Jem & The Holograms return at SDCC with high-end dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see... that's an awful lot of engineering involved with expensive dollies too :S

However (just been swapping some heads around here) and an Integrity head will work on CyGirl/TTL bodies (and therefore probably others too) - you just have to pad out the knob atop the neck so the head fits snuggly over it. I've been doing it with Barbies for years.

Thanks!
Ok, so I guess the next question is where is the best place to find loose IT heads?

A little more info on the line:
The buzz generated on the web since the announcement of the new Integrity Toys/Hasbro collaboration on JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS has been simply incredible! We've received all sorts of questions in the last week about future plans for the brands and about the Special Edition: HOLLYWOOD JEM doll herself, so the W Club went to the source and asked the designers for a little more information. So, here goes...

This line has been created by the Integrity Toys design team in close collaboration with Hasbro and is destined to adult fans and collectors of JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS and is not intended to be "play line", it is a high-end collectible just like Poppy Parker or Fashion Royalty.

The dolls feature a brand new body sculpt seen for the first time on this new line. The new body has slightly larger feet and newly sculpted interchangeable hands, which are more in proportions and will allow the characters to hold accessories better and more realistically.

The dolls will be able to share some clothes with many other Integrity Toys dolls, but the shoes will be unique to this new body only.

The earrings on HOLLYWOOD JEM do not light up like they did on the vintage Jem dolls from the 80's. This was done to make the earrings look more like they did in the cartoon, but they are chrome plated in red for that extra burst of sparkle.

The outfits are faithfully reproduced from looks seen in both the TV show and the toy line and are ultra detailed, just like any other Integrity Toys collectibles.

Each doll in the collection will feature ultra detailed accessories, musical instruments, etc. including tiny miniature amp cables for the instruments and microphones that can be connected to the doll stand for better display possibilities and added realism.

Designed to be reminiscent of the vintage oval doll stands, the new doll stand created just for the JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS collection will work in two modes, both "saddle style" and "underarm style". Interchangeable connector parts will be included with each doll.

The packaging was especially designed to keep a retro look, while being modern and more "collectible". Each characters will come with special mementos. For example, HOLLYWOOD JEM includes a miniature reproduction of the original Jem poster and a doll sized "Boulevard of Fame" star frame, which Jem received in the original "HOLLYWOOD JEM" episodes for her work on the movie "Starbright". Since we've got some serious JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS fans who are part of our design team, you can expect some cool surprises with every new doll in the line, we even created an instruction sheet printed in purple, in the same style as the vintage dolls! Now that's attention to details!
Information about the next characters in the line, edition sizes and distribution details will be released in the near future. Of course, W Club members will know about it all first, so stay tuned and Truly Outrageous!

Wait, that's not all!

If you want to find out more about this truly outrageous collaboration between Hasbro and Integrity Toys, the IT marketing team and Haute Doll have collaborated together to bring you the first ever SDCC exclusive cover variant of Haute Doll magazine, only available at the show itself for free in the Hasbro booth, #3329!

The show exclusive cover features the new Hollywood Jem doll. If you can't make it to the San Diego Comic Con and want to get the full scoop about the new "Classic" Jem and The Holograms doll line, the article contained inside will also be included in both the regular edition (without the exclusive cover) and digital edition of the magazine. W Club members, who have taken the opportunity to receive the free digital subscription offered by DOLLS Magazine, will be able to read all about Jem in the online digital edition of the magazine, which will be available on July 12th, 2012.

I'm glad to see a thread about Jem and the Holograms at an action figure site. Just found this site today. Hi everyone! :wink1:

Yes there's certainly ALOT of interest in this new Jem doll. I counted to over 50 pre-sales on ebay, for 200$ + each.

I'd say Jem for a very long time has been one of the most wanted characters to be brought back. And here she is, as Truly Outrageous as ever! :yess:

I'm glad to see Integrity Toys put such a big effort into this high quality, fully articulated doll. I'd hate to see just a typical statue in a silly pose. Jem finally has all pink hair instead of half blonde to switch into Jerrica, it's very well designed and looks very modern with vibes from the 80's.

I guess most people here are fans of robot/superhero shows and really don't like glamour and glitter, fashion and fame. But nontheless, Jem was great at what it was. The cartoon had incredible stories, try the episodes "Starbright", or "Stingers Hit Town" by Christy Marx, "Broadway Magic" by Marv Wolfman, or "Hollywood Jem" by Roger Slifer. It had a very detailed bible written by Christy Marx, which is probably why the episodes were so consistant and the characters so much more complex than your average cartoon series.

I'd say the animation of the Jem cartoon is great also. Character designs that should appeal to superhero fans. And to top it off, the music video had even better animation. Look for music videos like "Universal Appeal" and "Let's Blow This Town" by the Misfits, "Too Close" by Jem and the Holograms, and "Mind Games" by the Stingers.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuLvdPi8O6c[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taL_tbuuMt4[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2yp7F4HjgY[/ame]

So, I did a video review of the first doll in the line from an action figure collector's perspective. Hopefully I didn't embarrass myself. :) Let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions. :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK5hLuM8g_0[/ame]

First look at Jem, Jerrica and Synergy:
55136_10151033807966920_1529916069_o.jpg

Everything sold out really fast! I ordered all four of them. I was a bit surprised how popular Rio ended up being. But he turned out really well. Only Jerrica and Synergy seem to be hanging around, and that might not be for long.

That being said, it seems like some dealers haven't listed them yet, so some might pop up.

Back