Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, really dig the EX on this. The price point might just kill it for me. I don't care about the ES size. I wish this had been the same as Gwen even though I knew it would be $300. $270 is too much for me to buy gwen but would have been perfect to pick up spidey. decisions...decisions...

Not to poo poo on the party but most of us were half expecting a CoH as a regular anyway, to justify the increased price, but because now the CoH is the EX we get excited? SSC gets to make less CoH AND wins the PR war?

Not to poo poo on the party but most of us were half expecting a CoH as a regular anyway, to justify the increased price, but because now the CoH is the EX we get excited? SSC gets to make less CoH AND wins the PR war?

I'm confused. Can not decode. :lol. Anyone feel free to help me out.

Double edged sword...

One one hand, there's those like me who were ordering regardless. There was speculation but no confirmation about the head as an EX or Reg either way until today, so to see it included in any respect is good for us anyway. You can't fault SS for our half expectations when we are the ones that formed expectations that weren't previously confirmed or denied.

Then there are those who are EX and ES collectors, something I wouldn't fault but don't understand. The statue itself doesn't matter to that crowd, only the ES and EX matter if it'll make the value higher or the piece rarer for others to have. With an EX, that crowd can now be appeased.

As far as the price, I was comparing prior comiquettes and although SS's prices have gone up across all formats, $300 for a comiquette is just a lot any way you cut it. Which is why my list of potential SS orders will get something cut from it. Spider-Man is my priority, but it means not getting something else I could have bought from them if the prices for this plastic were lower. I'd like the Spidey Girls with this Spidey, but I'm passing on them. These prices are crazy.

Last edited:
Again people, when you see this piece in person... It's rather big. Yeah it's 1/5 scale, but it doesn't feel like you're getting cheated. It has about 2-3 inches on the Gwen Stacy. I'm actually shocked it's going for $300.

If I like something that much I will buy it. Low ES or a decent Ex is a bonus.
People say 'I will never sell' but no one knows what awaits them around the corner, any one of us might hit a financial crisis or ill health. Should that happen it's nice to know you will at least get your money back if forced to sell.
That's why I don't like a 6,000 ES with no Ex :lecture

Again people, when you see this piece in person... It's rather big. Yeah it's 1/5 scale, but it doesn't feel like you're getting cheated. It has about 2-3 inches on the Gwen Stacy. I'm actually shocked it's going for $300.

DD was 1:5 but looked tiny ontop of that tombstone.
Does the actual figure look a decent size? I'm assuming you saw it at CC?
Cheers.

Well truthfully this is a luxury item and as with most frivolous things out there they loose their value. We (should) buy them mainly because we like them. Luckily, SS often throws us a bone and helps us at least get our purchase price back with the EX... and sometimes the Reg. But they don't have to do that......

Limited Edition collector items should at least hold their value, unless the manufacturer decides to put out 6,000 or unlimited ES.
High or no ES won't stop me buying a piece I love but if I only like it...

Did the other two pieces in this series release with an ES straight away?

Back