JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Here he is. All I can say is, it is much better in hand than via photos. This, to me, is the best mass-produced Bond/Tux money can buy, period. I am very happy with it.

(Sorry for lack of poses. I don't like posing figures too much in case the clothes crease!)

8674523499_e8d0ce3653_c.jpg

Surprisingly not hating this one...

I'm seeing the Dubya likeness now. But if it wasn't undersized and if it was put in a tux/suit, I think it'd look enough like Craig Bond for some. It's really not much better (if any better) than the Loading Toys one. I'm relieved I didn't order that one.

The ZCWO one looks nice, but I'm especially pleased by that tux. Looks great. It's expensive though. That other one we posted a while ago is half the price.

I like a lot of the ZCWO stuff and already have two of their sets (the worker/tool sets), but IMO, the bond sculpt/body and tux are both too pricy. I prefer the design of the Toy City tux anyway, and the DID one just shown would make an excellent Dr. No era tux.

$80-$90 is a lot. No doubt about it. But that includes a head and a body. All you'd really need to do is find an outfit for less than $50 and it'd be a nearly completed figure for less than $130. Not horrible for today's market prices. If BBKill's head comes to fruition and it looks good, it's going to cost us all more to put together unless we happen to have spare bodies laying around and painting skills. I have neither.

As for tux vs suit, I'm definitely going with the Asmus suit. So tux prices aren't an issue for me. Good luck getting the best whatever route you all choose to take!

I did do a double take when I saw the pricetag on the ZCWO tux, but it's a nice fit and I'd be gunshy to try the Toy City one fearing it would be baggy or ill-fitting on that ZCWO body. I'm still kicking around the Asmus suit, but all my SS Bonds are in tuxes, so I think I'm going to stay with the ZCWO tux. More than I wanted to spend, but I'll take the one stop shopping.

I was willing to pay the $160 delivered for the complete ZCWO set ....I figure that makes it about $130+30 shipping if we break it down which is quite good in today's market.

Part of the reason I like the figure so much is how well everything fits together. Hard to get that look when mixing and matching different comapanies products.

I have to be the oddball and say I still like the DiD so far. With the new Skyfall tux.

And just for the record, saying I like it does not also assume that I think it looks exactly like Craig.

No i'm right there with you wor. I'll take that full set up when it's offered, no problemo.

Is it the same sculpt or has it been reworked? Looks much better in the full suit shot!

Must be the lighting, but I think it looks very much like the one originally shown, just blown out with light.

I like its "attitude" just standing in that tux. Looks very "thuggish".

Would love an official series of Bond figures. That Craig likeness is very good.

I finished my Dalton. :)

Here's his before and after. Well, sort of. The before picture already has him on his new body with his natchan tux.
beforeandafter.jpg

And here's a clearer pic of his new paint up. It's my second try at 1/6th painting, so it's good progress.
daltonrepaint4.jpg

Wow Aimee that looks really really really good! I've never seen that figure look that good, well done. Like Wor Gar you've been able to modify the sideshow offerings to be quite classy in and of itself.

Yeah, that's much better.

Regarding the DID one, I think it looks better in the newer pic as we're seeing it in context. It's what our minds register as James Bond whether it's Daniel Craig standing there or not.

I think that DID tux looks good too, better than the ZCWO one, which, though blue, has the wrong collar for a Skyfall tux. That other company, the name escapes me, we saw recently looked to have the better Skyfall tux.

We could debate this till the cows come home and I don't think we'll be satisfied till each of us has the Bond we want standing in our collections.

That Dalton looks amazing! Good work!

Rogerbee said:
Regarding the DID one, I think it looks better in the newer pic as we're seeing it in context. It's what our minds register as James Bond whether it's Daniel Craig standing there or not.

Yup. I have no doubt the DiD head will be a great addition to anyone's collection. But after closer analysis, it's too "off" for me. By stating that, I don't mean to be bashing anyone's opinion. I love the ZCWO one even though its got its own set of issues.

We could debate this till the cows come home and I don't think we'll be satisfied till each of us has the Bond we want standing in our collections.

Mmhmm. Even if we all found the same sculpt, the outfit and accessories and pose are all likely to vary. If BBKill's head turns out nicely, I have a feeling this thread is going to get an influx of great Craig Bonds we all agree look great :)

Mmhmm. Even if we all found the same sculpt, the outfit and accessories and pose are all likely to vary. If BBKill's head turns out nicely, I have a feeling this thread is going to get an influx of great Craig Bonds we all agree look great :)

:exactly:::goodpost: yes sir I think that the stars will finally aligned for us all, lets hope the print works. Is rather wait a long time and have Chu print multiple rounds to ensure it looks as close to the rendering as possible,

I have confidence I thought his first one looked close to the rendering it was just a little too small

Yeah, well, I think BBKill has had enough experience of us now and will no doubt seek to do us proud. At least he knows we exist, unlike DID or ZCWO.

$80-$90 is a lot. No doubt about it. But that includes a head and a body. All you'd really need to do is find an outfit for less than $50 and it'd be a nearly completed figure for less than $130. Not horrible for today's market prices. If BBKill's head comes to fruition and it looks good, it's going to cost us all more to put together unless we happen to have spare bodies laying around and painting skills. I have neither.

As for tux vs suit, I'm definitely going with the Asmus suit. So tux prices aren't an issue for me. Good luck getting the best whatever route you all choose to take!

Agree with this 100%. At the end of it all it's about getting what you like as opposed to what others try and tell you is the best.

I finished my Dalton. :)

Here's his before and after. Well, sort of. The before picture already has him on his new body with his natchan tux.
beforeandafter.jpg

And here's a clearer pic of his new paint up. It's my second try at 1/6th painting, so it's good progress.
daltonrepaint4.jpg

AMAZING what some good hair will do.! :clap Seriously, such an improvement. Hard to look at the original now.

Back