Jack the Ripper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once the cancer spreads the thread becomes a lost cause. He'll probably never respond to my post now.

I'll take that one as a win I guess.

Cloud, I care! Hey, it stopped people from fighting. I say EPIC win all around.

Hockey unites all... unless you pit two fans who hate eachother's teams then we're back to a lost cause.

Defending Jack? I'm defending myself! I've admitted plainly that I think Jack was a psycho, bat????ing nuts, sick, and messed up. You're coming at me like I'm this awful human being, "pathetic and sick," a rotten individual, because I happen to like reading books about Jack the Ripper. You also attacked the creator of this thread. You're the one causing the static here, pal. Not me.

I happen to not be a fan of Abraham Lincoln. I am of Cherokee ancestry and that man had my people tortured and punished for fighting for their land. You want to offend me, you start going on about him or any of the expansionist presidents like they're heroes.

And Voorhees, stop being a little latch-along for Magazine. I really can't give two ????s about your pointless input.

Hey, there are women all over the world who want to have Charles Manson's love child. :duh:duh:duh:dunno

I just don't see why one would be interested in let alone obsessed by something like this. The way you post, you're making him out to be Casanova. There's no romance in fiercely butchering a woman and carving out her privates. Nor is there in fantasizing about an individual who does just those things. It's sick. I put it in the same category as those who drive by a car accident so intent and obsessed with seeing a mangled corpse that they themselves cause a wreck severely injuring themselves and others.

Hey, there are women all over the world who want to have Charles Manson's love child. :duh:duh:duh:dunno

I just don't see why one would be interested in let alone obsessed by something like this. The way you post, you're making him out to be Casanova. There's no romance in fiercely butchering a woman and carving out her privates. Nor is there in fantasizing about an individual who does just those things. It's sick. I put it in the same category as those who drive by a car accident hoping to see a mangled corpse to the point where they themselves cause a wreck injuring themselves and others.
You don't understand it. Fine. Just don't give me ???? about it. I probably don't understand a few things about you but I'm not going to go and judge you and treat you like a horrible human being over them.

When I said "Romantic" I did not mean I have ANY sexual attraction AT ALL to whoever the ???? Jack the Ripper was. I know quite a bit about his psychological profile and that is something a girl just doesn't want to think about. I meant "romantic" as a sweeping generalization about the time period. Like the way a sunset is romantic. Certainly doesn't make me want to have sex with the sun.

And a good chunk of people who go to race car derbies and air shows go to possibly see a crash. It's just human nature to be morbid like that.

You don't understand it. Fine. Just don't give me ???? about it. I probably don't understand a few things about you but I'm not going to go and judge you and treat you like a horrible human being over them.

When I said "Romantic" I did not mean I have ANY sexual attraction AT ALL to whoever the ???? Jack the Ripper was. I know quite a bit about his psychological profile and that is something a girl just doesn't want to think about. I meant "romantic" as a sweeping generalization about the time period. Like the way a sunset is romantic. Certainly doesn't make me want to have sex with the sun.

And a good chunk of people who go to race car derbies and air shows go to possibly see a crash. It's just human nature to be morbid like that.

Well spoken.

I see no problems collecting any historical figure - be he Obama, Lincoln, Jesus, Hitler, or Jack the Ripper.

But I am pretty sure I know who Jack the Ripper was. Have you read the excellent Portrait of a Killer by Patricia Cornwell? It is an excellent read and it had me convinced.

Jack was actually an artist named Walter Sickert. :lecture

140px-Walter_Sickert_1884.jpg

Last edited:

This phrase above makes absolutely no ***king sense whatsoever. You don't want to think about his psychological profile but yet, to me anyway, seem obsessed with him. (insert cuckoo smiley) The man killed women and scooped out their genitalia. YUP! That's romantic. There were literally millions of other people in the world during that time you could be "romanticizing" about and you pick the psycho.

Serial Killer Groupies or SKGs...

Who are They?

