JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

wow! amazing what a difference there is! in hand it didn't seem like it but now with the side by side I can definitely tell. Now, what to do with my squished Craig head :(

Practice painting with it?

eh I've painted 2 different Craig's already, think I've got him down (for my own skills at least :lol) so not sure if I'd want to purchase another, specially one that I already own. I've also ordered the "Guess Me" figure and I like that sculpt (i know it's a recast of the Eleven head) so idk, I'll decide eventually.

Im not remolding the moore and Sean, but I will resculpt a Moore 2.0 with smile later in the year.

Just to clarify, it's the material (resin) used that caused the squeezed product, not the mold created from the print (which is fine), right?

It's probably the mould (but I'm guessing). Rocco switched to a different mould-maker/caster so everything is new apart from the original 3D print on these guys.

Last edited:

When the original mold maker was pouring the resin, he used a tight rubber band around the mold, to avoid a seam line, however if you are using soft silicone rubber, or its to thin, that will squish the inside cavity, so when you pour resin, it fills the squished cavity. Also, resin gets hot, if you are pouring one after the other the resin actually starts to shrink due to the heat and gas forming in the mold. Ive learned a lot over this debacle from the resin manufacturer LOL

I had all of those issues when I started casting (10 years ago now) and there is definitely a learning curve when it comes to the skill. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.
When the original mold maker was pouring the resin, he used a tight rubber band around the mold, to avoid a seam line, however if you are using soft silicone rubber, or its to thin, that will squish the inside cavity, so when you pour resin, it fills the squished cavity. Also, resin gets hot, if you are pouring one after the other the resin actually starts to shrink due to the heat and gas forming in the mold. Ive learned a lot over this debacle from the resin manufacturer LOL

Back