Jayne figure for Adam Baldwin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viper, will you be painting Vera. If you don't mind i will use your concept art that you posted in the booklet with a blurb. Will that be acceptable?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Lol thank you for letting me know it arrived, and for your kind words. I enjoyed working on it.

Viper, will you be painting Vera. If you don't mind i will use your concept art that you posted in the booklet with a blurb. Will that be acceptable?

Yeah, I'll paint it. It's fine to use the renders in the book instead since there won't be pictures of the gun available in time.

SS, when do you need the photo by? I don't have everything yet, but the deadline is coming upon us fast!

Saturday if possible. I'm putting in a lot of hours and need to get the bulk of it done this weekend to meet the deadline:)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Well the place I got the pistols printed at has it at $106

I had to use Shapeways which was still $66. I'm starting to look into casting things myself, so I think when the time comes to do a run of these I'll try and see if I can cast them instead since it would be much cheaper.

It's a big gun though--at 1/6th scale it's like 6" long

How did you get around shapeways "no guns over 4 inches long" rule????

Is that one of their rules? I know they don't allow full-sized weapons, but I imagine they either didn't check specifically or they realize that it's too small to be a problem.

yep any gun over 10 cm is supposedly against their rules because of netherlands law...

although there was some talk of using their new york offices to print stuff like that instead.... but it's not an official policy yet as far as i've heard...

see this thread on their forums https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=18888&&srch=guns#msg_18888

That's a really old thread though, I think the official thing was that it just needs to be small enough so that it's obviously not threatening. I got the Mal pistol printed there once and it was fine.

That's a really old thread though, I think the official thing was that it just needs to be small enough so that it's obviously not threatening. I got the Mal pistol printed there once and it was fine.

i've printed a bunch of 1:6 pistols with them... including my own mal pistol model... but all of them were way under 10 cm long...

From https://www.shapeways.com/support/faq :

> Are there prohibited products?
... Weaponry look products are not accepted on Shapeways, neither private, nor public. Any file containing such content will be removed without further notice. We are allowed to make an exception for miniature weaponry (maximum size 10cm).

i think you may have just gotten lucky... one of the guys over at sixth division printed up some ww2 era larger guns in 1:6 but when he went to print more he was told they couldn't print weapons.... it seems the earlier orders slipped through the cracks... https://onesixthnet.yuku.com/reply/...08-15-MG08-T-Gewehr-and-Chauchat#reply-122643

How did you get around shapeways "no guns over 4 inches long" rule????

If those are their rules, then they should be willing to make a full scale 4 inch long derringer. Maybe you can make the 1/6 scale gun to dissassemble, so that each piece is shorter than 4 inches. Removable barrel, just like a real gun.:)

For shapeways you should be able to make two pieces and assemble it when you get it.

Back