Jedi Luke Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Ape

Super Freak
Reaction score
I never got the Jedi Luke and have been thinking about it lately. I've read about the complaints regarding his "monkey arms" problem. I plan on switching his head onto an ape figure because they're smaller than SS' regular figures. They stand roughly 11.25" or 11.50". I want to pose him using his sabre and don't want to see his forearms and I'm hoping this should fix that problem. I've also read that he suffers from the bobble head syndrome. Is his head really big? Would shortening him 1/2" be a good move? Thanks :cool:

Last edited:
with nearly 40 people reading this, not one person can answer me and help me out? :lightnin :confused:

I doubt even one of those 40 took a knife to their luke to make his arms shorter. Besides I think shortneing him would only accent the largeness of his head.

Me personally, I think his arms look fine.

I never really saw the whole "monkey arm" thing... they looked pretty good to me but since I never have them straight down by his side guess I never noticed. And I think his head is a little bigger so it looks more natural under the hood.

This is a great figure and with an awesome sculpt, I would definitely recommend picking it up. The arms are a bit long but if you have him posed it shouldn’t be a problem. If you can switch the body out with another SS body with shorter forearms go for it. The head like most of the SW figures is a bit big but it's not overly noticeably in hand.

i know of quite a few peeps who changed him to a shorter bod because of the ape arms. either a shorter SS bod or Dragon. i personally saw one on a short Dragon bod and it looked much better. i'm currently thinking of switching mine to a short bod. do the SS Ape bods have brown/hairy forearms? might try an ape bod if they're short.

pixletwin said:
I doubt even one of those 40 took a knife to their luke to make his arms shorter. Besides I think shortneing him would only accent the largeness of his head.

Me personally, I think his arms look fine.

no, but I was close. :lol :D :lol :D :rotfl

i got my exclusive luke in the mail the day before yesterday, and he does have long arms. however if posed correctly you cant even tell the difference. His head in my opinion is fine, its a great sculpt and worth having. He is the first after all. :D

Mookeylama said:
i know of quite a few peeps who changed him to a shorter bod because of the ape arms. either a shorter SS bod or Dragon. i personally saw one on a short Dragon bod and it looked much better. i'm currently thinking of switching mine to a short bod. do the SS Ape bods have brown/hairy forearms? might try an ape bod if they're short.

Unfortunately no hairy foreares, they are however black. One might have to paint a little of the showing forearm, if there is any, flesh tone.

I agree with most here. I think he looks great if you have him posed. Arms at his side to seem a little long but not that bad. I was very pleased with the paint application and accessories. Truly one to have in your collection.

Great Ape said:
Unfortunately no hairy foreares, they are however black. One might have to paint a little of the showing forearm, if there is any, flesh tone.

so other than the black forearms the ape bods are in proportion? how ironic that they aren't the ones w/ monkey arms lol. anyone know if the ape bods are basically the same size as the other short SS bods such as Oz and Hunchback?

Mookeylama said:
so other than the black forearms the ape bods are in proportion? how ironic that they aren't the ones w/ monkey arms lol. anyone know if the ape bods are basically the same size as the other short SS bods such as Oz and Hunchback?

Not to sure about this but I would asssume yes because SS doesn't have too many variantions in their bodies. I thing they only have 2.
11 1/2, 12, 14

I think there are three different bodies. Big body (Terminator 800), Ape size, and Standard size.

Customikey said:
The Ape bodies have a different neck post than standard Sideshow necks like Luke. They are not compatible.

What?? NOooooooo!
Damn those dirty stinking Apes!

Back