JAWS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, being as JAWS is my favorite movie of all time...

And I have made several small, handmade Bruce sharks over the years...one of which I actually sent to Robert Mattey, the mechanical genius that made the sharks actually work in the movie....

Uh...YEAH!!!!

I got mine ordered and two thirds paid for now!

In fact, I have been told it was me (although I am not sure myself...) that was the call in to Sideshow asking about Terry Wurmser that got this whole 28" shark project going...(I'd LOVE it if this were true...but I can't prove it....but I did call in and ask about TW for a buddy's research project and it was about the right timeframe...)

So....

Yeah....

COLOR ME READY!

Although, all respects to Matt Fals and his very respectful and diligent work, which is great!...but...my shark is going to be VERY CUSTOMIZED! :monkey5

No details yet, until I get the 28" rascal in hand, but a total body, inch by inch repaint is an absolute, as is a complete re-toothing, and other small detail things. When I am finished, he will BE Bruce!

Trust me! I've waited 31 years for a decent body sculpt to revamp.
I'll savor this one! :D
My most anticipated "figure" ever! All else pales!

Thanks Sideshow!

Hmmm....curious....
Maybe.
I just am not sure. I do know that is weird. :D

Anyway, hope this is one nice piece! Can't wait!
I like the newer base too. MUCH improved.
Although, the shark looks a bit different also. His head does anyway. Wonder if they reworked it some? He looks more like a real shark in the new shots with the newer base. Or could that be a different paintup???

I too am REALLY looking forward to this piece. It cannot come fast enough.

I still think it looks a lot like Bruce.

Looking forward it as well. One of my all time favorite films.

Hey Gru, I see you have your your Jaws prints/lobby cards already framed and waiting.

I'll have it prominently displayed in my HT right in front of my vintage movie paper (original theatrical release insert) with Peter Benchley autograph. I'll also be rematting it to include Spielberg's autograph.

jaws.jpg

jaws-NSS.jpg

jaws-autograph.jpg

That will be an awesome display Weta!!

Thos insert style posters are perfect for statues.

Nice autograph too.

Wor-Gar, you keep posting some of the coolest photos man! Thanks so much, forever in your debt!

Now I have to go back to drooling over all the new toy pictures!

IMG_0022.jpg

How did I miss out on this? This shot reminds of the part where Bruce attacks the orca and gets Quint. Joe Alves would be proud. If there is ever anymore I'll definitley get one.

Seaward said:
Wor-Gar, you keep posting some of the coolest photos man! Thanks so much, forever in your debt!

Now I have to go back to drooling over all the new toy pictures!

Thanks, Seward! Got this and many others from the RS gallery. They've got some great pix there. Just wanted to share the wealth in the right threads. Its no fun to go "oooooh" and "ahhhhh" alone. :D

YEAH!
:rotfl

PLEASE!
MORE SHOTS OF THE SHARK!
MORE SHOTS OF THE SHARK!
MORE SHOTS OF THE SHARK!
MORE SHOTS OF THE SHARK!
MORE SHOTS OF THE SHARK!

Oh, did I say....

MORE SHOTS OF THE SHARK!

PLEASE! Thanks guys! Wargar, you rule bro!
:D

OK, first things first, this new picture shows that the throat is not hollow after all. Too bad...but he's still cool.

brucele0.jpg

And here's the only picture I have from SDCC of the base, CF...

IMG_0020.jpg

I like this base alot. :eek:

That is an INCREDIBLE piece!! As for the throat not being hollow, I'm sure one of our great customizers here will be changing that...

Back