Jack the Ripper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some people are arguing to be arguing.

I dont see what the big deal is with people wanting a ripper in their collections. Some people have Billy the Kid in their collection well right there is a cattle thief and a murder, Some people have Hitler in their military collection, and some people have Vlad in their collection. I mean who other than a relative of the Clantons should get pissed at people who buy the Holiday and Earp PF's.
Exactly. I've seen Nazis in peoples collections. You want a true monster, you just look at those guys. The Blackbeard PF is also quite popular amongst you people. Why is Jack the Ripper so much more despicable than those characters?

I don't understand why people get all worked up about a topic they have no interest in... :dunno

I see it more often than not lately...
I have no interest for example in military figures...
but I'm not trashing those threads just because I don't like them...
even though it's about glorifying murder... :horror!

Weird...

I'm heavily invested, Kuzeh. Magazine seems to just want to judge me and piss all over me because of it. He would be the one arguing for the sake of it.

There is a huge difference between an actual murderer and a fictional character, one killed real people and one didn't exist and therefore killed no one.
I personally find it rather sad that the victims are being dismissed because of their profession and that somehow they were better off dying at the hands of a piece of crap rather than whatever end fate had in mind for them. Prostitute or not, they didn't deserve to be murdered for some freak's jollies. I also don't understand the reference to him as a 'romantic villain'. Murderers should never be seen as romantic. People are defined by their actions, and his actions should only get him labeled as the filth he was. In my opinion, elevating his status as a cult figure is a slap in the face to his victims and gives him exactly what he sought. The only consolation is that he remains anonymous and that he never got the satisfaction of being immortalized personally.
Collect what you want, but I don't understand why you would want a representation of someone who did such despicable things to innocent human beings hanging in your house.

Thats all i've been saying. Collect whatever you want but i'll have an opinion on this topic. Its sick. End of story.

the irony in a "Voorhees" debating about a disgusting Jack the Ripper toy is hilarious .... :lol

Sure it looks hypocritable but imo its not. I grew up in a time where horror movies switched from suspence to slasher. Its entertainment. No different than reading a horror/thriller/mystery novel. You are giving your attention to fake stories ................ stories fabricated my some man or woman.

There is a HUGE difference between Fantasy and Reality.

There is a huge difference between an actual murderer and a fictional character, one killed real people and one didn't exist and therefore killed no one.
I personally find it rather sad that the victims are being dismissed because of their profession and that somehow they were better off dying at the hands of a piece of crap rather than whatever end fate had in mind for them. Prostitute or not, they didn't deserve to be murdered for some freak's jollies. I also don't understand the reference to him as a 'romantic villain'. Murderers should never be seen as romantic. People are defined by their actions, and his actions should only get him labeled as the filth he was. In my opinion, elevating his status as a cult figure is a slap in the face to his victims and gives him exactly what he sought. The only consolation is that he remains anonymous and that he never got the satisfaction of being immortalized personally.
Collect what you want, but I don't understand why you would want a representation of someone who did such despicable things to innocent human beings hanging in your house.

Because I'm a morbid person who obsesses over death. There, you got me to admit it. Tried my hand at suicide a few times. Apparently bad at dying.

What is so hard to read about this thread? I asked about JACK THE RIPPER....him alone. This is not a thread about serial killers or mass murderers. I don't care about any of that crap. I just thought a 1/6 scale figure of a historical figure would be cool. Simple as that.....Larry

I like Vorhees, and can say the guy is stand up. He's just passionate in his opinion, and sometimes our passion clouds the logical center of our brain. At the same time I understand your anger and frustration. You don't need someone giving you a hard time by simply asking a question, that I felt was no where near offensive, but hey, different spokes for different folks. We all approach things differently, but it would be funny to find out that this is a case of two good people disputing over something so frivolous.

Either way, you two should move on from this, you enjoy your stay and everyone enjoy making fun of ecekat. Now he's the one to give a difficult time. I would actually be in for a new Jack the Ripper movie if done properly.

Exactly. I've seen Nazis in peoples collections. You want a true monster, you just look at those guys. The Blackbeard PF is also quite popular amongst you people. Why is Jack the Ripper so much more despicable than those characters?

I would own a Nazi figure and I dated an Asian women, and I am part Polish and the Nazis enslaved them in concentration camps as well as the Jewish. Wait, I am also German. I am in conflict with myself!

Die you Nazi scum! No, you die you dirty Pol!

*strangles himself*

Sure it looks hypocritable but imo its not. I grew up in a time where horror movies switched from suspence to slasher. Its entertainment. No different than reading a horror/thriller/mystery novel. You are giving your attention to fake stories ................ stories fabricated my some man or woman.

There is a HUGE difference between Fantasy and Reality.

Innocent dumbass teenagers being picked off one by one with a machete is entertainment to this person. I read books about Jack the Ripper, but I just find Jason movies obscene. What does that say?

You know the only slasher I liked? Pumpkinhead. Because at least that movie had a decent story.

I'm not sure all of the keyboard psychology is needed for a simple question of whether or not anyone made a Jack doll.................Larry

I'm not sure all of the keyboard psychology is needed for a simple question of whether or not anyone made a Jack doll.................Larry

Larry, look at the bright side, you have sparked up an interesting topic that has gone deep and has entertained some great intelligent discussion. This is a rarity on these forums. If anything you should be thrilled, as long as your question is answered. I don't see a problem with this. :)

I answered you a long time ago about that one buddy. And I took over your fight for you. Don't make it all in vain.

Because I'm a morbid person who obsesses over death. There, you got me to admit it. Tried my hand at suicide a few times. Apparently bad at dying.

Okay, now that is stupid! Don't ever say anything stupid like that again! You have one life to live. Cherish it. Suicide is for the weak, and the only people who miss out, well, are their families and friends. I think suicide is the most selfish thing a person could even entertain.

When you're gone, you're gone. But the ones left suffering are the people around you who care. That's not fair to put that kind of emotional heartache and stress. Stress kills.

Sorry, just hate the idea of suicide. It's just as bad as murder IMO because it is murder. Murdering of one's self.

I'm not "fighting" some jason fan-boy over whether or not he cares if I have a Jack figure. These message boards are all the same. You have some adults who can get along and others who simply live at the keyboard waiting to spark arguments and debates and point fingers at other people.....what a joke.............Larry

Cloud, I am giving you crap because I care. Nobody should even think about that. I have and in the end, it just isn't the answer. I was in a deep depression once and got out of it. Man, lets move on from this... this is going to a bad place. lol

Cloud, you're a cutie who seems very bright. Why you even entertained that thought is mind blowing, but obviously you smartened up! We love having you here. :D

I'm not "fighting" some jason fan-boy over whether or not he cares if I have a Jack figure. These message boards are all the same. You have some adults who can get along and others who simply live at the keyboard waiting to spark arguments and debates and point fingers at other people.....what a joke.............Larry

Larry, don't get upset. This is how the internet is. We have some passionate people on here as well. I wouldn't say they are necessarily immature, but they don't necessarily get it either. I think Vorhees took it to a place he shouldn't have. Either way lets move along, if we can't have some fun discussion here. I say this after giving Cloud crap. Hey, I love people.

Back