Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Possible Spiderman PF

For Marvel, the 1/5 Grey Hulk Comiquette is coming soon. Alex just mentioned the 1/5 Marvel line is not dead. I guess you will still see some pieces once in a while.

I think SS realised they made a mistake with Marvel, messing up the scales all over the place. (They will not admit it was a mistake of course, they will just say the decision stands and those are great art pieces individually but we all know deep down they messed up) Therefore they are prioritizing PFs and replacing old ones with new ones, which is great IMO(for example: New 1/4 Punisher PF, old punisher PF was meh... and the comiquette was 1/5), it's like correcting their mistake.

For DC they learned their lesson with Marvel so they are only focusing on 1/4, 1/6, life size busts and LSF. That's more than they can chew already.

Heck they can start a 1/5 line for DC, similar to Star Wars Mythos, with their own unique styles for the whole line.

Those were different. The Mythos line has its own feel to it. It clicked and worked. The Predators too. They only started couple months ago. Marvel they had been doing it for years. It's like Marvel was their first experiment.

If you put those Mytos together, it looks great. Put those predators together looks great too.

Now how about putting those 1/5 Marvel together... Don't get me wrong, those 1/5 X-men looks ok to me. Just not my cup of tea.

They can all be PFs. Remember, we already have an MJ Com from the AH line. Why would they make another? There is no reason to cancel any of the pieces you mentioned. Just make them all 1/4 fully sculpted PFs. The Spidey Com is 1/4 scale. There is no earthly reason to make another 1/5 MJ or even Gwen for that matter. None.

They could be PFs, but also could not. Why would they make another comiquette? Might not be a reason beyond because they just wanted to.There's reason to do anything if the person or people doing it find a reason.

It appears there will be an MJ and Gwen in the same style. That might be the reason.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=37051

dbf5cc08.jpg

800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_super.jpg

Gwen with Spider-Man umbrella (other side has Spidey eyes in the vid)
02_Bludd_Destro.jpg

Guys for those of you who own Spidey PF, what do you think of him? I always want to get him but I am too afraid the fabric is too shiny for my taste. How is the fabric in person? On some of the pics I've seen the fabric is way too shiny maybe it doesn't look bad in person?

Found this pic in SF, I thought Spidey PF looks great with the gang, probably better fit than the comi.

08be745683b04459fe13d006c20e1040.jpg

There hasn't been a 1/5 release or sneak since Ice Man and Angel in the marvel line up. That's a looong time. SSC has even publicly noted that their customers prefer 1/4 pieces over 1/5 ones. That's the whole reason they changed the definition of their PF statues to include ALL 1/4 pieces. Even fully sculpted ones. I can't speak for any of the other licenses but the Marvel line up seems to be shifting to 1/4 scale pieces. Does anyone even know what the next 1/5 marvel statue will be?

Exactly but see my "issue" with the phasing of 1/5 is that it's not just the size. What I really like about the comiquettes (Beast, Psylocke, Spidey...) is that they have a great atmopshere, they show us a scene and not just a simplish museum pose (which I'm not a fan of in general).
Dioramas seems to be phasing out as well.... :monkey2

I am hoping 1/5 is dead :monkey1

:thwak:thwak

They could be PFs, but also could not. Why would they make another comiquette? Might not be a reason beyond because they just wanted to.There's reason to do anything if the person or people doing it find a reason.

It appears there will be an MJ and Gwen in the same style. That might be the reason.

dbf5cc08.jpg

02_Bludd_Destro.jpg

With the exception of Hobgoblin and the AH MJ, all other Spidey releases have been 1/4 scale. I expect Gwen and MJ to get made in 1/4 scale as well. It is not a coincidence that SSC merged it's 1/4 Coms with the PF line. There would be no reason to do that unless SSC is looking to scale back or eliminate 1/5 Coms in the marvel line. There are no new sneaks or POs of 1/5 scale marvel pieces. The Gray Hulk Com doesn't count in my book. It's just a retread of an already existing green Hulk Com. SSC has made an obvious choice to focus on their 1/4 scale pieces.

dbf5cc08.jpg

02_Bludd_Destro.jpg

A MJ & Gwen Stacy = easy buy :D

Guys for those of you who own Spidey PF, what do you think of him? I always want to get him but I am too afraid the fabric is too shiny for my taste. How is the fabric in person? On some of the pics I've seen the fabric is way too shiny maybe it doesn't look bad in person?

Found this pic in SF, I thought Spidey PF looks great with the gang, probably better fit than the comi.

08be745683b04459fe13d006c20e1040.jpg

i dont care what anyone says, the spiderman pf to me is still by far the best spiderman ever made. The amazing quality/paint and the perfect tight fit between sculpt and mixed media cloth. It will also look amazing going head to head with the upcoming rhino statue.

The comiq is alright but the paint problems and all sculpt makes it look kinda cold/simple.

Back