Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, thanks for the sentiments. I was actually just being a smart @$$ when I apologized. I realize that you're not mad at me. But thanks all the same. lol! Guys with 30,000 posts often become the "authority" so ideas coming for a guy like me often get shot down quick.

Anyway... you all are sooo sweet. I might just have to stick around.

My point was I don't think there's a rush from SSC to do either of those figures.

If they did, I think you'd see Luke or a TIE pilot first. If that happens maybe we can start dreaming about Ace or Wild Weasel or whoever.

I can't imagine Ace arriving first. Then again, this IS Sideshow and they tried to introduce a Big Foot PF before Chewbacca...:lol
Hot Toys is producing the most recent 1/6th Luke, aren't they?

As for Ace though, releasing him in an F-35-style get-up only makes sense. It would fit with the "modernised" aesthetic that SSC seems to be applying to their figures, it references the 1/18th character, it could have a lot of crossover appeal for military aviation collectors since the most recent 12" pilot figure I can think of, the HT Vietnam F-4 pilot, was released years ago, and it would probably end up being cheaper in terms of tooling than a "vintage" Ace, as the bizarre pressure suit of the 1984 figure would probably require something along the lines of the Hot Toys Nostromo space suits to pull off to any degree of effectiveness. :p

Hot Toys is producing the most recent 1/6th Luke, aren't they?

That's HT's own line which, outside of borrowing the license, has nothing at all to do with Sideshow's.

As for Ace though, releasing him in an F-35-style get-up only makes sense. It would fit with the "modernised" aesthetic that SSC seems to be applying to their figures, it references the 1/18th character, it could have a lot of crossover appeal for military aviation collectors since the most recent 12" pilot figure I can think of, the HT Vietnam F-4 pilot, was released years ago, and it would probably end up being cheaper in terms of tooling than a "vintage" Ace, as the bizarre pressure suit of the 1984 figure would probably require something along the lines of the Hot Toys Nostromo space suits to pull off to any degree of effectiveness. :p

Even if they did "modernize" him, Ace would likely be flying some variation of the F-22 nowadays. So your weird Halo-ish pilot helmet would be entirely unnecessary:

36162_34728.jpg

That's HT's own line which, outside of borrowing the license, has nothing at all to do with Sideshow's.
And Sideshow's line seems to be largely clone troopers now, so an X-Wing pilot Luke seems more likely from Hot Toys.

Even if they did "modernize" him, Ace would likely be flying some variation of the F-22 nowadays.
Given he started out flying a Navy fighter, the F-35 is more likely. ;)

So your weird Halo-ish pilot helmet would be entirely unnecessary:
Not in the least. Multiple companies have done the HGU-55/P at this point, but no one has produced an F-35 HMDS yet. It would be the talk of the 1/6th world. :p

And Sideshow's line seems to be largely clone troopers now, so an X-Wing pilot Luke seems more likely from Hot Toys.

I don't see HT treading any territory for SW that Sideshow hasn't already traveled. I think it was said that Anakin's next. :lol

I don't recall G.I. Joe being a branch of the Navy. :dunno

Not in the least. Multiple companies have done the HGU-55/P at this point, but no one has produced an F-35 HMDS yet. It would be the talk of the 1/6th world. :p

You're absolutely right! "I can't believe what a big fail that Ace figure was. Sideshow should just drop the G.I. Joe license and just start make random modern military figures given with this release, they showed absolutely no respect to the source material."

I would prefer they leave the "Stinkor" gimmicks to Mattel. I don't want a figure that's going to stink up everything else in the detolf he's sharing, let alone every other collectible in the room. :nono

I totally agree Nam. I was just havin' some fun. I wouldn't want anything stinking up my Detolfs either.

Ace is an Air Force Pilot. Even though the F-14 is a Navy bird, the XP-14F Skystriker is an experimental plane. Back when the F-14 was being tested, it was shopped out to the Air Force, but they did not want a Swept-Wing Fighter due to the lackluster F-111 Aardvark. Instead, they used the fixed wing design that we see in the F-15 in which has the same fuselage as the F-14 as they were designed together.

Also, the F-35 HMDS "Demon Helmet" is now being used by pilots of the F/A-18 Super Hornet. It is becoming a standard from my understanding.

As much as I like ninjas, other than 1988 Storm Shadow, I hope Jinx is the last. :lol

There's a lot of other figures I want first, but she just seems like she'll be an SDCC exclusive at some point to me.

The top three on my want list are Scarlet, Roadblock & Gung Ho.

Back