Statue Sideshow: Spider-Man and Mary Jane Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Sideshow listening must be a first - they changed Peter's face.

It still doesn't wow me, but yeah, it's much better now.

Eye color is still wrong, though.

NEW:
1125x900_previewbanner_200556_SpiderManMJMaq-update.jpg

OLD:
1125x900_previewbanner_200556_SpiderManMJMaq-2.jpg

I see they also made them both look in the same direction. Good.

Wow, Sideshow listening must be a first - they changed Peter's face.

It still doesn't wow me, but yeah, it's much better now.

Eye color is still wrong, though.

NEW:
1125x900_previewbanner_200556_SpiderManMJMaq-update.jpg

OLD:
1125x900_previewbanner_200556_SpiderManMJMaq-2.jpg

I see they also made them both look in the same direction. Good.

Big time improvement!

I may just have to get this now. Freakin stoked!

Are you referring to Pete's upper eyelids? If so, I believe those are his eyelashes.

How come? What's wrong with her eyes?

They are not looking in the same direction already. You might not notice it at first, as it's admittedly subtle, but her right eye seems to be looking more to our left side of the picture than right at us, as her left eye's doing. Knowing Sideshow's history, there's a reasonable chance production pieces will be worse.

As always, covering up her left eye with the cursor helps see what I mean. And again, I guess most people would be OK for it as it is -- heck, I might give it a pass myself, it's not a deal breaker right now, but I fear for it being worse on production pieces.

Last edited:
They are not looking in the same direction already. You might not notice it at first, as it's admittedly subtle, but her right eye seems to be looking more to our left side of the picture than right at us, as her left eye's doing. Knowing Sideshow's history, there's a reasonable chance production pieces will be worse.

As always, covering up her left eye with the cursor helps see what I mean. And again, I guess most people would be OK for it as it is -- heck, I might give it a pass myself, it's not a deal breaker right now, but I fear for it being worse on production pieces.

Hmm ...didn't notice it at first. And I'm not sure if the slight shadow on that side of her face is causing that effect. In any case, I hope the in-hand pieces will not have that issue. Now I'll have to inspect closer when in hand.

Back