Jem & The Holograms return at SDCC with high-end dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jem's not doing it for me, but some of those others you posted HP are fantastic.
Love the retro styling on the faces, ang the leggy brunette in the Leather ensemble is a work of art.
Is she yours?

I do own her, but the photos I posted were all official photos from the company. :)

Yeah, I am not feeling the Jem head sculpt or hair style. I have to admit I wasn't into Jem, I was just a baby in the 80s, but if any of the characters look cool I will probably pick them up.

My sister loved the show and dolls and I have to admit as a kid I watched it too (and possibly played with the dolls. ) But I find this to be an odd choice, most toy collectors are male, and I can't see many men buying these, so unless they are planing to have 100% of female collectors buying them I'd say these will sell really poorly.

Well these are made for females, there are many females who buy/collect dolls. these aren't action figures, they are dolls and will sell fine.

Plus add the gay male collectors and some of the straights and this is pure win.

It was a slight notch below Masters of the Universe.

Uh-oh, looks like someone didn't appreciate all those valuable life lessons!

For it's time the Bakshi-esque animation was a major upgrade from the standard Hanna-Barbera sludge that dominated the kid TV Shows at the time. Looking at it now, it's pretty bad. Occassionally, the unintentional (or not) homoerotic overtones are good enough for a laugh.

Is it possible to find these loose/nude at a more affordable price?

What are you wanting them for? Their bodies? Heads? just wondered because there are some for pretty cheap prices at the official Integrity store because they are on Clearance.

As it was said that the heads won't fit other bodies, I'm curious to see if the body might be "adapted" to accept parts from other manufacturers to make it more of an action figure, while not losing the slenderness of the base body.

Well these are made for females, there are many females who buy/collect dolls. these aren't action figures, they are dolls and will sell fine.

Plus add the gay male collectors and some of the straights and this is pure win.

250px-Smithersstacey.jpg

As it was said that the heads won't fit other bodies, I'm curious to see if the body might be "adapted" to accept parts from other manufacturers to make it more of an action figure, while not losing the slenderness of the base body.

the dolls have all the action figure joints... shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, legs, knees and some have foot joints as well. I just think if you want to mix and match with Hot Toys, Sideshow or other brands it's gonna be pretty difficult looks wise. :)

the dolls have all the action figure joints... shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, legs, knees and some have foot joints as well. I just think if you want to mix and match with Hot Toys, Sideshow or other brands it's gonna be pretty difficult looks wise. :)

True, they are jointed similarly to true action figures. However, the likelihood that one of them could hold say, using my previously stated desire, Col. Deering's blaster is slim at best.
My wonder is, whether using a mix of any of my several body types, I could alter the IT body by a full arm swap? Or change out the forearms or hands. I would be willing to sacrifice the body to make the swap, but not if the loose body costs me a fortune to begin with.

It really depends on which character you decide on getting.

Some characters are not as popular as others. For instance, IT made a line of dolls from Breakfast at Tiffanys and you can probably buy them loose for $60 or cheaper. But, the head sculpt leaves much to be desired.

True, they are jointed similarly to true action figures. However, the likelihood that one of them could hold say, using my previously stated desire, Col. Deering's blaster is slim at best.
My wonder is, whether using a mix of any of my several body types, I could alter the IT body by a full arm swap? Or change out the forearms or hands. I would be willing to sacrifice the body to make the swap, but not if the loose body costs me a fortune to begin with.

Though one thing all the Integrity bodies (FR, Nu-Face, Dynamite Girls, Poppy Parker) tend to lack is a waist joint.

On the hand front... all the recent girls come on 'handspeak' bodies where you can pop the hands off - mainly for easy dressing but a few do come with alternate, slightly more grippy-posed hands... though you'd probably need a pretty slimline blaster. Another option would be to whittle down the peg on a 27cm Obitsu gripping hand.

Thinks... should have some Integrity + gun photos here somewhere...

Havoc takes aim by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Agent Havoc means business by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Struggling a bit with her Tommy gun here...

Havoc and her Tommy Gun by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Cheating using a pair of old medicom gloves;

Poppy Parker vs. the Saucer-Men by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

The girls can be a bit on the tall-side though (Nu-Face Ayumi below)... Dynamite Girls (especially the earlier ones) and Poppy Parker are on smaller Integrity bodies, but they're still going to be as tall as most 1/6 blokes.

Ayumi and the Toyville posse by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Hunnipot, I would need one whose head would work for the intended character. As you said, head swaps are pretty much out of the question so I'd have to work around that.
MiskatonicNick, Thanks for the pix. I was imagining a swap of the entire arm so that the proper "action" hands might be useable.

I like the their hands seem to be actually able to grab things and not just useless like most doll hands I remember. Looking at Jem, it does seem like she might have some alternate hands from the pics though it doesn't call it out specifically.

Hunnipot, I would need one whose head would work for the intended character. As you said, head swaps are pretty much out of the question so I'd have to work around that.
MiskatonicNick, Thanks for the pix. I was imagining a swap of the entire arm so that the proper "action" hands might be useable.

I see... that's an awful lot of engineering involved with expensive dollies too :S

However (just been swapping some heads around here) and an Integrity head will work on CyGirl/TTL bodies (and therefore probably others too) - you just have to pad out the knob atop the neck so the head fits snuggly over it. I've been doing it with Barbies for years.

Back