Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who wants some see some awesome Batmobile.

I ******* love that guy!

B926AF3F-FE6D-4848-8F57-FE6521B66414.jpeg

6296E991-9617-43FD-B78F-E7FAD30F4FC1.jpeg

Aaaannnnnd ordered.

I paid in full for the Batwing and Batsignal, but I wanna see what it feels like to do a payment plan. I like the idea of “working” towards the last day. I might pay in full the closer we get to the final months. I’m so excited.

Last edited:
This looks beyond incredible and I could just about scrape together the cash plus shipping over the course of a year - but I’m in the UK so I would have to pay VAT and customs charges on top, which tips the balance against it. Still, happy for everyone who’s getting it, and can’t wait to see the pictures.

I wonder what the resale value of this will be with everyone buying it lol. Do Jazzinc products typically hold their value in the secondary market especially with the high shipping costs that you would want to recoup? I assume the 66 batmobile holds its value well but not sure about the others? I'm not even sure what the 66 batmobile cost actually

I always assume a zero resale. That way, when I buy it, I know I really want it.

I'm not sure that a 1/6 batmobile is something that people should speculate on, but I also don't think there's enough of a history to glean anything about resale prices on the secondary market for a used batmobile. I was in the first batch of the 1966, and that was only shipped a year go September.

Only time will tell on any sort of resale, but I have absolutely no intention of selling any of my jazzinc batmobiles. Personally, I've waited too long for them to actually come into existence and they are now some of my favorite possessions. I suspect that sentiment is probably shared by many who have ordered.

I’m in the same boat, did not order in a speculation and resale purpose but this 1989 Batmobile will undoubtedly be the closest thing to the real car ever made.
So I’m not worried, it will hold its value and much more IMO…

Last edited:
This 89 Batmobile will be the definitive version for sure. I think anyone who gets this will be very pleased. I never buy anything with the thought of resell value since I buy for my enjoyment. I would love to have gotten the Batwing and this as well but I will stick with my hot toys 89 Batmobile. Where I have mine displayed this would not quite fit and I would not really be able to see all of the overall detailed work that Jazzinc put into this. Really happy to all who get this as it looks majestic.

Preorder closes on Jan 12th. You have until the 11th to decide if you want this or not.

Not my thing to consider resale value for something I really want. It'd be difficult to top this version. For what it's worth, IMO, I think the more expensive a collectible is nowadays, the harder it is to profit from it in the secondary market.

Preorder closes on Jan 12th. You have until the 11th to decide if you want this or not.

Not my thing to consider resale value for something I really want. It'd be difficult to top this version. For what it's worth, IMO, I think the more expensive a collectible is nowadays, the harder it is to profit from it in the secondary market.
I wouldn't plan on selling it and even if I did it wouldn't be to make a profit. I just still have some doubts considering I have never seen it in person. I just fear that I'll get it in hand and have second thoughts and now I'll be stuck with a $2000 item that I can't sell. I don't doubt jazzinc quality from everything I've heard. But still, I just have to trust these opinions considering I've never seen any of their products in person. Who knows maybe I'll get it and think it's just too big or any other number of reasons to second guess the purchase. The main reason I want it is because of the paint application. I saw the hot toys batmobile and due to the paint job, it just looked like a big plastic toy. Wildly unimpressive. If I'm going to spend top dollar I want it to actually look like the material the real batmobile is made out of. Again, I assume this will, but it's still just a guess. A $2000 guess. These are the reasons I was curious about resale value. Just to have an emergency latch I can pull if necessary.

I wish we could get some 4k footage of the car. All of the video up to this point looks like it's been shot with phones from 15 years ago.

I wouldn't plan on selling it and even if I did it wouldn't be to make a profit. I just still have some doubts considering I have never seen it in person. I just fear that I'll get it in hand and have second thoughts and now I'll be stuck with a $2000 item that I can't sell. I don't doubt jazzinc quality from everything I've heard. But still, I just have to trust these opinions considering I've never seen any of their products in person. Who knows maybe I'll get it and think it's just too big or any other number of reasons to second guess the purchase. The main reason I want it is because of the paint application. I saw the hot toys batmobile and due to the paint job, it just looked like a big plastic toy. Wildly unimpressive. If I'm going to spend top dollar I want it to actually look like the material the real batmobile is made out of. Again, I assume this will, but it's still just a guess. A $2000 guess. These are the reasons I was curious about resale value. Just to have an emergency latch I can pull if necessary.

I wish we could get some 4k footage of the car. All of the video up to this point looks like it's been shot with phones from 15 years ago.
Don’t forget that Joost’s products are now licensed and there are always people that awake too late and are willing to pay crazy prices on the secondary market.
Just look at crazy prices the 1st HT Batmobile went before the reissue. Some were sold circa 2K…

If it makes you feel any better, I have yet to get anything from jazzinc that didn’t exceed my expectations, and I actually started out collecting batmobiles before I got into figures.

It sounds like perhaps your concern is about the total amount of money this costs, which is a whole different issue. If that’s the case, just forget about FOMO and do what makes sense for you financially to sleep well at night. There’s a reason you’re concerned, and only you can reconcile that.

For sure, adulting sucks, but we all have to do it, at least every now and again ;)

Did Joost say how the canopy slides open?

I don’t recall if Joost showed this in his promo picture or videos.

Hot Toys had a silver rod in the middle with the sliding mechanism (please see the inset picture) but I don’t recall the rod being in the movie.

I bought a couple cheap $10 Keaton 12-inch figures to place inside the Batmobile and Batwing (since I don’t want to risk damage to the Hot Toys).

From a distance and hidden inside the canopy of my Hot Toys Batmobile, it’s hard to tell that it’s not a premium figure but I hope the rod is not there if I leave the JazzInc Batmobile canopy open. Ruins the “realistic” immersion.

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

I don’t recall if Joost showed this in his promo picture or videos.

Hot Toys had a silver rod in the middle with the sliding mechanism (please see the inset picture) but I don’t recall the rod being in the movie.

I bought a couple cheap $10 Keaton 12-inch figures to place inside the Batmobile and Batwing (since I don’t want to risk damage to the Hot Toys).

From a distance and hidden inside the canopy of my Hot Toys Batmobile, it’s hard to tell that it’s not a premium figure but I hope the rod is not there if I leave the JazzInc Batmobile canopy open. Ruins the “realistic” immersion.
I would love to know this too! If there’s a bar in the center. I hope there isn’t.

If I remember correctly the metal bar in the cockpit is only visible in 1 scene but can’t put a hand on a pic.

I would love to know this too! If there’s a bar in the center. I hope there isn’t.

Joost said in a recent viedo that it's impossible to get the canopy to slide open by itself. Something about not enough room for al lthe mechanics involved if I remember right. He really wanted that feature but just couldn't get it worked out.

Batman.1989.mp4_snapshot_01.07.34.882.png

Batman.1989.mp4_snapshot_01.07.39.316.png

The only time the full bar is there is when you can see the whole canopy move. When it's a closeup shot, it's probably some guys manually sliding it.

Joost said in a recent viedo that it's impossible to get the canopy to slide open by itself. Something about not enough room for al lthe mechanics involved if I remember right. He really wanted that feature but just couldn't get it worked out.
I wonder if using magnet works.. for the open and close position only.

Back