Premium Format Jack the Ripper Sideshow Original Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've received mine and it's out of the box. My first impressions are that the detail of the statue seem a little softer then I recall, the tentacles coming out of the stomach being a prime example. It could be due to the amount of gloss finish on them. My biggest gripe about the statue is the blood on the knife. It's poorly done and looks cheap. It reminds me a lot of the bloody effects finish of some of the McFarlane toys from the past. For me it's easily the biggest problem with the piece.

In some ways, the overall finish of the statue, form the gloss to the paint, really does resemble an oversized McFarlane toy.

I've received mine and it's out of the box. My first impressions are that the detail of the statue seem a little softer then I recall, the tentacles coming out of the stomach being a prime example. It could be due to the amount of gloss finish on them. My biggest gripe about the statue is the blood on the knife. It's poorly done and looks cheap. It reminds me a lot of the bloody effects finish of some of the McFarlane toys from the past. For me it's easily the biggest problem with the piece.

In some ways, the overall finish of the statue, form the gloss to the paint, really does resemble an oversized McFarlane toy.

aaaaand the excitement dies :(
thanks for your honest feedback & hope to see pics as well

Your description looks exactly like the picture has always looked to me. One thing that always stuck out was how glossy it is. Well at least I got mine for $40 off instead of full price.

I just hope that Sideshow didn't strike out with the paint jobs on this piece, because i know the sculpting and tailoring looked very impressive on the prototype...will have to wait and see pics.

Last edited:
no pics yet :( guess the majority are getting him Monday. If Im lucky enough, I'll be getting mine Monday too, & with time difference (GMT+3) can post pics early morning.

Jack in the house
jynu2y2e.jpg

quick pics, the statue really pop in dark background, but the camera couldnt pick the details & loose focus when I tried to do that. first impression, looks great & VERY faithful to the prototype. the tailoring & material used is one of the best, it reminds me of London after Midnight, both the black & red jackets have wires to adjust. Love the base as well! the tentacles coming out have a bit weak magnet on mine though. overall, Im pretty happy with him.
will try to take better pics later!

anequbuz.jpg

re3u9uby.jpg

a9usuvym.jpg

yzyte3y3.jpg

u3a6yja4.jpg

y5ava4e9.jpg

Congrats looks like it came out great. Blood effect looks to be
Well done love the base details on it.

the blood in the cufflinks looks great, in the knife looks average. the base have a lot of details & nice weathering.
3eraravy.jpg

yjanetat.jpg

Back