I've Had My Indy Cherry Popped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how you feel Sean... no local friends here either... all are either Military and spread all over the world.. or here on this board. People locally just think of me as a crazy old hermit...

thumb_obi-wan.2.jpg

No Netflix? How do you survive, man?

At least sign up for the two week trial (or whatever it is) to see the other 2 Indy flicks.

The one thing that never plays on TV, but I remember vividly in the theater, is the POUNDING sound of those PUNCHES! It was so exaggerated in a good way -- I came out of the theater so pumped, so charged up, wanting to punch bad guys.

I have to say, I had to fight hard not to just picture Peter Griffin fighting a giant chicken when the plane was spinning on the tarmac :lol

I have to say, I had to fight hard not to just picture Peter Griffin fighting a giant chicken when the plane was spinning on the tarmac :lol

Now you get the joke. I feel sorry for you, but I am also jealous that you got the experience for the first time at a more mature age. The rest of us only got to see them when we were kids in the theatre and stuff when they first came out. :rolleyes:

Hey, if you want to see them again Sci-Fi channel is playing the whole trilogy this Saturday kind of like how USA had them last Saturday.

Hey, if you want to see them again Sci-Fi channel is playing the whole trilogy this Saturday kind of like how USA had them last Saturday.

Excellent, I'll have to catch TOD and LC then, they'll be a bit edited but I'll get the gist.

As far as being able to save money, I'm glad I'm just seeing these now because if I'd grown up on them, I think I'd probably be collecting crazy, and man are there enough properties I'd love collectibles from already that there are collectibles being made from haha.

Excellent, I'll have to catch TOD and LC then, they'll be a bit edited but I'll get the gist.

As far as being able to save money, I'm glad I'm just seeing these now because if I'd grown up on them, I think I'd probably be collecting crazy, and man are there enough properties I'd love collectibles from already that there are collectibles being made from haha.

I doubt they are edited much though, especially with the stuff on TV nowadays. :google

Wow, I had no idea you never saw an Indiana Jones until now Maulfan. But I'm glad you liked Raiders! And now you also get the "Top Men" joke from Family Guy as well(they actually used that twice with James Woods lol).

Man, first time seeing Indy. I'm pretty jealous, honestly! I'm still as entertained by the films today as I ever was when I was 13, but you can't beat that first memory of seeing a great film.

Temple of Doom and Last crusade are fantastic, I hope you like 'em!
Trev

This really is like finding out a friend is 25 and has never been laid? I don't know what to say... I guess congratulations? Sounds like your first time was a good one :lol

It's really hard to believe that someone who is so into Star Wars and other pop-culture movies had never seen any Indiana Jones movie, but at least you're on your way to correcting that. You HAVE to see all three of the original movies before seeing Crystal Skull!

By the way, one of my earliest memories was going to a drive-in double feature of Star Wars (ANH) and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Obviously they were released at different times, so unless I'm remembering the whole thing wrong, they must have had a special showing of Star Wars to go with Indy. Anyway, it was my first time seeing either of them. We arrived late for Star Wars, which was shown first, so for a while I didn't realize the movie didn't start with the droids on Tatooine. The face-melting scene freaked me out as a kid, as did Alfred Molina's dead face just before the boulder scene in Raiders.

This really is like finding out a friend is 25 and has never been laid? I don't know what to say... I guess congratulations? Sounds like your first time was a good one :lol

You make that sound like such a rare incident. Mercy. :lol

I can't wait until you get to the Last Crusade. It is one of my favorite movies of all time, and Sean Connery is the perfect character to go with Indy. Also, I feel it has the best score of them all--I would put the Grail theme in my list of William's best 10 themes ever. It really is a fantastic way to end the series . . .

until now?

:lol

Come on though, greatest movie villain death ever! Melting while screaming -- you can even hear the gurgling as his own dripping flesh fills his mouth!

Glad you liked it. I was afraid, after years of talking about it, maybe your expectations were too high. At least it stills plays.

Hells yeah! especially when you see it when you are like 7 years old or so. bada$$ indeed :rock

:D

It's one of those shots that you never forget.

That final scene where the Ark is opened in Raiders scared me as a kid and continues to frighten me today.:horror

Haha, nah not really anymore. But it's a great scene. I remember getting the Indy movies for the first time when McDonald's was selling all three on VHS a long time ago...

Back