Jayne figure for Adam Baldwin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a shot of my Jayne on a Perseus body (arm and neck painted) to match head:

picture.php

I both sewed the t-shirt and made the iron-on decals. I could make this as long as there is no rush. We really need a decent Firefly gun or Vera to make this worth giving.

Yeah Trev, I need your addy. Please PM it to me and I'll get the body out to you asap.

Old Grandpa

PS: Nice Jayne Star Puffs, but there is a rush, need the figure in Buffy Girl's hands by Feb

And whomever will have the final parts/pieces etc, I will give you my address. I WILL be going so there is no worry there. It will be nice for me to deliver this on behalf of my fellow FF fans. I truly can't wait. And I will make sure we are all mentioned when it's presented.

Okay, so Darth is going to look into doing a weapon...when I met Adam last weekend he talked about Vera, so I know he likes her. He doesn't have possession of her, just his knife. So a cute mini replica would be cool for him to see I'm sure.

Starpuffs, great job on the shirt! I also like the pants. I need different pants for my Jayne!

Here's the tattoos/shirt decals I have sitting around, if they would help? Fighting Elves, Blue Sun, the Chinese symbol, the gun, and (my personal fave) the naked lady. It's just so funny!

IMG_3187.jpg

And whomever will have the final parts/pieces etc, I will give you my address. I WILL be going so there is no worry there. It will be nice for me to deliver this on behalf of my fellow FF fans. I truly can't wait. And I will make sure we are all mentioned when it's presented.

Okay, so Darth is going to look into doing a weapon...when I met Adam last weekend he talked about Vera, so I know he likes her. He doesn't have possession of her, just his knife. So a cute mini replica would be cool for him to see I'm sure.

Starpuffs, great job on the shirt! I also like the pants. I need different pants for my Jayne!

I don't think it will be a problem, it's not really that complex to make. But I'll have to get it printed by Shapeways and they can have some quality control issues, so it'll probably need some cleanup afterwards.

I don't think it will be a problem, it's not really that complex to make. But I'll have to get it printed by Shapeways and they can have some quality control issues, so it'll probably need some cleanup afterwards.

If you used them for your Mal Pistols, their quality is pretty darn good!

Sounds good. Might as well get an order in for all of us, no? Lol. I know my Jayne could use one.

If you used them for your Mal Pistols, their quality is pretty darn good!

I used them for the first test, which had diagonal lines across it but excellent detail. On a more recent print I've done it didn't have the diagonal lines but it did have some more subtle "ripples" across the model, supposedly it's not supposed to be like that, so maybe it's just a weird print error, but it'd probably need some form of cleanup.

The reason for using Shapeways is because you can print a single item and keep the cost low, the place I got the pistols printed had an initial cost of $45. It was cheaper than Shapeways with 50 pistols printed, but for just one item it's expensive.

Maybe we could setup multiple orders so that I wouldn't have to use Shapeways, but I'd rather get all the other accessories at the same time so that people could choose which ones they want all at once rather than doing separate.

I think we should have a lock on who is doing what by the end of the weekend. We should find out if SS wants to do the booklet again. I'll message her on fb.

If we figure out the pants situation, mark it for 2. My Jayne is in desperate need.

I'm gonna start a list of what we need and who is supplying it.
we REALLY need to choose a look before rushing headlong into this.

Do we want a cunning hat? what shirt? is someone willing to donate there belt because Stevo is a few months behind on his orders? are we going to do a jacket or just a shirt?

Here is the list.
Head- Trevor (attached to body, shipped), Paint - Silent surfer (head, guns, knife)
Body- Old Grandpa (shipped)
Pants - stshammgod (tan cargo pants)
Shirt - star puffs (Need do decide a T shirt, my vote is fighting elves or naked lady. Color will depend on pattern)
Boots- stshammgod (I think the best look is NAM boots with gators)
Belt- serenityslr (Stevo or other)
Holster- Cadaver202 (I can find a tactical holster thats close to the show)
Guns- darthviper(Le Mat revolver, Vera)
Knife/sheath- serenityslr(Stevo)
Hands- Cadaver202 ( Royce hands)
Wrist bracer- serenityslr (Stevo)
Hat- serenityslr
Base- Anzik
Booklet- serenityslr

Thats all I can think of. Let me know what to change. I can hunt down pants and a shirt if star puffs isn't gonna make one.

Last edited:
The best hands for a Jayne custom are Royce hands IMO. I may have boots I can donate, and I could pick up the hands. I would go for the standard promo pic look, with the brown shirt, khaki pants, etc.

The best hands for a Jayne custom are Royce hands IMO. I may have boots I can donate, and I could pick up the hands. I would go for the standard promo pic look, with the brown shirt, khaki pants, etc.

I can agree with you there. But yellow shirt isn't out of the question either.

I myself love that coat that OG has on his figure. Nice display option. Not necessary, but it looks great. Ultimately, any look will be nice. It's hard to narrow it down, I think.

How are the cunning hats made? They look amazing. It would be strange to make Jayne and not have one of those. Is it possible to get one?

We do need a painter. I have no skill there. I'll ask Silent Surfer, but we may need to pay someone for their time this go around. I'll let you guys know if I can find someone.

If Vera can be made, that would be incredible.

If we need a hub for everything, I'm happy to help. I can get everything together to be sent to BuffyGirl. It's up to you guys, though.

best-
Trev

I got Royce hands if we think they are best. I won't miss them.

I just say we go for this. No coat needed if we're using the muscle body. Why cover it up?

jayne.jpg

Although....

It could look nice with the green jacket on it....

11JayneCobb.jpg

The naked lady's actually the easiest, because you just need to iron on a dark brown shirt. The others are ringers, aren't they? harder to come across.

Personally I vote for the Blue Suns cut-off. Another pretty easy one to do, and you can show off the tattoo :)

I don't have the gaiters... Let me look and see what I have. I am not 100% on the boots. EDIT: I have lousy plastic boots, I no longer have the HT ones. Put me down for the pants, as those really are the same for all his costumes.

Back