JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom JAMES BOND THREAD

Mmm, I'd more see Fassbender as a villain. I still think Aidan Turner would be a cracking Bond.

Yeah Turner would be good but maybe a little 'too pretty' in ms Broccoli's eyes. For me Fassbender would be perfect...but if the rumors are true it looks like Craig will be around for a long while yet..

Craig has one left in him. And if it's directed by Nolan it could be his best yet.

Craig at 49 is the same age as Moore when he was filming The Spy Who Loved Me, so I agree that he is not too old to do more, at least one more.

Craig has one left in him.

I think they kept saying that about Moore right after SWLM... and he ended up doing 4 more movies.

I get nervous when people start saying 'he has one more in him'. They say that about Ford as Indy now. :lol

Personally, I say give Craig the boot he wants, and find a new guy.

Yeah Turner would be good but maybe a little 'too pretty' in ms Broccoli's eyes. For me Fassbender would be perfect...but if the rumors are true it looks like Craig will be around for a long while yet..

It's time Babs gave it to someone else, she'll never recapture what Daddy Dearest did, it's time Bond started completely afresh.

Dench in the role was definitely strange from a continuity perspective. The same actor playing a different iteration of the same character.

Dench in the role was definitely strange from a continuity perspective. The same actor playing a different iteration of the same character.

Perhaps, but to some extent you have the same issue with M and Q. Bernad Lee was M for Connery, Lazenby and Moore, and Robert Brown played M with Moore & Dalton. Similarly Desmond Llewellyn played Q across Connery, Moore, Dalton & Brosnan. But I will admit none of those were "hard reboots" like the Daniel Craig era, so Dench is unique in that aspect as you say.

And in unrelated news, hopefully I'll finish my Bond cabinet this weekend. An IKEA Billy totally desone dicated to Bond. I have two more "risers" to add and then its "photo ready". As with all my one sixth stuff its always a work in progress but with the arrival of white dinner jacket craig its probably not changing much till the Big Chief figures ship and I swap out my custom Oddjob and Goldfinger Bonds.

Perhaps, but to some extent you have the same issue with M and Q. Bernad Lee was M for Connery, Lazenby and Moore, and Robert Brown played M with Moore & Dalton. Similarly Desmond Llewellyn played Q across Connery, Moore, Dalton & Brosnan. But I will admit none of those were "hard reboots" like the Daniel Craig era, so Dench is unique in that aspect as you say.

Well, if you take M as a title (which Goldeneye seems to indicate it is, since M talks about taking over from her male predecessor), then Robert Brown isn't really that strange; Assume Bernard Lee's M retires. Brown played Admiral Hargreaves in The Spy Who Loved Me, then shows up as M in Octopussy. No reason he couldn't have gotten a promotion/reassignment between those two films. In fact, it's almost continuity.

The oddest continuity issue for me (pre-reboot, that is) was Maud Adams playing both Andrea Anders in The Man With the Golden Gun and then Octopussy. There's no way you can explain it; Scaramanga kills Anders. There's no way around it. She can't be the same person, and if she was, wouldn't Moore have recognized her? Hell, he slept with both of them.

Of course, the biggest continuity problem of all is that you have a field agent that's been on active duty...for 40 years (from Dr. No thru Die Another Day).

Some people have theorized that Dench's M is the same person, and that it gives credence to the idea that Bond is a code name taken up by different agents. But there's so much else, even in recent movies, that prove otherwise; For example, what are the odds that Dench would have both an assistant AND an agent named Moneypenny? Or TWO Chief of Staffs both named Tanner? Of course, there's older examples too, like Moore's For Your Eyes Only pre-credits sequence where he mourns at Tracey's grave, then kills Blofeld, or Diamonds Are Forever, for that matter, where Connery is seeking revenge against Blofeld for killing Lazenby's Tracey.

Some people have theorized that Dench's M is the same person, and that it gives credence to the idea that Bond is a code name taken up by different agents. But there's so much else, even in recent movies, that prove otherwise; For example, what are the odds that Dench would have both an assistant AND an agent named Moneypenny? Or TWO Chief of Staffs both named Tanner? Of course, there's older examples too, like Moore's For Your Eyes Only pre-credits sequence where he mourns at Tracey's grave, then kills Blofeld, or Diamonds Are Forever, for that matter, where Connery is seeking revenge against Blofeld for killing Lazenby's Tracey.

