Jedi Luke Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people are perfectly happy with their Lukes, and that's cool, but for me personally, I had to change that body.I didn't take any before pics before I swapped bodies. Hope Mr. Crawford doesn't mind.

Bluetooth used an HT body, which I think turned out better, but since I couldn't get my hands on one, I used a Medicom.

reviewssjediluke16pp1.jpg
newpics2005bc1.jpg

Last edited:
thundergod said:
Yes , but surely I can't be the only one that thinks the Medicom Luke stinks? The headsculpt looks downright cheap and remember this is a figure that costs TWICE the Sideshow version . I don't subscribe to the whole "Medicom worship". O.k , Vader and the Troopers are nice enough figures but the price? And they're all too bloody short!!:banghead

:confused: I don't subscribe to the whole Medicom worship thing either. I don't know where in any of my posts I state this. I think all companies have hits and misses, strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a SS fan.

Did you do anything else to it besides putting it on a Med-body? The way you have the vest looks great. Problem with a HT body is it makes Luke too tall, almost taller than Han! I keep thinking Han, Anakin and Mace should also have been on a taller body like Qui-Gon.

Sachiel said:
Did you do anything else to it besides putting it on a Med-body? The way you have the vest looks great. Problem with a HT body is it makes Luke too tall, almost taller than Han! I keep thinking Han, Anakin and Mace should also have been on a taller body like Qui-Gon.

Thanks a lot Sachiel, I really appreciate that. I agree the HT did appear a little too tall. Luke does have the extenders at his ankles that Medicom makes. The thing is I swapped Han's body with a Medi too, and made sure to make him taller than Luke. :D As far as height goes my Luke is slightly taller than Maul which is wrong I think, but still a tad shorter than a regular SS Obi-Wan. I don't think he needs it, but I might swap Maul with a Medi body, too.

thundergod said:
Yes , but surely I can't be the only one that thinks the Medicom Luke stinks? The headsculpt looks downright cheap and remember this is a figure that costs TWICE the Sideshow version . I don't subscribe to the whole "Medicom worship". O.k , Vader and the Troopers are nice enough figures but the price? And they're all too bloody short!!:banghead

I suppoesd the SS Luke is just perfect isnt it? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

jedibear said:
You're right, of course...a lot of how he looks depends on the pose & the picture....

423732929_44c03eb404_o.jpg

Got any shots of that Medicom that show off that figure well?
It'd be cool to see...

shadow it all you want, but his head still look HUMONGOUS and his arms still way too long.

I have to say I'm 50/50 on Luke. I love the headsculpt, I really do; it's a terrific likeness, by far the best line so far. But...

Luke's got a huge noggin'! Since the HT bodies have broader shoulders, they give the figure better proportions, but there's no getting around the huge melon. And I'm not going to bring up the huge hands.

Also, even though the headsculpt is fantastic, the expression is to scene-specific. It really limits the display options. But, all in all, it's a great "kit", if you're willing to make some modifications. I'm really looking forward to Sideshow releasing other Lukes (come on Bespin Luke!), wo I can swap the headsculpt.

Here are a couple of pics (sorry about the quality) of my "bashed" Luke, with a HT body and new boots (and a head repaint)

luke1.jpg

luke1.jpg

I love the Luke sculpt too but its the body that ruins this figure. I dont have a problem with the SS body on any other figures, mainly because the clothing is much less tight on them. I really want to pose Luke in his DSII outfit but the body makes it look awful and posing him with his cloak is the only option with the SS body. I've read the above posts but what is the best bet for a Body replacement that doesnt make Luke look too tall???

PosterBoyKelly said:
Love the HT Body Bash, wish I had the balls to pop Luke's head off and do it myself.

Do it man, it's real easy... just strip him off (eeew) and dunk his head in really hot water for a couple of minutes. Then, just use a towel to protect your hands and pull hard. There you, the head popped clean off and you can put it back on the Sideshow body in case you're not satisfied with the results.

Well I wouldn't want to put it on a SS body, that's the problem. I'd slap him on a HT, still too paranoid to ruin the paint though.

It won't do anything to the paint. I've done it abour 5 times already.

Would the HT New Generation Life body be good for a swap? If so, which one should I get Asian or Caucasian? The Caucasian looks too light to me.

Sachiel said:
It won't do anything to the paint. I've done it abour 5 times already.

He' right Kelly. I have done it to several figures (first time was a real sweat, i was so nervous about ruining it). Its easy to do and no paint at all will come off.

I'm so tempted to do this as Jedi Luke is the only figure (so far) that shows up the SS body. I'd like to use Medicom but am afraid that the MEdicom body will be too thin. Hot Toys is tempting but I' scared that he will look too tall..... he nees to be shorter that Han. WHat should I do????

That sounds rather extreme.
I don't know if it's worth all the hassle. SST Luke's is just too big, it would only look proportional on a tall body.

Back