Statue J Scott Campbell Vampirella Statue -- Women of Dynamite Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture Glad to hear all of you were able to get your funds back. It blows me away that this thing was released looking like that.

Right!? Its unbelievable when you consider that for $20 more then the price of that Dynamite garbage, you can get a Hot Toy and we all know the craftsmanship that goes into a Hot Toy. Outrageous!

Well its been a little over a month but Nick the CEO of Dynamite FINALLY responded to my email. It follows...

Nick Barrucci <[email protected]>
2:38 AM (15 minutes ago)

to me, Dynamite
Jason,

The new counter sample of the Vampirella statue arrived and it looks great. The quality is what you would expect. It seems that the original factory lied to us and will not make adjustments, so we went to another factory. It will be better this time.

Cc'ing customer service as they will keep you appraised of the new ship date.

best!

There was a second email as well...

2:41 AM (19 minutes ago)

to me
And meant to mention, the reason why Purgatory has been delayed is to get Vampirella right and all of the rest as well. I think that you will be happy.

best!

I do appreciate him finally responding but it sort feels a bit too little, too late. I already returned my statue to great folks over at BBTS and cancelled my pre order for Purgatory. Again, I appreciate the fact that he responded but its been over a month since my first email and he doesn't address any of the issues I had dealing with Dynamite customer service. I hope they can recover from this disaster and I'd love to get a Vampy and Purgatory statue that shows off its price tag. I guess its a wait and see type situation. I just hope that, if the statues are nice, I dont end up missing out and dealing with a "sold out" type of situation.
He did CC customer service like he said so fingers crossed that I get a notification that the statue is ready and worth my time and money.

Jason,

I apologize it took me so long. I wanted to take care of getting back to all of the fans on my own, but between the waiting for info from the factories, and then a close friend of mine passed away, I fell well behind on work. I'm cc'ing customer service so that all questions can be answered far more quickly, and we also brought up to speed the new member of customer service who we didn't think to bring up to speed since I was trying to take care of.

I'm really sorry for all of this, but the final will be what you expect. And once the Vampirella is approved, we will be moving into Purgatory and to Jungle Girl. But, first Vampirella has to be perfect.

best!

Nick

Nick,

I mentioned in my very first email to you, based on your letter to fans I found in this thread, that I thought you were displaying a good will gesture in contacting forums and in your efforts to correct the snafu Dynamite experienced. I believe you truly are trying your best to rectify the QC issues and produce a product that we collectors will be happy to own and display. I'm saddened to hear that you lost a friend and cant imagine the added pressure this entire business has caused. I think its big of you to come on this forum and open up to us, your communicating to us is a very encouraging thing and gives me hope that all of us collectors will be happy with the recasts, etc.

I'm really looking forward to how the next batch turn out and as long as they are,"what you expect" I'll be on board with a new Vampy statue and Purgatory at least. As big of a Vampy fan as I am, I have to admit I was looking forward to that Purgatory statue a bit more so I'm really looking forward to how it comes out.

Thank you again Nick. If I can speak for collectors? We just want communication and assurances when something goes wrong and what your doing puts my mind at ease.

Thank you and condolences.
Jason

Saw the pics on Facebook when it was released. Atrocious. That said, I hope they can make good on their promises with a better re-release.

So after seeing the sculpt and painted Red Sonja posted on Jason Smith's blog back in December, I was wondering how long it would take for it to go up for preorder. Well, it finally did today on BBTS. And they still haven't released their Purgatori or Jungle Girl, and still no word about the improved Vampirella. :/

I had put this entire line out of my mind. :lol I don't have any faith that they'll be able to produce a quality statue of any of these characters.

The sculpt on these statues look great, tho. Maybe they should just release them as unpainted statues and lower the prices accordingly.

The Vampirella statue I got had more issues than just horrible paint. The actual sculpt was bad then they slapped a bad paint job on top of it. If they could put these statues out with amazing quality then I'd get them all--especially the J Scott Campbell ones.

Hmmm ...the one I got was pretty good sculpt wise. The paint was sloppy and the hands were broken at the wrist. I guessed it was the way it was packaged so it broke during shipping. I returned it quickly.

I agree tho. If these were made with high quality, then I would've gotten them all. Even the new Women of Dynamite Red Sonja looks great in prototype form.

Here is the latest update.

Nick Barrucci contacted me last week and this is what he had to say...

Apr 22 (9 days ago)

Jason,

I wanted to touch base to let you know that the new figures are about to go to the freight forwarder to ship. While it will still take a bit to get here, we should have, fingers crossed, by the end of May. We will replace your damaged one.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

best!

I'm optimistic =)

Well ...here's hoping the new figures are vastly improved. If they are, then maybe the Purgatori statue has a chance ...not to mention Jungle Girl and the Red Sonja statue that they just revealed.

I'm interested in the Red Sonja statue. No way I'm ordering any of these without seeing in-hand photos first. That Vampirella statue is a nightmare. Fortunately, they don't seem to be selling out, so there doesn't appear to be a rush to order.

Keep on the lookout for their new and improved Vampirella statue, tho. Apparently they found another factory to produce them. If the new pieces are improved, then theses pieces might start to sell.

All,

As I posted on the other site - The Vampirella statues are in and they look beautiful! I'm sorry for the wait. I'll mention, we went through a few factories till we were sure we would be happy with the final version. It's taken us a long while to get here, but we're finally happy with the quality and ready to move the entire line along.

We did hold off on all statues till we found a factory that would give us the quality that we feel the fans and the characters deserve so have held off on Purgatori, Jungle Girl and all others till now. Purgatori will be shipping in July and Jungle Girl come August and then Dejah Thoris and Red Sonja and more.

Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and cc customer service Dynamite Customer Service <[email protected]>

Thank you everyone who had patience and faith!

best!

Nick

Have the retailers returned the bad batches? And will the retailers like Big Bad Toy Store only ship the new batches if I order Vampirella now?

Back