JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom JAMES BOND THREAD

Flickr. 1TB of image hosting. FREE. All the time. Full resolution. There's no other image hosting site that comes close IMO. Photobucket has always sucked, I'm not sure why anyone would bother using it now.

They're an option, I'll see how I go with Imgur for now.

Wow, that's annoying about Photobucket, guys. I use Flickr, which is/was (?) Yahoo owned and I wouldn't be surprised if my account goes kaput because of the Yahoo and Verizon ownership changes.

I pretty much gave up on Botophooket in 2013 and haven't uploaded much in the last four years... its funny to see all my pics from the early days on Freaks. And my old apartment kitchen from 2006.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg20170630_180347.jpg20170630_180353.jpg

My repaint of the SS Roger Moore, probably to make the TSWL Navy battledress or TLALD in the black turtleneck and Mag 44...using spare clothing I already have. Think the sculpt is very nice and was improved a little with the new paint, still some fine tunning and detail painting to do..but almost there. Updated with new pictures and a little more work on the HS. The bottom pictures are the old ones, before final blending and better light to take the pictures, top ones are of the almost finished work.

Now...,I HAVE TO find myself a "Q" head from SideShow...REALLY do not want the full figure because the thick clothing which I would replace anyway....want him in the middle of all the James Bonds!!!

Attachments

• 20170701_164427-1.jpg
    20170701_164427-1.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 20170701_164339.jpg
    20170701_164339.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 20170701_164421-1.jpg
    20170701_164421-1.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Nice repaint.

I desperately need a new head for my TSWLM set...

Bond + Stromberg 1.jpg

I got one not long before BCS announced they had the license and consequently never had it painted. Really can't wait for BCS to upgrade these for me. They were OK 4 or so years ago.

Yes I to am looking forward to the new Roger Moore and expecting the arrival of Connery and Goldfinger edition. Until then SS Roger Moore will have to do.

Is your Navy battledress on your Moore figure is a regular british army one dyed black and detail? Looks very nice!!! I was planning to convert a WW2 german DAK tunic, cut/fit and tailor then paint black, with that type of M40 tunic, I get about 80% of the pattern needed for the cut and conversion since DID or similar british battledress are difficult to find and/or expensive...an then the pleats have to be added to the pockets....the same goes for the Dragon Uboat captain short battledress type(well they actualy copy the british pattern)...not easy to find loose or at a good price.

Hope BCS nail Rogers likeness. I would be up for either a L&LD or TSWLM version. Who knows we might get a Jaws if the latter is made.

Is your Navy battledress on your Moore figure is a regular british army one dyed black and detail? Looks very nice!!!

Thank you, yes it is.

I forget now which figure it came from as I bought it loose. Pretty sure it was from a Dragon/BBI figure so its a little large -- I still need to tightened it up. I changed the gold buttons to be correct and built the epaulets. It took forever to dye, and it still fades a bit over time -- its looking quite dull now (like a dark charcoal gray rather than black). If I decide to tailor it, I'll be giving it another dye bath.

I might suggest the DiD Patton jacket. I have no idea if the material will take dye or not, but his jacket looks to be a good match otherwise and nicely tailored. I was planning to get one myself but never got around to it before they disappeared. Now, with BCS, I've given up on hunting for better parts as I fully expect this version to be presented.

Wor-Gar,

THANK you for the info, greatly appreciated...and you have given me another option for the battledress...apart from the Patton one..I could try to find the US Army regulation "IKE jacket" version of the clothing set made for Captain America/Rogers figure...is almost the same pattern...forgot about that one..and it looks like it will be a very tight fit. I know about fadding...with black or Grey...I have found that doing the hot boiling water dye prossess helps a little in keeping longer the dye/tint work...but... sometimes...and depending on the cloth...will be as you said...fading gradualy.

Can't wait for the new Roger Moore, if they nail it as they did with Connery in HS and suit tailor fit...it will be a magnificent addition...the amount of versions that could be done with R. Moore HS...not only 007...but others of his movie roles will be priceless, now...if only I won the Lotto...could buy that Aston Martin DB5 "with modifications" in 1/6 scale...done from the molds used to do the miniature for the Skyfall movie "attack" secuence and blowout of the car...15k...for one of the 3 models around..mmmm....wife will kill me!!

Wor-Gar,

THANK you for the info, greatly appreciated...and you have given me another option for the battledress...apart from the Patton one..I could try to find the US Army regulation "IKE jacket" version of the clothing set made for Captain America/Rogers figure...is almost the same pattern...forgot about that one..and it looks like it will be a very tight fit. I know about fadding...with black or Grey...I have found that doing the hot boiling water dye prossess helps a little in keeping longer the dye/tint work...but... sometimes...and depending on the cloth...will be as you said...fading gradualy.

You got me curious so I went back into my files and discovered... my final jacket was in fact the Patton jacket! :lol

I totally forgot that I did that upgrade. It was all around the same time I guess I got mixed up between jackets. So the Patton jacket is still a little on the large size AND doesn't hold the dye so well over time.

I also meant to mention the Cap jacket, which is essentially the same as the Patton one. Perhaps tighter. I'd love to know if that holds dye better. I was thinking about trying that one (not the Patton) when the whole BCS thing happened. That's where I got confused.

Yeah, there's some 1/6th DB5 model kit that came in parts from a magazine subscription I'd like to get. They're quite expensive too if you can find one.

I think the Bond Aston you mention is actually 1/8. Some of those early SSC heads weren't half bad, you can get a surprise when you strip off the factory paint. The Universal ones were stellar. Craig is the only Bond I'll need. I'm upgrading his shirt with one from the Black Box figure, I'm hoping it doesn't come with micro poppers, I can undo them, but, I can never seem to do them up again!

I keep all my pics on my external hard drive, so switching image hosts isn't that big a deal for me. If one goes **** up I can just go on to the next without really losing anything.

Actualy apart from the 1/8 metal model kit made in monthly instalements...and in which some times the paint did not macht among panels...I was talking about this one, the one made in industrial 3D printing for the movie Skyfall...but my mistake...it was not 1/6...it is 1/3...as you can see the detail is simply amazing...as is the price tag when they where sold. One of these models was used to film the destruction of the car in the climax of the movie.
6fd8975ece5f8ac7c485bfc41578f5ac--aston-martin-db-skyfall.jpg4293e44bb40fdc9e915ac84e6f7acc58_0e04a1d9-71aa-45c4-ae20-7ba2935a5fce.jpeg121113-aston-martin-db5-3d-model-2.jpgAston-Martin-DB5-Jammes-Bond-scalemodel-gold-2.jpgAston-Martin-DB5-one-third-scale-model-6.jpg

Authentic BBKill Skyfall sculpt available. PM me for details or check out the sales section.

kuato79.jpg

Back