January 10th Ask SS Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
Q.Monday, January 10th, 2011
Any chance to see these Comiquettes soon – Doctor Doom, Galactus, Apocalypse, Iron Patriot… please? Need bad guys! – AND – I love your Marvel comiquettes, but we need some more villains! Any chance of Spidey’s rogues such as Doc Ock, Sandman, Electro, or Hobgoblin? How about some of the newer villains such as my personal fave, the Hood? Any other villains you could tease for us, please?
To the first question… no, we have BIGGER plans for Dr. Doom! Galactus, Apocalypse, and Iron Patriot are all on the short list for initiation in either Comiquette or PF form, and likely in 1:4 scale either way.

To the second question, no, we’re not actively engaged with Doc Ock, Sandman, or Electro. We do have the Hobgoblin Comiquette in production, and we do have a few other Spidey villains in the process of sculpture. We’ll counter your Hood suggestion with an Anti-Venom, a really striking design. Or perhaps one of Spider-Man’s newer looks; does anyone like his Noir design?
Leave a rating or comment »

Will the Hulk Comiquette be solid polystone, or will he be hollow? – AND – I was just wondering why this is such a big difference in the weight between the Hulk Premium Format and the Hulk Comiquette that will be coming out. They are both roughly the same size but the comiquette is listed at 18lbs while the PF is well over 30. Will this drop in weight cause the statue to be less sturdy in comparison to the PF? I’ve heard some say the Hulk comiquette will be eggshell thin like the
The Hulk Comiquette actually has a fiberglass core, necessary to support the giant mass of the Hulk on his one-footed contact with the base. We realize that many customers value physical weight in their collectibles, but we must balance the desired ‘heavy’ feel against other practical and logistical issues. If the piece is too heavy, it may not support its own weight very well, leading it to sag or lean over time (or worse). We often engineer in a foam core, or a fiberglass core, to reduce weight but maintain structural strength. It’s rare that a piece is truly hollow, and rarely ever very thin structurally. We think you’ll be happy with the mass and bulk of the Hulk Comiquette.

Since you are not changing the Hulk comiquette’s hair, is there any chance for a new, true 1/4 scale modern Hulk to be produced down the line to go with the other 1/4 scale pieces? He is a very popular character, and I would love to see him with longer hair in 1/4 scale version.
Certainly. Our love affair with the not so jolly jade giant will continue, and we definitely have more Hulk planned. Perhaps something even a bit bigger than 1:4…

I am holding out on the Yellow/Blue Wolverine Premium Format simply because it is not my favorite Wolverine costume. Any chance that we will see an Astonishing X-Men Wolverine PF/Comiquette from Sideshow? I like the newer Wolverine costume designs more than the old ones. – AND – Will we see a modern Wolverine Comiquette soon?
Wolverine is a great character, and we have designs banked for at least four distinctly different versions of Logan to come to life in Comiquette and Premium Format. We will take your questions as good incentive to start sculpting on one of those designs sooner rather than later. Thanks, Bub.

................................................................................

looks like maybe a 1:1 Doom, Anti-Venom comi, Noir Spiderman, 1:3 or 1:2 Hulk coming soon???

Forgot one:
Please, please, please offer an alternate head to your new Colossus Comiquette, showing his metallic head without all those lines (similar to your legendary scale bust Colossus)!!! I realize the exclusive comes with his human head, but I’d like the metallic dome we’ve all grown use to.
The Colossus Comiquette was designed with a particular aesthetic in mind. It’s a solid representation of the character, but we realize some fans of the more classic interpretation of Colossus may want to hold out for something a bit more familiar. No matter the costume, the portrait, or the pose, he looks killer in silver!

"It’s a solid representation of the character..."
There is so much wrong with that comment.

Forgot one:
Please, please, please offer an alternate head to your new Colossus Comiquette, showing his metallic head without all those lines (similar to your legendary scale bust Colossus)!!! I realize the exclusive comes with his human head, but I’d like the metallic dome we’ve all grown use to.
The Colossus Comiquette was designed with a particular aesthetic in mind. It’s a solid representation of the character, but we realize some fans of the more classic interpretation of Colossus may want to hold out for something a bit more familiar. No matter the costume, the portrait, or the pose, he looks killer in silver!

"It’s a solid representation of the character..."
There is so much wrong with that comment.

Yeah like the Premium Format! :rock

:pfft:When they say solid representation, they must mean that his head is solid because there is no other meaning of solid that applies in this case.

Any chance to see these Comiquettes soon – Doctor Doom, Galactus, Apocalypse, Iron Patriot… please? Need bad guys! – AND – I love your Marvel comiquettes, but we need some more villains! Any chance of Spidey’s rogues such as Doc Ock, Sandman, Electro, or Hobgoblin? How about some of the newer villains such as my personal fave, the Hood? Any other villains you could tease for us, please?

