Statue J. Scott Campbell - New Mary Jane Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold half my bowen collection to pay myself back for my 1/4 scale spending spree. If you would have asked me five months ago for that to even be an option I would have laughed! I am by no means one of the screaming ES banshees however the ex does play an integral part in my collection. There's nothing wrong with wanting to protect your intial investment. Tastes and preference change over time and at some point we all end up selling something we thought would be ours forever. Just the nature of this hobby. Even for those with money to throw around. Space will eventually catch you.

On to serious matters now. It's about that time of the day for Jean Claude Van Dammes dance off video!

jean_claude_got_moves.gif

:hi5: jkno 'taught' me how to collect earlier today...
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48614&page=261

:rotfl

You can only sell desirable items with a low edition for profit.
That's what SS used to produce.
I don't think many people on here think they will ever sell but sometimes it's unavoidable.

I sold half my bowen collection to pay myself back for my 1/4 scale spending spree. If you would have asked me five months ago for that to even be an option I would have laughed! I am by no means one of the screaming ES banshees however the ex does play an integral part in my collection. There's nothing wrong with wanting to protect your intial investment. Tastes and preference change over time and at some point we all end up selling something we thought would be ours forever. Just the nature of this hobby. Even for those with money to throw around. Space will eventually catch you.

On to serious matters now. It's about that time of the day for Jean Claude Van Dammes dance off video!

jean_claude_got_moves.gif

I get what you guys are saying. I just don't look at them as "investments" If I buy a couch and Sell it in 10 years I don't plan on getting my original investment back. It's nice when it happens but I don't go into it with that in mind. And believe me I have sold off plenty of items that I never thought I was going to sell.

I get what you guys are saying. I just don't look at them as "investments" If I buy a couch and Sell it in 10 years I don't plan on getting my original investment back. It's nice when it happens but I don't go into it with that in mind. And believe me I have sold off plenty of items that I never thought I was going to sell.

Collectibles are investments though. Comparing a peice of furniture you have sat on for the decade doesnt quite fit the description of high end collectibles with limited print sizes. I don't buy these in the hopes of turning a profit. I buy them because it brings a smile to my face everytime I look at my display set up in the family room or a rush of adrenaline when a new package shows up at the house. I loved these characters growing up as a kid and I love them on the big screen and in comics as an adult.

However you can't fault a collector nor consider them less of one for having a a savy financial outlook on their collection in addition to the sheer love of the sport. When I see people that post "your not a true fan because you care about the ES size" or your not a true fan "because your more concerned about the residual value" it seriously makes me laugh! Like oh your right, I don't have half of the lines from the Avengers movie memorized and I certainly haven't seen it more than 50 times! (I know this isn't you Jaws) but there are people so quick to judge that probably don't know half as much as I do about the marvel universe that consider themselves extremist fans! Everyone has their own collecting agenda and other then one member on this forum, I haven't questioned anybody else about theirs

Yeah, everyone has their own reasons for collecting. For some people it's sentimental, some people it is all about exclusivity, some value...it goes on and on. No right or wrong here, do what you want, just don't try to preach to everyone else that your way is best.

Collectibles are investments though. Comparing a peice of furniture you have sat on for the decade doesnt quite fit the description of high end collectibles with limited print sizes. I don't buy these in the hopes of turning a profit. I buy them because it brings a smile to my face everytime I look at my display set up in the family room or a rush of adrenaline when a new package shows up at the house. I loved these characters growing up as a kid and I love them on the big screen and in comics as an adult.

However you can't fault a collector nor consider them less of one for having a a savy financial outlook on their collection in addition to the sheer love of the sport. When I see people that post "your not a true fan because you care about the ES size" or your not a true fan "because your more concerned about the residual value" it seriously makes me laugh! Like oh your right, I don't have half of the lines from the Avengers movie memorized and I certainly haven't seen it more than 50 times! (I know this isn't you Jaws) but there are people so quick to judge that probably don't know half as much as I do about the marvel universe that consider themselves extremist fans! Everyone has their own collecting agenda and other then one member on this forum, I haven't questioned anybody else about theirs

Yeah, everyone has their own reasons for collecting. For some people it's sentimental, some people it is all about exclusivity, some value...it goes on and on. No right or wrong here, do what you want, just don't try to preach to everyone else that your way is best.

I guess I should stress here that it's how I look at collecting. When I first started I never once thought about the value increasing. I just thought they looked awesome and wanted them in my collection.

It's cool when the value of a piece goes up or to know that it's rare but in the end I just hope to get close to what I originally paid including shipping.

But that is just how I go into it. If I worried about value then there would be pieces that I want that I would skip on and pieces I might not care for that I would buy.

exactly, some could learn to keep opinions to themselves. though it would be a boring community if everyone did that. just some need to shut up. :lol

I guess I should stress here that it's how I look at collecting. When I first started I never once thought about the value increasing. I just thought they looked awesome and wanted them in my collection.

It's cool when the value of a piece goes up or to know that it's rare but in the end I just hope to get close to what I originally paid including shipping.

But that is just how I go into it. If I worried about value then there would be pieces that I want that I would skip on and pieces I might not care for that I would buy.

I am in agreement with you. Hell man I own the Ultron PF Reg! Everybody hates that piece! However I thinks its sweet! If I only cared about value or other peoples opinions that guy never would have made it into my collection. I guess its harder to explain my purchases and mad science behind them as I just got into this hobby in January. In reference to older prints and long sold out statues I have had to pick up a lot. Every time I've made a deal regardless of how much I've wanted the piece I've had to make sure that the money I was putting forth was at least a fair price and worth my investment. When your paying up to four times the initial retail price you have to be a lot more financially savvy then when something becomes available from SS direct. Now that I'm pretty much caught up if I like it I buy it. Simple as that man. I have that luxury now

I started out this hobby way back from Transformers, GI Joes, TMNT. Then went on to Spawn. And now to SS statues. I guess when first started the toy collection passion, I never really look at the price. More like if my parents, let me buy it... then its mine. Same concept with the current statue, if I can afford it and like it, then its mine.

Come think of it, ES never occured when I was buying Spawn and older toys, hahahaha.... WEll, thats just me sharing my toys collecting days. =)

Hello guys im new to statue collecting. I was wondering if I should buy these campbell statues from pre order or should I wait to get them later a little bit cheaper? Im just collecting for my self not to sale them later. Thanks for any advice.

Hello guys im new to statue collecting. I was wondering if I should buy these campbell statues from pre order or should I wait to get them later a little bit cheaper? Im just collecting for my self not to sale them later. Thanks for any advice.

Where do you live? Are you set on getting the EX?

You started at the right time. Pick up the spidey ex most definitely if you like the series. The other two will be around for awhile so you don't have to make a rush decision on those two

Back