Statue J. Scott Campbell - New Mary Jane Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Mary Jane Comiquette?

I'll probably only get MJ from this line, and only if she's at $225. Which means I can just say that I'll pass on this. :lol

At sdcc, I picked up a few prints from campbells booth. While he was signing them, I noticed he had a sample scuplt of the MJ. Aside from asking him how much he wanted for it (and the obvious rejection) we chated a bit about it. I didnt take what he knew too seriously, but he stated he would have to guess around $250 for the piece.

At sdcc, I picked up a few prints from campbells booth. While he was signing them, I noticed he had a sample scuplt of the MJ. Aside from asking him how much he wanted for it (and the obvious rejection) we chated a bit about it. I didnt take what he knew too seriously, but he stated he would have to guess around $250 for the piece.

ugh, I guessed $250 earlier. :slap

Now do I get it or not? :lol

Edit: Aaargh! I'll pass. Not enough space. EX will be a print likely?

I read that she was Bowen sized because of her pose. That's pretty small right? :(

She's a Com. That makes her 1/5. Obviously she's seated so she won't be as tall as she would be standing up. That doesn't mean she isn't 1/5 scale.

I think she'll be around 13". If I weren't slowly moving toward horror/goth chick pieces, I'd totally pick her up. She's got that girl-next-door vibe that Gwen failed to inspire in me. I think Frank Cho said something like drawing chicks based on real-life girls whom he lusted after, who were "unattainable", but you never lose that glimmer of hope of "getting with" her. Kinda like that feeling when I see MJ. Seeing Gwen in the videos did nothing magical for me. :dunno

It looks fairly small, I mean 1/5 scale, sitting down, and a petite girl, compare that to the Spidey piece which looks significantly bigger. On the flip side the base adds a bit of height, but all the same, not exactly a gigantic piece! In theory there is no reason why its should be an expensive piece as it's a relatively easy sculpt and paintjob as well. Course, that's not to say it won't be, I'm sure SS know there is a bit of pent up demand here, guess it will depend if they overplay their hand.

It is in fact 1/5 and i asked campell if he would be personally selling the prints. He said he couldnt because sideshow owned the print and was likely going to be selling them with the EX

Pic by THX

IMG_7452_zps66259825.jpg~original

I'd like to think that Campbell would at least have an educated guess on all of this, so this is good news!

Less freckles for me please. You can also see a few paint flaws in the that pic.

I'd like to think that Campbell would at least have an educated guess on all of this, so this is good news!

The only thing that hurt his estimate was that the prints he had completed for them to work off of are probably close to two years old. I was hoping that his estimates for the prices werent based off of dollar amounts that old

Lets look at it this way though. When did the woman of marvel pieces come out and how much were they?

The only thing that hurt his estimate was that the prints he had completed for them to work off of are probably close to two years old. I was hoping that his estimates for the prices werent based off of dollar amounts that old

Lets look at it this way though. When did the woman of marvel pieces come out and how much were they?

Let's face it, it would never be priced at $199. Or can it? :panic:

I remember MJ from the AH! line was $125....so I'm betting those days are long over. :lol

Back