Some people define serial killer groupies (SKGs) in narrow terms, such as women who fall in love with those killers who have been caught and are awaiting trial or are in prison. Other definitions include anyone, male or female, who shows some obsession with serial killers, to the point of extreme emotional attachment. It's not always clear whether the phrase "serial killer groupie," refers to people who just love the idea of a serial killer and would be aroused by any sort of contact, or more strictly to those who have become attached to a specific killer.

In any event, serial killers prove to be magnets for some people, mostly (but not always) females, and experts have offered a variety of reasons why. Among them are:

* Rescue fantasies: the SKG wants to believe that she has the ability to change someone as cruel and powerful as a serial killer.
* Need to nurture: many women have said that they see the little boy in these killers and feel an overwhelming desire to nurture and protect that part of him.
* The perfect boyfriend: she knows where he is at all times, and while she can now claim that someone loves her, she does not have to endure the day-to-day issues of most relationships; she can keep the fantasy charged up for a long time.
* Need for drama: during the trial, the daily events in the lives of serial killers may attract women who want to get close to the adversarial atmosphere and the possibility that something surprising may occur.
* Hybristophilia: some people are sexually excited by others who commit violence
* Exclusivity: there's a real sense of ownership of the facts about the killers—which confers its own special status—among those who feel intimately associated with them
* Regaining the lost male: some who have been abused, neglected or without a father figure look to the killer to fill that need
* Vicarious fantasies: some wish to live out their own visions of violence through a person who can actually act them out
* Low self-esteem: some women believe they cannot find a man and since men in prison are desperately lonely, it's an easy way to get involved
* Attention: when they do something like get involved with a killer, people talk about them and often the media puts a spotlight on them
* Eminence: they evolve from Nobodies into Somebodies
* The chance to show their mettle: they align themselves against the world in a heated defense of their beloved
* Beauty and the Beast syndrome: they like the idea of getting close to danger that will probably not hurt them, but there's always the slight chance

Interestingly, many SKGs are educated and attractive. Some have money, and some are already married. Quite a few are mothers, and it's often the case that they work in some related field, such as psychology or law enforcement...
https://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/s_k_groupies/4.html

AS I SAID "romantic" was referring to the TIME PERIOD. NOT JACK THE RIPPER. Jack the Ripper chose to commit his crimes, during a romantic time period. I think most people will agree that the Victorian age WAS a romantic time to be alive. Unless you lived in the slums of London where the manners, social taboos and politesse of the time didn't reach.

All this time you've been sitting here thinking I had a crush on Jack the Ripper? I don't know whether to feel baffled or insulted. Just because I am a girl and I am interested in a mysterious character from history who was PROBABLY a male (they're not even sure about that! He could have been a crazy midwife who went off her rocker, Jill the Ripper!), doesn't mean I have any kind of crush or sexual feelings towards that character. I'm sure you like Mother Theresa to a certain degree but I wouldn't accuse you of being in love with her simply because you're male and she was female. That's ludicrous. I have a lot of male historical interests, such as Galileo Galilei, Nicola Tesla, Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton, but that doesn't mean I'm in love with any of them!

Yeah, I'm going to go with "insulted." If I was a guy you wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. You've given me a stigma because I am female.

Walter Sickert was not proven as the Ripper. Patricia Cornwell made up a lot of things in her book to come to that conclusion. Most Ripperphiles kind of laugh at her book. She's actually a fiction author, not a historian.

Also they aren't sure whether it was Jack or Jill, but most likely it was Jack. Serial killers tend to hunt the gender that they are attracted to, which is why Dahmer attacked men.

If I was to pick a Ripper suspect that seems the most likely I'd say Tumblty or Druitt are the biggest contenders.

Yeah, I'm going to go with "insulted." If I was a guy you wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. You've given me a stigma because I am female.

Don't flatter yourself sweetheart. If you were a guy, you would've gotten the same responses from me. Your posts about Jack seem a bit to "passionate" to be a simple curiosity. There's a certain level of obsession in them and that's what led to my opinion, not the fact that you're female. For all I know, you could be a man pretending to be a woman. It's indifferent and irrelevant.

Back