To the first question… no, we have BIGGER plans for Dr. Doom! Galactus, Apocalypse, and Iron Patriot are all on the short list for initiation in either Comiquette or PF form, and likely in 1:4 scale either way.

Nice Doom, Galactus, Apoc, IP 1:4. I'm sure they know Doom will hardly sell at all at 1/5 with the 1/4 scale pf out.

Since you are not changing the Hulk comiquette’s hair, is there any chance for a new, true 1/4 scale modern Hulk to be produced down the line to go with the other 1/4 scale pieces? He is a very popular character, and I would love to see him with longer hair in 1/4 scale version.
Certainly. Our love affair with the not so jolly jade giant will continue, and we definitely have more Hulk planned. Perhaps something even a bit bigger than 1:4…
Hopefully not a 1:1 bust but a full modern Hulk statue.

Well, there's one thing I'm hoping for after reading all of the answers:

1:1 Doom Bust (with fabric hood just like Maul.) :rock

Anti-Venom, Doom, Iron Patriot, Spider-Man Noir & Hulk?!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My wallet...
:(:monkey2

& thanks for the heads-up Azurepred.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My wallet...

600x800px-LL-DarthVaderNooooo.jpg

Start saving now. :lecture

Well, there's one thing I'm hoping for after reading all of the answers:

1:1 Doom Bust (with fabric hood just like Maul.) :rock

yea, that would be cool. No interest in the character, but im sure it would sell very well with a removeable mask like the LSB

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My wallet...

a Noir Spidey pf would prolly be pretty sick. Im a huge Venom fan, had to pass on the Venomsaurus cause of lack of space, but i would be down for Anti Venom for sure. Everybody hated the idea of cyborg Darth Maul until it came out and blew a lot of ppl away, i imagine AV will have the same impact.

I doubt a 1:1 Hulk would ever happen, and im pretty sure they already said NO to any movie Hulks. They said slightly large than 1/4, so hopefully its a 1:3 WW or PH Hulk.

Iron Patriot has to be a PF with him holding the american flag.
Iron_Patriot.jpg

Apocalypse should be in this pose
Apocalypse.jpg

or this pose
Apocalypse.png

Galactus in this pose ONLY

Galactus.jpg

With a planet in his hand , mini surfer as the EX

Q.Monday said:
Wolverine is a great character, and we have designs banked for at least four distinctly different versions of Logan to come to life in Comiquette and Premium Format. We will take your questions as good incentive to start sculpting on one of those designs sooner rather than later. Thanks, Bub[/B].

................................................................................

looks like maybe a 1:1 Doom, Anti-Venom comi, Noir Spiderman, 1:3 or 1:2 Hulk coming soon???

Hells yeah bring on the wolverines:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

This says to me Doom 1:1. Short list doesn't mean much to me Iron Patriot was on the short list last year....great to hear though that they are looking at 1:4. If Galactus is a 1:4 comiquette, I expect it have smaller pieces like the LSB did to show the size ratio....

We’ll counter your Hood suggestion with an Anti-Venom, a really striking design. Or perhaps one of Spider-Man’s newer looks; does anyone like his Noir design?

Anti-Venom is an unusual selection but depending on execution might look good with Carnage and Venom. I can't wait for the Spider-Man Noir, hopefully its from the first book's look and not the video game...

Since there is already a PF, Comiquette, 1:1, LSB, Dios....One has to think maybe a 1:2 piece?

Wolverine is a great character, and we have designs banked for at least four distinctly different versions of Logan to come to life in Comiquette and Premium Format. We will take your questions as good incentive to start sculpting on one of those designs sooner rather than later. Thanks, Bub.

To me this proves a Brown Wolvie on the way. Astonishing is another....the other two?

Jim Lee PF...is how I read this.

"Galactus, Apocalypse, and Iron Patriot are all on the short list for initiation in either Comiquette or PF form, and likely in 1:4 scale either way."
I am going to take this as a small hope that SS has rethought their 1/5 scale stupidity with Marvel and plan on 1/4 from now on.

I have a question. What is anti-Venom? I have actually never heard of this character, or version of the character?

I have a question. What is anti-Venom? I have actually never heard of this character, or version of the character?

Eddie Brock became Anti-Venom, which was a symbiot with the opposite properties of venom. Instead of killing the host it heals it. Instead of running off of negative emotions it is fueled by positive emotion. It's mostly white with a little black instead of black with a little white. Its the antithasis (spelling) of Venom.

Back