JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Here's my ZCWO Bond.. My first Bond figure.

It's OK, I think is an acceptable set for the price. The paint job could be better IMO.

bond1a.jpg

bond2p.jpg

Here's my ZCWO Bond.. My first Bond figure.

It's OK, I think is an acceptable set for the price. The paint job could be better IMO.

bond1a.jpg

bond2p.jpg

Not bad. Not bad a'tall. Get that guy a Walther PPK or P99, and he will be a rockin' Bond. :rock

Andy B, Roadshow, BBkill, and whatever that last one on Ebay was from a few weeks back. This spectrum is all over the place, except for dead center!

Yep, it looks like all hopes could rest with the new BBKill sculpt, though things have gone quiet there. At least with him there's something to see in order to generate interest, unlike the Iminime one.

If I feel I can do a worthy enough paint job then I may get BBKill's, if not then I'll wait and get the DID head. It's getting to the point where waiting for undelivered perfection isn't going to cut it. I said nearly a year ago that I'd get out of 1/6 when Bond and Indy were done, and I'm still not there yet!

I contacted a painter here for the rates of commissions. Yikes!!! I can't afford that anytime soon. I barely scrounged up the funds to afford the BBKill head if and when it is released....

Anyone know of the members here that take on painting commissions? I swore myself off of the customs section so am out of touch. I've still got a Maximus unpainted and unassembled. Oh well, I'd rather have pieces sitting away in a closet to display one day that will be perfect than settle for cheaper alternatives to put up right away. That's just me though.

I contacted a painter here for the rates of commissions. Yikes!!! I can't afford that anytime soon. I barely scrounged up the funds to afford the BBKill head if and when it is released....

Anyone know of the members here that take on painting commissions? I swore myself off of the customs section so am out of touch. I've still got a Maximus unpainted and unassembled. Oh well, I'd rather have pieces sitting away in a closet to display one day that will be perfect than settle for cheaper alternatives to put up right away. That's just me though.

Yeah bud definitely a sting in terms of pricing in the custom world... Most custom paint jobs will go for at least a hundred each! Pricey, I know but given how much time it takes to do them well you could probably make double at McDonalds if you break it down hourly.

I think there's a few guys that dabble in the craft and would charge a little less, but it will be of novice skill. If I was Nathan or Josh I wouldn't charge a penny less.. it's also why I only paint for myself. It saves me money but I couldn't justify spending two or three nights a week of my free time for only a hundred dollars profit unfortunately, cause that's how long it takes me.

It's why I might get into sculpting instead if i can pull off anything halfway decent... a lot easier to make copies off of one work!

It's why I've always thought the custom iminime heads are a great deal, 100 or so fora cast and custom paint job can't be beat!

Let's just say I would have been very happy with a quote of $100.... Haha. I am not saying it's an unfair price. I just don't know if I could justify paying more than that for a paint job on a head. With the price of the sculpt and the paint, this would cost well over $200 and then I'd still need to procure the body, suit, and accessories.

ZCWO one is looking more and more enticing to me.... If I can just get the BBKill head, I'll be happy. It can always wait to be painted. But if I pass on the sculpt, we know how hard it is to find another one worth owning!

Yeah man I hear you... You might want to sit on it a bit to see what the best options are once all these upcoming sculpts and suits are released, with so much coming out you might be able to put something together quality for a decent price... I'm sure you'll have a lot of time to make that decision I don't think the market will dry up from the items once they are all released!

I actually think the ZCWO one is really overpriced for the final outcome.

I don't really consider myself good enough to throw my hat into the painting ring, I often lack motivation and then when I do get motivated I can't stop myself, rush things and have to strip the sculpt all because of one tiny thing I couldn't get right.

I'd be happy with something like the DID sculpt because it's already painted way better than I could ever do it. If I like BBKill's I might still get it and practice hard on other sculpts before tackling it.

As has been said there's plenty of time...

I'm like you Rogerbee. My paint apps are no near what I wish they were and my lack of patience often causes me to rush and then to make mistakes, get frustrated and step away for a while. I much prefer options like what Headplay was offering because they were inexpensive, pre-painted sculpts. Buying parted out one often gets beaten to the sculpt by someone else or the seller's often charge more for the head than I used to pay for a whole figure.

Yeah, I too know the pitfalls of parts shopping. Like when someone recommends a store, you see it says FREE SHIPPING, so, you fill your cart. It's only when you check out that you discover the 'FREE SHIPPING' only applies if you're INSIDE the US and the shipping cost of your goodies wipes out any saving you thought you'd made. Still, you get it all anyway because you don't think you'll find it all anywhere else. Then, when your stuff has already shipped you find another store with better prices AND more reasonable shipping. Just when you think it can't get worse, when your order enters the country you get hit with a customs charge!!

Of course the other thing that happens is that a store breaks down the very figure you want, but, they don't say they have on their front page, so, you miss all the best goodies while you're waiting in vain for the info to hit that front page. Luckily though, there are etailers that tick all the boxes and you do get a good deal. It doesn't happen often, but it's damn good when it does!

You just have to shop around I guess...

I've painted dolls for years on commission, but it's a really different end game with action figures. The techniques translate fine and I can do nice fine eyelashes and eyebrow hairs, but the not the "look;" when it comes down to it I'm only starting to learn what's desirable in an action figure paint up. I want to practice more, so if anyone's looking for a free-plus-shipping paint up, I'm your girl. (Dalton is my most recent painting.)

Hoping to work on my SSC Trevelyan this weekend. He has such a slimy factory default paint job... I can't tell if the sculpt is horrific or just the paint.

I don't mind my painting skills on toys. But when it comes to high end collectibles where the hobby is going into another realm of realism never once thought possible 5-10 years ago, I wouldn't want to waste BBKill's awesome sculpt on a subpar paint job. I am going to splurge on some new model paints to work on some tabletop miniatures. I'm going to also work on some 4"-6" action figures. None of these things translates to a 1/6 portrait though. So finding a painter is likely my only option.

We don't even know if/when BBKill's sculpt will be released. Maybe the printout will suck? :dunno

Back