James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree very much with Dusty's earlier comment/concern regarding the "preachy" elements of this film. I fully expect to have the US (or fill in the blank) villainized for our involvement in affairs around the world, i.e. oil/etc. Hopefully such a thinly veiled story won't detract from what I can only imagine will be a total visual feast.

... great, now I cued Mesa didn't I? :confused: :horror :angelsmil

Re: I saw AVATAR in 3D!

James Cameron is a genius!

A masterpiece! Extraordinary!

Go see this is a breathtaking experience, a new saga is born just a rebirth of cinema sicences fiction!

:banana :banana

Thank you James Cameron for this dream!

Awesome, this word is not strong enough to qualify this movie :banana

Since Star Wars and Lord of the Ring I've seen anything as powerful :google

The movie just passed a new visual dimension
After the transition from black and white to color, a new stage just been reached with AVATAR!

History is simply like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, but the narrative power of Cameron coupled to the image makes this film a work absolutely unique in its universe and the emotion emerges!

Do you ask more questions, go live this dream awake on Pandora, believe me when the credits appear, we just want it to plunge into this world amazing!

I just saw the movie in 3D and I couldn't agree more! I don't have a way to put it any better so I just quoted you!!!

My impression :

I am french, I saw the film in preview last night, and James Cameron is a genius!

A masterpiece! Extraordinary!

Awesome, this word is not strong enough to qualify this movie

Since Star Wars and Lord of the Ring I've seen anything as powerful
The movie just passed a new visual dimension
After the transition from black and white to color, a new stage just been reached with AVATAR!

History is simply like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, but the narrative power of Cameron coupled to the image makes this film a work absolutely unique in its universe and the emotion emerges!

Do you ask more questions, go live this dream awake on Pandora, believe me when the credits appear, we just want it to plunge into this world amazing!

Go see this is a breathtaking experience, a new saga is born just a rebirth of cinema sicences fiction!

:banana :banana

your words just pumped me even more !!!

This movie will be "THE" epic Modern Movie of our time.
going tomorrow for midnite show !

I CANT ????ING WAIT !

Matrix wasn't actually that ground-breaking--Gap had been doing commercials with the same effect (same method) before The Matrix was made. Still a good movie though.

I wonder if they'll have a 3D version on home video, since a lot of electronics companies are making 3D capable TV's now.

Anyways, got IMAX 3D tickets for this tomorrow night at midnight, really excited.

the bullet time fx used in matrix is the more evolved version of the one used in the gap ad. they're not the same thing. in gap, the camera rotated but the object did not move at all. it froze in time. neo was still moving while the camera rotated around him.

a 3D version of avatar for your home viewing? that's crazy talk. :rolleyes:

:D

It's. A. Movie.

I suggest some of you learn to live with the fact that other people might like things that you hate, and might hate things that you like... and move on.

There's a life out there... and it seems several of you could do with getting one :lol

it's. a. TOY.

yet some people spend long hours getting busy with them. :D

it's called a passion, yes? that's why we bother wasting time on anything others deem stupid.

Just got home from watching AVATAR...
This movie is AWESOME!!!!! I loved it.
Definately watch this in 3D and if you are waiting to see
this on dvd/blu ray you are kidding yourself.
I'll give this movie a solid 9 of 10.
Avatar imo had only one disapointing bit and that was the tune
that rolled with the credits, lame.....:D

I sincerely hope it's not just the 3D that wows. I'm watching the normal version tomorrow.

Just got home from watching AVATAR...
This movie is AWESOME!!!!! I loved it.
Definately watch this in 3D and if you are waiting to see
this on dvd/blu ray you are kidding yourself.

Especially on DVD!!! LOL!!!! :chew HA HA HA

Dude, this is James Cameron we talking about. The man who gave us Terminator 1 and 2, Aliens (one of the best action/sequal movie ever), Pirahna 2 ( I remember when this was out in the theaters. Good movie for its budget and time),Titanic. This is a project he been working for YEARS. I cant believe some people said Avatar is going to suck. This is not Uwe Boll, this is the King of the World James Cameron.

I find it funny how, when it first came out or people saw the first trailer, many people said the blue aliens sucked, didn't look real, the CGI was not good etc lol
Now, all you hear is how it's the most visually stunning stuff ever to be put on a film with one of the most immersive worlds ever created lol
So since that element kicks all kind of ass, there is nothing left to do but pick apart the story or acting etc lol

But come on, did Star Wars have some amazing original story with amazing acting? Or was it just a western in space?

No 3D is just the cherry on cake
But what you feel when watching this movie don't need 3D ;)

I cant wait to see the amazing CGI but I am still reminiscent of the Original Star Wars because of the props used. A muppet may look silly if not done right but that yoda puppet is still to this day much more real to me than any CGI. Or even E.T.- Just a bit nostalgic with that kinda thing. Its a shame thats almost a thing of the past. Lucas tried to throw in some muppets in the new films but they failed imo.

Apparently IMAX presales for AVATAR have already far exceeded that of TDK and overseas where AVATAR is already showing, many theaters are staying open 24 hours to fulfill demand. So the longer running time might not cripple its opening box office like Titanic. Titanic had to have legs and continue to have strong box office weekends. I have a feeling AVATAR will command many repeat viewings.

Back