Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that they would, but I see a lot of love out there for Flash. He'd definitely have the retro-cool factor. Then the SDCC Exclusive could be Silver Pads Grand Slam ( who NEVER gets any love) but who's outfit is pretty cool. All of the would lead up to the newest figure environment: JUMP jet pack and landing pad.

(I really, really, really want to see a JUMP jet pack)

Shipwreck hater? How can anyone hate a wisecracking skirt chaser that sailed a boat across a desert?

Yeah, I was brought up on the comics over the cartoon, so Clutch and Snow Job were the womanizers, Scarlett and Snake-Eyes were THE romance, Roadblock was a bad@$$ not a rhymer, Recondo and Ripcord were very relevant, and Shipwreck was kinda a ____ who resented the Joes being at sea.

As for sailing across the desert, I got nothin' my friend.....

Not that they would, but I see a lot of love out there for Flash. He'd definitely have the retro-cool factor. Then the SDCC Exclusive could be Silver Pads Grand Slam ( who NEVER gets any love) but who's outfit is pretty cool. All of the would lead up to the newest figure environment: JUMP jet pack and landing pad.

(I really, really, really want to see a JUMP jet pack)

I would love a flash figure:clap

Skip the landing platform, just give us the jetpack. Having a jetpack eliminates the need for vehicles. Cobra just needs the Flight Pod.

As had been alluded to, I doubt SSC will do a pilot any time soon. Maybe Wildbill, but can't see them doing a jet pilot. Look how they've never tackled a Star Wars XWing or TIE pilot. Maybe they don't want to make a figure that people mostly associate with sitting in a cockpit? I don't know.

:lol:lol:exactly::exactly::lol:lol

The jetpack idea would have been sweet to use with Stalker as an exclusive since he used the jetpack almost on a monthly basis the first year or so of GI Joe.

I'm ALL FOR a jet pack alone, so I could get several. Perhaps in the $50 range?

But, would SSC do one at so low a price point? I see the platform (which I'm no fan of either) being s more marketable item for perceived value to the casual collector. That's the only reason why I suggested it. I think the Flash the silver pads Grand Slam gives us the highest probability of that coming to fruition.

But then, they made the Black Dragon ninja, who is such a super-duper minor character that who knows where the line will lead next?

Was Crimson Cobra Commander an exclusive for SDCC 2008 or 2009?

I'd love if Sideshow had another Joe SDCC exclusive this year, but I hope the fact that the Cobra Ninja Viper is still available doesn't deter Sideshow from another Joe exclusive. Wonder what the edition size for the Ninja Viper was; it's not listed on Sideshow's site.

Was Crimson Cobra Commander an exclusive for SDCC 2008 or 2009?

I'd love if Sideshow had another Joe SDCC exclusive this year, but I hope the fact that the Cobra Ninja Viper is still available doesn't deter Sideshow from another Joe exclusive. Wonder what the edition size for the Ninja Viper was; it's not listed on Sideshow's site.

We still need yellow, blue and pink ninjas to complete our Power Rangers set though. :(

I feel bad for the poor kids whose best saturday morning memories are the freaking Power Rangers. Every once in a while you get the dorks who ask for SSC or HT Power Rangers. God help them.

I feel bad for the poor kids whose best saturday morning memories are the freaking Power Rangers. Every once in a while you get the dorks who ask for SSC or HT Power Rangers. God help them.

Because Saturday morning memories of the Gummi Bears, Snorks and Dungeon & Dragons is somehow better? :dunno :lol

Maybe, maybe not. There wasn't one the year before the Viper, if I recall. But that might've been "punishment" for people _____ing about CCC. :lol

Oh, I guess I am speculating a bit. I forgot that they didn't do one in 2010.

I know they haven't announced anything, I just wasn't sure if they did one every year. I guess I got into collecting the Sideshow Joes the year they released CCC so I really didn't notice the gap between him and the Ninja Viper.

Anyhow, it'd be nice if they did someone like Grunt as their exclusive as opposed to another trooper or ninja (I doubt that they'll do another ninja). I just don't want another troop builder exclusive. I'm ready for some more of the core figures.

Anyhow, it'd be nice if they did someone like Grunt as their exclusive as opposed to another trooper or ninja (I doubt that they'll do another ninja). I just don't want another troop builder exclusive. I'm ready for some more of the core figures.

Honestly, while I'd grab the SDCC Ex if it was Grunt, I think it'd be a mistake to use a main character from the license as a SDCC Ex. It really goes against the whole concept. Instead, I'd prefer they stick to variant troop builders.

We've discussed this ad nauseum in this thread before. The SDCC exclusive will always be a troop builder or a re-purposed / re-colored existing figure. Otherwise the masses that wouldn't be able to get their hands on a Con exclusive will scream bloody murder.

We've discussed this ad nauseum in this thread before. The SDCC exclusive will always be a troop builder or a re-purposed / re-colored existing figure. Otherwise the masses that wouldn't be able to get their hands on a Con exclusive will scream bloody murder.

:exactly::exactly:

aint that the truth.

Back