James Bond: I always thought M was a randomly assigned initial, I had no idea it stood for...

M: Utter one more syllable and I'll have you killed.

Well, if you take M as a title (which Goldeneye seems to indicate it is, since M talks about taking over from her male predecessor), then Robert Brown isn't really that strange; Assume Bernard Lee's M retires. Brown played Admiral Hargreaves in The Spy Who Loved Me, then shows up as M in Octopussy. No reason he couldn't have gotten a promotion/reassignment between those two films. In fact, it's almost continuity.

The oddest continuity issue for me (pre-reboot, that is) was Maud Adams playing both Andrea Anders in The Man With the Golden Gun and then Octopussy. There's no way you can explain it; Scaramanga kills Anders. There's no way around it. She can't be the same person, and if she was, wouldn't Moore have recognized her? Hell, he slept with both of them.

Of course, the biggest continuity problem of all is that you have a field agent that's been on active duty...for 40 years (from Dr. No thru Die Another Day).

Or the fact that in You Only Live Twice, Bond is getting info from an "MI6 agent" in Japan that get killed...and then...the same actor reapear as Blofeld in Dimonds are Forever....the same goes for the hire hitman at the begining of The Man With The Golden Gun...which was also one of the "Slumber funeral home" goons excorting Bond from the airport in Dimonds are Forever.

Or the fact that in You Only Live Twice, Bond is getting info from an "MI6 agent" in Japan that get killed...and then...the same actor reapear as Blofeld in Dimonds are Forever....the same goes for the hire hitman at the begining of The Man With The Golden Gun...which was also one of the "Slumber funeral home" goons excorting Bond from the airport in Dimonds are Forever.

There's tons of those repeat actors throughout Bond. Here's some real random ones:

Also the American Space Announcer in YOLT is the same man as the Submarine Captain that partners with Bond in TSWLM.

Also Mr. Ling in Goldfinger got a job as Blofeld's Volcano announcer in YOLT.... also moonlights as Kato for Clouseau. :D

You are right, there seem to be be part of a studio production pool of actors and extras. Another thing I love about the Bond movies...Connery era in particular...is seeing the same props over and over...like the spyhole clock in Goldfinger plane and then the same one in Thunderball clinic scene, the same with furniture and sets parts...they where very inventive indeed. Think thats why there the scene in the last Brosnan Bond film where he visit the "underground" MI6 instalations and "Q" storage area...and ask..."here where they keep all the relics" of past Bond gadgets.

But for me the most memorable double role in different parts in a movie....and sorry...is not Bond related....but another action icon of the era, Dirty Harry...the first one...bank robber in the ground...and Clint asking his famous question with the 44 Mag....and the same actor playing his detective friend and who once more got in front on Dirty Harry gun...this time an Auto-Mag 44 ..but in a friendly manner in the movie Sudden Impact.

You are right, there seem to be be part of a studio production pool of actors and extras. Another thing I love about the Bond movies...Connery era in particular...is seeing the same props over and over...like the spyhole clock in Goldfinger plane and then the same one in Thunderball clinic scene, the same with furniture and sets parts...they where very inventive indeed. Think thats why there the scene in the last Brosnan Bond film where he visit the "underground" MI6 instalations and "Q" storage area...and ask..."here where they keep all the relics" of past Bond gadgets.

VERY common practice in the 60s. I bet with the quick turnaround on those Connery films (they came out, what, like once a year?!) they had no choice.

I'm a Trekkie myself, and it's hilarious how many items were recycled on the old 60's show. Everything from costumes, to props, to big portions of sets. Production designers really had to think things thru in those days! And the actors as well - there's one redshirt guy in that show that died like 10 times or something like that, lol. And a lot of carryover, both props and actors, between that show and Mission: Impossible, since they were made on the same lot by the same studio (Desilu). If I recall correctly, Kirk's chair started life in the main apartment set in Mission: Impossible in season 1.

Current Craig sculpt I'm working on,pretty happy he's back for one more outing
f27631c6be5d2a3e14cb6ca9e5b48173.jpg
a644f354f19ab406cfa46d0514d675d1.jpg
7be8ae4971bba92d0b634a7ae537dcc3.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Back