Statue J. Scott Campbell - New Mary Jane Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like i drew the short straw :slap

Question. I asked for an exchange. Will Sideshow wait for them to receive the old one first or will they dispatch a replacement straight away?

So Spidey is 5'10 and MJ is 5'8 according to marvel.
Koto spidey from heel to head is about 11.5 inches which is 1/6.087 scale.
Bowen spidey is 10inches which equates to 1/7 scale
Sideshow MJ is about 15 inches from heel to head and equates to 1/4.53 scale

Hard to get an accurate fix on the scale of this piece since for some reason the figure in this statue isn't done in one consistent scale.
The upper body is one scale and the lower body is another (smaller) scale.

2ex90l3.jpg

I do like most things about this one a lot- but the seeming lack of awareness of the inconsistent proportions (which is much more a hallmark of a Rob Liefield than a J. Scott Campbell) make me cringe.
For the majority of people, I realize this won't be noticeable at all- and that's OK. I actually love overtly cartoony stuff like Bruce Timm. The first statues I ever bought were Timm versions of DC characters. But this one just falls a little too far out of my comfort zone. I wish I could get past it cause I'd love to own it, but I just can't so I'll be (somewhat reluctantly) passing.

This is really my only criticism of the statue. Other than that, this is a seriously cute, sexy little piece- which looks to have beautifully consistent paint apps for the most part. Congrats to those who do pick it up because it looks like something that should always put a smile on your face whenever you glance at it.

Also I gotta give credit to Campbell for coming up with a pin-up theme for the character that is unique, classy, and works well for the character. Not an easy hat trick to accomplish.

Hello all!

I have always admired Sideshow's pieces. Being the huge J.Scott Campbell fan that I am, I just had to nab her up! I just got her in yesterday and opened to check for any problems. The only thing I see is this little paint blob on the Spidey symbol nearing the middle of her back:

IMG_8662.jpg

I understand that they can't be perfect, my concern would be for further down the road, that blob turns into some bigger paint problem. Thoughts for a newb?

I am surprised at how good she looks. I really want to order but her size looks tiny. Looking forward to more pics showing what she will look good on display with. I have several of the 1/5 xmen but she looks smaller in scale.

I ordered 2 (my brother wanted one) and the strange thing is one of them arrived today and the other is still stuck in Cali due to bad weather. Like others have said the statue looks great. I'm a new member (long time lurker) so I'll post pics as soon as my post count is high enough.

I also have the Spiderman one pre-ordered and wasn't going to get Gwen but after seeing how great MJ turned out and seeing Black Cat coming in the future I'm thinking of getting Gwen. I'd hate to miss out on having the complete the set if they continue Campbell's line after Black Cat. Anyone else thought about this?

Really loving the paint app on this. It really is a 3D representation of the characters straight out of the comic book. I wonder if the new Hellboy PF will receive the same type of paint app.

I ordered 2 (my brother wanted one) and the strange thing is one of them arrived today and the other is still stuck in Cali due to bad weather. Like others have said the statue looks great. I'm a new member (long time lurker) so I'll post pics as soon as my post count is high enough.

I also have the Spiderman one pre-ordered and wasn't going to get Gwen but after seeing how great MJ turned out and seeing Black Cat coming in the future I'm thinking of getting Gwen. I'd hate to miss out on having the complete the set if they continue Campbell's line after Black Cat. Anyone else thought about this?

If you hate missing out on having the complete set, I'd work on acquiring the existing pieces while they are still affordable. They will most likely pump out more from Campbell's line. AH's line did really well and they continued that line quite a bit, not to mention the price hike those took in the aftermarket. Even with the larger ES these days, I predict Campbell's line will be expensive for someone to play catch up in the future.

No offence to those who have her and like her but my personal opinion is that the AH head sculpt looks like a troll.. The new one is absolutely GORGEOUS though!! Would really like to get her...will have to see, I guess she'll be around for quite a while.

Just unboxed my M.J. Looks like I got a lemon. Paint app is ****! I will be sending this one back for sure. Booooooo!

Number 1600 is in the house!:clap Had a checked for quality sticker on mine. The paint app is flawless and apart from getting my gray Hulk comiquette this is the happiest I have been in a while getting a new piece from Sideshow. Glad I pre-ordered all of these. Bring on Black Cat! :yess:

Back