Jango Fett Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There a plenty cool characters from the ot we know nothing about them but love them because of their looks...

Boba, all the bounty hunters... greedo, bib fortuna, cantina aliens... Jabba palace creatures. .. I could keep going and going... so what's the problem having cool designs from the pt and no deep character story behind?

Don't think there is a problem with character designs alone but I think he is trying to say that there needed to be more character development in the right places. Maybe? I could be way off.

char·ac·ter
ˈkerəktər/
noun
the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
"running away was not in keeping with her character"
synonyms: personality, nature, disposition, temperament, temper, mentality, makeup; More
the distinctive nature of something.
"gas lamps give the area its character"
synonyms: personality, nature, disposition, temperament, temper, mentality, makeup; More
the quality of being individual, typically in an interesting or unusual way.
"the island is full of character"
strength and originality in a person's nature.
"she had character as well as beauty"
synonyms: integrity, honor, moral strength, moral fiber, rectitude, uprightness; More
a person's good reputation.
"to what do I owe this attack on my character?"
synonyms: reputation, name, good name, standing, stature, position, status
"a stain on his character"
dated
a written statement of someone's good qualities; a recommendation.
a person in a novel, play, or movie.
synonyms: persona, role, part; dramatis personae
"the characters develop throughout the play"

I just meant it as people. Development is an entirely different issue.

There a plenty cool characters from the ot we know nothing about them but love them because of their looks...

Boba, all the bounty hunters... greedo, bib fortuna, cantina aliens... Jabba palace creatures. .. I could keep going and going... so what's the problem having cool designs from the pt and no deep character story behind?

While the designs for a lot of Jabba's palace creatures and the cantina aliens are interesting and they are cool to look at, they are just background and not really why people love the OT. Do they help? Yeah of course, but they're nowhere near as important as the real characters. I think Boba is a great example. Looking at him (at least from ESB, cause he pretty much got **** on in ROTJ :p) you can describe a lot about him. He's menacing, smart (considering he figured out Solo's gambit of hiding with the garbage,), Ruthless (from Vader's comments directed toward him on the executor, more care for his money then Solo's well being in the carbonite chamber), stoic/poised since he's always standing up *straight* and at attention. A lot of his menacing nature is because of his character design, but also his silence.

Despite the fact that he pretty much has no screen time and says basically nothing I think there's a lot more character to him then most (all :p) of the MAIN characters in the PT.

Haha I feel like a ***** for doing so :lol

Nah :p I do it too sometimes, great way to hammer in a point! Though tbh it makes me think of what I'm saying even more. To me there really isn't that many distinctive or original characteristics about each person in OT :(

But yes in a literal sense they are characters, in the same way that a 5 pages binded together with a cover is a "book". I do like the how it's used in a sentence though.

"the characters develop throughout the play"

What development! :p

Last edited:
I woulda, but PT ruined Jango for me :(

edit: Jaster Mereel woulda been cool though :p

I like cool characters, and bought stuff just for the visual appeal, but just can't get over my dislike for the..that. Whenever I think of..well, that thing, all I can remember is a monotonous characters, walking and talking...walking and talking...sitting and talking...then sitting some more, talking.....then talking and start walking....and talking..and....zzz...Z.z..ZZZ...Z...ZZZZZZ

I think the older generation finds too much character development in the OT and forgives all the shortcomings in the name of nostalgia. Han probably had the most character developement and he went from badass to lame from the course of ANH-ROTJ.

I think Han was still sufficiently badass in ESB, sure he got captured in the end (don't mess with the fett!) it was certainly a damn good run. I'm not really sure how it's actually possible but I think every single character got lamer in ROTJ. Really at least some should rise on the others carcasses but nope... And on the opposite end pretty much everyone got more badass in ESB, or was introduced and was a badass for the duration :p Even Luke had some balls when he dropped down. ESB: Miracle Worker.

edit: my bad, chewie was a boss throughout ROTJ.

Last edited:
Cant we just buy stuff because it looks cool? At the end if the day that's all it's about.

Totally agree with you there, I'd never played any of the computer games but had heard about The Old Republic game & seen Darth Malgus turn up in pictures on facebook fairly regularly, I thought he looked pretty cool but didn't know much about him..., that didn't stop me preordering the exclusive premium format statue when I saw it, it spoke to me a lot & I was very impressed..., it remains my number 1 favourite collectible that I own to date & I've not seen anything that might be as good as it or better yet. :)

Totally agree with you there, I'd never played any of the computer games but had heard about The Old Republic game & seen Darth Malgus turn up in pictures on facebook fairly regularly, I thought he looked pretty cool but didn't know much about him..., that didn't stop me preordering the exclusive premium format statue when I saw it, it spoke to me a lot & I was very impressed..., it remains my number 1 favourite collectible that I own to date & I've not seen anything that might be as good as it or better yet. :)

I've done the same, but it's different when you know something an actively dislike it >< I'm sure some people who know nothing of Star Wars think JarJar looks like a cool a design, but others who are familiar with the character probably wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot poll >< That's an extreme example sure but hopefully you can get what I'm saying. Jango wasn't really that horrible in the PT. Though one of the menacing and "cool" things about Fett was his facelessness. To me it was like Stallone Dredd and the fetish with taking his helmet off. It also broke a lot of the mystery "atmosphere" around Boba. I didn't WANT to see him a a child >< And he hired someone else to kill Amidala, and stealthily to boot!

