life that happened. 1:6 and black series are a different thing though, they’ll never be truly sought after because of two reasons, no nostalgia, and they keep being made. No one wants to pay the prices on eBay for these old HT Star Wars figures, they’re already extremely outdated, people would rather wait for the inevitable 2.0 and these weren’t even released 15 years ago yet. As long as each release improves this will be the norm. I’d say the lifespan of HT from a selling standpoint is about 3-4 years, enough time for people to still want it, without it being outdated. There’s no comparison between HT MMS 200 something to where we are now and they haven’t even really improved much either.
You'd be surprised about how many kept theirs carded for the original figures, but even uncarded they'll still go for decent amounts. I mean rocket Boba was a mail away figure that I don't believe came in a card, just a mailer box so that one won't even have a card and still goes for crazy amounts. My uncle had the whole original set from the first movie but unfortunately sold them for just a couple hundred in the 90s to get some quick cash, but now they'd most likely be worth thousands.

But, when talking about vintage toys, especially ones that are actually worth something in todays market and will more than likely continue to be worth something, it's usually stuff pre-1990s. When you said vintage toys in your original post, that's what I thought you were referencing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but now sounds like you were actually more or less talking about current lines not being worth anything when they actually become old (stuff like black label SW or HT/Sideshow), which I would agree that they definitely would not fetch real money if any profit at all depending on the character. Our particular hobby of 1/6 tends to focus on realism and accuracy so we're more than likely going to want the latest and greatest version to get that next level. It's a totally different game with real vintage toys, though.

It's really crazy how much certain things go for and will go for more than probably any toy would, most of which no one probably really thought would go for such ridiculous amounts of money. Like I just found out today that the most valuable sports trading card is a Micky Mantle card that is worth about $40million that some old guy has :lol That boggles my mind that a tiny piece of cardstock would be worth so much :thud:

Yea I was meaning stuff like the old blue carded Bespin Luke, the lines that were out around the time the prequels came out, the newer black series, sideshow and HT stuff. I was thinking about picking up the HT Emperor Palpatine to go with the Yunsil outfit, but for 700+ is absurd when the sculpt is already dated and that was MMS468? We should be very picky when it comes to buying releases these days. Only quality stuff from here on out for me, I would like to get that Tamashii C-3P0 if I could find one reasonably priced. Knowing when to pass on lines is important more now than it ever has been. I’m thinking select Batman releases and select SW for me.

Its a forum..anybody can discuss however they feel like it.
Not to mention, this thread isnt about a specific product, its the 1/6 line in general.

I understand folks here have some emotional attachment to their purchase but its a free country. You can agree/disagree without getting defensive. The fact some folks here are getting defensive just shows how little confidence they had with JND in the first place.

Not to mention, this thread isnt about a specific product, its the 1/6 line in general.

I understand folks here have some emotional attachment to their purchase but its a free country. You can agree/disagree without getting defensive. The fact some folks here are getting defensive just shows how little confidence they had with JND in the first place.
folks just jealous and sourgraping they cant afford the figured and hope they fail.

QFT at the bold, and my post was a free post discussing people who have no liking for the figures/statues being the most worried for the quality, seemingly.

If my post is defensive yours is provoking, is that how it works?

In actuality mine was more a general observation, but take from it what you will if that's how you see it.

Your last point doesn't make any sense, mate. Why would someone buy something they have no confidence in lmao, the only people who don't have confidence in these products are the people not buying them. It's hardly a defense stating that the warning of fragility given by JND is no different to the multiple warnings Hot Toys and Inart, and indeed, any manufacturing company that produces goods that can easily be mishandled and blamed on the manufacturing quality by customers, makes.

EDIT:

LOL. I bet they'll even ship it in a box to protect it, got no faith it'll hold up in delivery without it otherwise!

Last edited:
people do buy things they arent confident in all the time, under pressure, by the salesman or peers, or in this case the fade by other forummers and internet users.
QFT at the bold, and my post was a free post discussing people who have no liking for the figures/statues being the most worried for the quality, seemingly.

If my post is defensive yours is provoking, is that how it works?

In actuality mine was more a general observation, but take from it what you will if that's how you see it.

Your last point doesn't make any sense, mate. Why would someone buy something they have no confidence in lmao, the only people who don't have confidence in these products are the people not buying them. It's hardly a defense stating that the warning of fragility given by JND is no different to the multiple warnings Hot Toys and Inart, and indeed, any manufacturing company that produces goods that can easily be mishandled and blamed on the manufacturing quality by customers, makes.

EDIT:

LOL. I bet they'll even ship it in a box to protect it, got no faith it'll hold up in delivery without it otherwise!

I have a modified turd gen. Expecting around that much from it, maybe more. My '97 4runner was well into the 400s with no end in sight.

There's a reason why the terrorists you see on CNN are all driving old Toyota body-on-frame trucks...

Ive got a 2.5 gen. eventually id like to get an old pickup from the 80s-90s, loved the size and look:sneaky:

I don’t see that as a legitimate concern, I highly doubt anyone here will be still collecting in 30 years. A new car is far more expensive and they’re usually only good for a few years until they reach 100k miles, then they’re junk for the most part. We buy expensive 4K tvs just to upgrade it in a few years, can’t even make any money back besides just phasing out the older ones in your home with them. In 30 years the glued hair on a sculpt will dry out and fall off. Nothing lasts forever.

My 2000 Toyota RAV4 is still running with nearly 300,000 miles. I’m hoping the car lasts another half decade to make it to a 30-Year Anniversary.:pray:

I own polystone/resin statues from 20 years ago that are still in great shape. On the other hand, my childhood TMNT Playmates figures started emitting this sticky slimy substance when I removed them from storage recently.

Here’s hoping the the silicone and pleather materials from our statues/figures outlive us. If I’m still alive in 30 years, I hope to be still collecting.

Hoping the figure lasts as long as a Toyota is one thing, I’d obviously hope the same since I’ve paid for it. But if it deteriorates in half that time, so be it, I got my money’s worth. This release will be long since improved upon in 15 years let alone 30. The materials JND uses are promised, tested, and researched to last 25 years, obviously JND cannot guarantee these figures will match that, solely because they’re of the same medical grade silicone, because they don’t have a silicone figure that’s 25 years old yet. People are just tying JNDs hands behind their back and telling them to swim at this point.

Back