JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Hey fellow Bond fans! Is anyone planning to get the Magic Cube Austrian outfit? If so, what body/head combination are you planning to use? Since I'm one to pose once and leave it alone forever, I'm looking for a cheap body though it's a Craig head I'll need to worry about getting the most. Thanks, everyone!

I jumped onto the Bond train and bought the eleven DC head sculpt and have the Vortoys Secret Agent suit on PO. I was able to get a Walther P99 and a rifle similar to the one used at the end of CR from BlackOpsToys as well.

I just had to start putting one of these together because of all the pics in this thread.

I jumped onto the Bond train and bought the eleven DC head sculpt and have the Vortoys Secret Agent suit on PO. I was able to get a Walther P99 and a rifle similar to the one used at the end of CR from BlackOpsToys as well.

I just had to start putting one of these together because of all the pics in this thread.

Yeah, the customs on this thread are really inspiring. It seems like the best Craig Bond you can ever get is one you put together yourself and even these cool sets that are coming out don't nicely cover everything (combination of perfect head, perfect body, perfectly fitting clothing, accessories, correct weapons, etc.)

I'm more into resin garage kits these days than I am figures. I have a Juniper Connery Bond coming this week, nobody's paint up that I've seen does this justice, but, I really like the sculpt. I'll post pics of the kit as and when I get it and of course I'll post it when I'm done. Connery has been a favourite of mine just as much as Craig, so, if I pull off a good job on him, who knows, that could be me done with Bond.

Which version of the kit are you getting? The cold cast one or the resin one? IMO the resin one is the easiest to deal with, but there's a lot of prep involved. Here's mine. Needless to say that I got to a point that 'enough is enough' on the build.

26050231472_17b1c0f5c1_b.jpg

25540076123_aa7c0034da_b.jpg

It comes in an illustrated box and may be the resin one. I know that Juniper also did them with black boxes with one pic on the box. I don't know which denoted which kit. I guess I'll find out. Nice job on yours by the way, you brought out the Connery likeness really well there. I may opt for a black jacket as white is hard to get right when you're brush painting. Connery did wear a black version of that jacket.

Jeff that Bond setup is just incredible....I just kicked my detolf over. My Bond shelf dumped right on the floor, glass shattered all over the floor, mixed with my tears.

You don't want them now man. The resin heads shattered into a million pieces once they hit the floor. Humpty Dumpty level destruction over here...

Noooooo! I hope you're joking

BBKill Bond trio. Thank you again Jake. Paint app on Brosnan is just perfect.

View attachment 255444

I love the shots of the all star trio :clap

It comes in an illustrated box and may be the resin one. I know that Juniper also did them with black boxes with one pic on the box. I don't know which denoted which kit. I guess I'll find out. Nice job on yours by the way, you brought out the Connery likeness really well there. I may opt for a black jacket as white is hard to get right when you're brush painting. Connery did wear a black version of that jacket.

Thanks, the yellow box kit is the resin one.

Which version of the kit are you getting? The cold cast one or the resin one? IMO the resin one is the easiest to deal with, but there's a lot of prep involved. Here's mine. Needless to say that I got to a point that 'enough is enough' on the build.

26050231472_17b1c0f5c1_b.jpg

25540076123_aa7c0034da_b.jpg

That bbkill head sure looks great with the white tuxedo. Now I wish I had that on my figure :lol

BBkill head on the Juniper figure. Here's the Brosnan head on the same figure.

Ohhh, that's the BBKill head! I thought it looked a little different. I got my kit earlier this evening. It's a late run kit and the head and main body are cold cast and the rest is resin. It also comes with a glossy instruction sheet/promo leaflet and an optional tie, which earlier ones didn't come with. I'm tempted to paint the suit silver grey, I know it's not quite the right style, but, it'll still scream Bond and look way cool. I'll shoot some pics when I get chance to.

Here's some pics of the head from my Juniper kit, I really like it.

(Well I'll be, I didn't notice till I saw those close-up's that the head has sculpted irises.)

Paint will also play a part in bringing out a likeness, Rahmier's paint ups of Connery are all dead on.

Didn't have a chance to take a pic, but I painted up the revised (unsquished) Dalton head from Rocco. Man, it blows the old one out of the water. So happy to have it!

Back