JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

BBkills Craig is a really good likeness , I hopes it get put on sale I,d want that sculpt , for my Bond .

I don't mind my painting skills on toys. But when it comes to high end collectibles where the hobby is going into another realm of realism never once thought possible 5-10 years ago, I wouldn't want to waste BBKill's awesome sculpt on a subpar paint job. I am going to splurge on some new model paints to work on some tabletop miniatures. I'm going to also work on some 4"-6" action figures. None of these things translates to a 1/6 portrait though. So finding a painter is likely my only option.

We don't even know if/when BBKill's sculpt will be released. Maybe the printout will suck? :dunno

With a little one around BBKill is likely to need all the financial help he can get, plus he knows from the last one that Bond is a surefire seller.

On the subject of painting, in the time between now and whenever the DID figure comes out, I plan to work on some non 1/6 stuff too. I'm planning a little tribute to Ray Harryhausen with a diorama based on his movie 20,000,000 Miles to Earth. I can get all the components I need, including the Ymir creature, it's a case of sizing everything so it all works. Luckily it's all to 1/35 so it shouldn't take up a massive amount of space.

I'm going to have a ball putting that lot together....

just finished putting together my thunderball 007. the suit is iminime with the shirt dyed light blue (though in the pics it looks more gray then blue), shoes and gun are sideshow, and the head sculpt is a modded sideshow dr. no bond.

just finished putting together my thunderball 007. the suit is iminime with the shirt dyed light blue (though in the pics it looks more gray then blue), shoes and gun are sideshow, and the head sculpt is a modded sideshow dr. no bond.

That is all kinds of awesome! Great work. I am rather envious.

Sweet!

Is that an SSC sculpt?

modded ssc dr. no bond, i resculpted the hair and some of the face and sized the head down some, the original ssc was a little too big.

Love that sculpt conversion! And the cigarette is a great touch.

Too bad you didn't cast off that sculpt before you painted it.

i made a mold off it before i painted it, i always do on my mods so the modded areas don't get damaged over time.

He looks awesome! You did a great job on him... the mods are very nicely done, too.

I wish I could find a YOLT Connery like this....

You_Only_Live_Twice_stills_11306.jpg

And to be a bit less cryptic, that head is not available for sale. It is a private commission and being offered to only one member. It does look very good for a WIP and I have confidence it'll look great once finished. But again, it is not available so no need to wish we could own it. Waiting for an update from BBKill.

not the over sized

That remains to be seen. ;) The same sculptor has claimed the previous version wasn't oversized either, going as far as to say Hot Toys heads are under-sized. Ok then.

I'll keep repeating it until I die, you can't judge a sculpt from a couple of photos. Especially when the sculpt isn't even finished yet. And in this case we may never even see it finished at all.

Back