Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a lot of other figures I want first, but she just seems like she'll be an SDCC exclusive at some point to me.

I'd almost prefer it now so that Sideshow can see feedback on the female Pro and address the issues before releasing one of the main gals.

Last edited:
There's a lot of other figures I want first, but she just seems like she'll be an SDCC exclusive at some point to me.

The top three on my want list are Scarlet, Roadblock & Gung Ho.

I'd die for a roadblock, although I don't want him the same size as every other Joe, it just wouldn't make sense. I really hope they go the extra mile if they release him. I want an Airborne badly as well, I've actually started working on one using parts from BlackOpsToys.

I'd die for a roadblock, although I don't want him the same size as every other Joe, it just wouldn't make sense. I really hope they go the extra mile if they release him. I want an Airborne badly as well, I've actually started working on one using parts from BlackOpsToys.

Seeing what they did with Rock 'n' Roll, it's just a matter of adding bigger arms.

OK...I am completely ready to see how Sideshow handles Gung-Ho.

I'd imagine the same as "Rock 'n' Roll, but hopefully with a chest piece.

There is a very cool Navey Seal Diver that would make an excellent Torpedo or Wetsuit figure from Toys City coming out this monthl:

TCY10009.jpg

TCY100091.jpg

Wow things have seemed to slow down a bit. With the BDN and Zartan shipping in the next couple of weeks that just leaves the new Snake Eyes as the solitary Joe preorder that's currently available.

I bought all of mine at once. What is the release schedule on these things? Is it every 2/3 months a figure gets released?

Also, does anyone have a checklist of the Sideshow G.I. Joe Figures by release date?

Many thanks.

Here is a checklist that I put together, but what is the order and the dates/years that they were released?

JOES
1. Beachhead
2. Duke
3. Dusty
4. Flint
5. Hawk
6. Rock ‘n’ Roll
7. Snake Eyes
8. Snake Eyes w/ Timber
9. Stalker

COBRA
1. Black Dragon Ninja
2. Cobra Commander
3. Cobra Commander (Crimson)
4. Cobra Officer
5. Cobra Sniper
6. Cobra Trooper
7. Crimson Guardsman
8. Desert Cobra Ops Officer
9. Desert Cobra Ops Trooper/Sniper
10. Firefly
11. Ninja Viper
12. Red Ninja
13. Storm Shadow
14. Viper
15. Zartan

There used to be a thread regarding order of release and release dates. Too lazy to search now.

I bought all of mine at once. What is the release schedule on these things? Is it every 2/3 months a figure gets released?

Also, does anyone have a checklist of the Sideshow G.I. Joe Figures by release date?

Many thanks.

Here is a checklist that I put together, but what is the order and the dates/years that they were released?

JOES
1. Beachhead
2. Duke
3. Dusty
4. Flint
5. Hawk
6. Rock ‘n’ Roll
7. Snake Eyes
8. Snake Eyes w/ Timber
9. Stalker

COBRA
1. Black Dragon Ninja
2. Cobra Commander
3. Cobra Commander (Crimson)
4. Cobra Officer
5. Cobra Sniper
6. Cobra Trooper
7. Crimson Guardsman
8. Desert Cobra Ops Officer
9. Desert Cobra Ops Trooper/Sniper
10. Firefly
11. Ninja Viper
12. Red Ninja
13. Storm Shadow
14. Viper
15. Zartan

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98146

I don't see HT treading any territory for SW that Sideshow hasn't already traveled.
That seems rather out-of-character for them. :p

I don't recall G.I. Joe being a branch of the Navy. :dunno
I don't recall saying it was. Ace, however, was flying what was essentially a carrier bird when he first appeared, and the box of the Flagg prominently featured the Skystriker blasting off its deck. An F-35 would follow much more logically than an F-22.

You're absolutely right! "I can't believe what a big fail that Ace figure was. Sideshow should just drop the G.I. Joe license and just start make random modern military figures given with this release, they showed absolutely no respect to the source material."
Dude, all I'm going to say is that I thank God that you're not in charge of designing these things. :rotfl

Ace is an Air Force Pilot. Even though the F-14 is a Navy bird, the XP-14F Skystriker is an experimental plane. Back when the F-14 was being tested, it was shopped out to the Air Force, but they did not want a Swept-Wing Fighter due to the lackluster F-111 Aardvark. Instead, they used the fixed wing design that we see in the F-15 in which has the same fuselage as the F-14 as they were designed together.
I know, but by the time Ace was released, the Tomcat had been in Navy service for roughly a full decade (which would make the Skystriker, what, the Multicam of jet fighters? :p), so I don't think calling it a Navy fighter is necessarily inaccurate, and the F-35 echoes the initial intent for it to be a multi-service aircraft, unlike the F-22.

The top three on my want list are Scarlet, Roadblock & Gung Ho.
Scarlett would be my ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.

That seems rather out-of-character for them. :p

I don't recall saying it was. Ace, however, was flying what was essentially a carrier bird when he first appeared, and the box of the Flagg prominently featured the Skystriker blasting off its deck. An F-35 would follow much more logically than an F-22.

Dude, all I'm going to say is that I thank God that you're not in charge of designing these things. :rotflI know, but by the time Ace was released, the Tomcat had been in Navy service for roughly a full decade (which would make the Skystriker, what, the Multicam of jet fighters? :p), so I don't think calling it a Navy fighter is necessarily inaccurate, and the F-35 echoes the initial intent for it to be a multi-service aircraft, unlike the F-22.

Scarlett would be my ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.

Actually if Nam was in charge of this line,I know he would make the figures as ARAH and "classic" as possible and not make them look like Gears of war or Halo crap 'ACE' wanna-be pilots

Dude, all I'm going to say is that I thank God that you're not in charge of designing these things. :rotfl

And thankfully you're not either. You'd run the G.I. Joe license into the ground and send away all the real Joe fans, by releasing a bunch of generic modern soldiers with G.I. Joe names. I have an extremely hard time believing you're even a minute fan of the franchise given your lame trolling for stripping away anything and everything that has to do with the characters.

This is of course except for your blatant hypocrisy in the Baroness PF thread _____ing about Sideshow making the PF with heels and her not having heels on the card art for the original figure.

Back