ALSO WHAT MANDALORE DOESN'T USE REAL MANDALORIAN ARMOR.

I've done the same, but it's different when you know something an actively dislike it >< I'm sure some people who know nothing of Star Wars think JarJar looks like a cool a design, but others who are familiar with the character probably wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot poll >< That's an extreme example sure but hopefully you can get what I'm saying. Jango wasn't really that horrible in the PT. Though one of the menacing and "cool" things about Fett was his facelessness. To me it was like Stallone Dredd and the fetish with taking his helmet off. It also broke a lot of the mystery "atmosphere" around Boba. I didn't WANT to see him a a child >< And he hired someone else to kill Amidala, and stealthily to boot!

ALSO WHAT MANDALORE DOESN'T USE REAL MANDALORIAN ARMOR.

I'm totally with you there, I religiously bought 2000AD every week without fail as a boy & teenager, I bought the Judge Dredd magazine too..., I was only interested in Judge Dredd, awesome character!!! When Stallone did Dredd I was hopeful for a few minutes into the film, the part where he busts a guy for saving his own ass & telling him he had the legal option of jumping to his death, totally Dredd..., after that it all went down hill & I disliked it that much I even stopped buying the comics (they'd totally ruined the character for me)..., roll on the new Dredd movie & OMG!!! Nailed it, loved it, want a sequel & motivated me to buy the comics again. :)

Sorry, not Star Wars I know but I got what you were saying..., although I appreciated more of the story, the pretrilogy has nothing on the original trilogy, ESB is my favourite movie ever & I can't see that any of the new movies will compete with 70s/80s Star Wars (even with the original cast in them). For me Qui Gon was the best thing pretrilogy wise, other characters were good but still others were disappointing, Maul's demise was underwhelming at best, Dooku was far too easily killed & then there's Anakin, one of the worst actors in the whole trilogy, thank god he only got episodes II & III, totally ruined both movies & until they did the Clone Wars series, my most hated character..., loved him in the animated series of course but it helped it was someone else voicing the role (I think)..., ok I'm going to shut up now as I could rant all day. lol ;)

I'm totally with you there, I religiously bought 2000AD every week without fail as a boy & teenager, I bought the Judge Dredd magazine too..., I was only interested in Judge Dredd, awesome character!!! When Stallone did Dredd I was hopeful for a few minutes into the film, the part where he busts a guy for saving his own ass & telling him he had the legal option of jumping to his death, totally Dredd..., after that it all went down hill & I disliked it that much I even stopped buying the comics (they'd totally ruined the character for me)..., roll on the new Dredd movie & OMG!!! Nailed it, loved it, want a sequel & motivated me to buy the comics again. :)

Sorry, not Star Wars I know but I got what you were saying..., although I appreciated more of the story, the pretrilogy has nothing on the original trilogy, ESB is my favourite movie ever & I can't see that any of the new movies will compete with 70s/80s Star Wars (even with the original cast in them). For me Qui Gon was the best thing pretrilogy wise, other characters were good but still others were disappointing, Maul's demise was underwhelming at best, Dooku was far too easily killed & then there's Anakin, one of the worst actors in the whole trilogy, thank god he only got episodes II & III, totally ruined both movies & until they did the Clone Wars series, my most hated character..., loved him in the animated series of course but it helped it was someone else voicing the role (I think)..., ok I'm going to shut up now as I could rant all day. lol ;)
everything you just listed is why I haven't watched the pretrilogy in years lol

Hope Hans a pissed off old man in the new SW. :rotfl

I hope we will see the legendary Harrison Ford finger.

1010243_10151656101794588_655162624_n.jpg

Jango certainly saw a lot more character development than Boba Fett who was a minor character at best! This PF looks awesome! Anything featuring the jetpack would be awesome. A buddy of mine showed me how to enjoy watching Attach of the Clones... basically just forward the movie to all of the Jango fights and he's right, it's a LOT better that way.

Jango certainly saw a lot more character development than Boba Fett who was a minor character at best! This PF looks awesome! Anything featuring the jetpack would be awesome. A buddy of mine showed me how to enjoy watching Attach of the Clones... basically just forward the movie to all of the Jango fights and he's right, it's a LOT better that way.

:lol

I always just forward to any fighting scenes for all the films :lol

I was sjust thinking if they will add the burst of flames for his jetpack...hmmm.

Back