Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll never see all the High Comand. I bet We'll be hard pressed to get anyone who would have joints showing.

Zartan, Storm Shadow, Gung Ho, Quick Kick, Roadblock, etc.

For some reason, I never think of elbows as exposed joints. Even though they are, obviously, but it never registers as an issue.

And I forgot about the Joes completely. My brain has this tagged as the Cobra 1:6 line for some reason. :monkey3

to be honest, the pace on this so called line is rediculous. and for the price that they are wanting for these guys, if the gear is not more realistic and detail is not what it should be, then ill dump it all together. i wont wait for months on end to get a figure for a hundred bucks or more for his gear to be all plastic and rubber. for this price, they need to pay a little more attention to detail and actually add die cast weapons and accessories to these guys to seal the deal. im sick of manufacturers using plastic weapons and cheap gun slings and crappy molded boots and turn around and charge a small fortune for these things. but then again, sideshows accessories have mostly always been a drag. i feel that this line is going to be weak.

...What I wouldn't give for a decent pair of 1985 Crimson Twins! Tomax and Xamot would make such awesome 1/6 figures! And hell, aside from two headsculpts all they'd have to do is reverse the outfit pattern!

Well nothing to show from the Spooktacular weekend so much for that idea! :banghead

spooktacular sucked. it was a let down for me. we got two dead figures thats already been released. i hate when they change the clothes on figures and call them exclusives. thats so retarded. id rather see new products than ones that were already released.

to be honest, the pace on this so called line is rediculous. and for the price that they are wanting for these guys, if the gear is not more realistic and detail is not what it should be, then ill dump it all together. i wont wait for months on end to get a figure for a hundred bucks or more for his gear to be all plastic and rubber. for this price, they need to pay a little more attention to detail and actually add die cast weapons and accessories to these guys to seal the deal. im sick of manufacturers using plastic weapons and cheap gun slings and crappy molded boots and turn around and charge a small fortune for these things. but then again, sideshows accessories have mostly always been a drag. i feel that this line is going to be weak.

This line will be awesome. Die cast weapons are too heavy, and you can't get the same kind of tooling out of metal that you can from plastic. Sideshow's weapons have amazing detail and have always been one of the best features of their armed figures.

Also, Hot Toys' military gear has never been sub-standard, and all of that has been plastic as well.

The price of these figures has more to do with the general economic atmosphere than anything else. They have more accessories than their usual figures so that edges it up a bit higher too. Personally, they'll be entirely worth it.

Just dump it now. There's nothing for you here.

Can't think of too many people that make 1/6 weapons and accessory out of metal. A few do like DiD, but honestly it doesn't make much difference as long as the final product looks good.

And diecast can be too heavy sometimes which can effect posing. And saying Sideshow has bad accessories is just wrong... they really do make some of the best out there. ANH luke is a prime example of how great their work can be :lecture

i love the fact that the 805 zombie comes with a radio and no where to put it. he would have came with much more gear than what he did if they were looking for accuracy for a man of that stature. and yes die cast weapons can and usually do increase weight to the figure, but smaller firearms usually dont. and smaller items such as clasps, buckles and buttons, knives, etc. are features that should not be overlooked. and regardless of what others will say, i still think ht is a little on the steep side of the pricing. especially when soldier story has gear and accessories that are pretty damn close in comparison with ht for about 50 bucks less. and i beg to differ with the whole tooling issue, but whatever. what im trying to say is that sideshow should put a little more tlc into some of their accessories. arnolds shotgun for instance on the t2 figure was a joke. the metal didnt even look like gun metal and i had to drill a hole to get the real look for the barrel. its little things such as this that bother me the most. but as for cobra commander i shall keep my pre order active and give the new body a try. cuz i cant stand the bucks. hopefully they will prevail with this figure.

These aren't on the Buck.

The only Soldier Story figures I found that had similar types of accessories to Snake Eyes were $90-$100. SE is $120. The CIA Night Ops Grim Reaper was the closest in number of accessories (though fewer) to SE, and he was $130. I don't know what kind of body they're on. Is it similar to Hot Toys?

These aren't on the Buck.

The only Soldier Story figures I found that had similar types of accessories to Snake Eyes were $90-$100. SE is $120. The CIA Night Ops Grim Reaper was the closest in number of accessories (though fewer) to SE, and he was $130. I don't know what kind of body they're on. Is it similar to Hot Toys?

i dont own any soldier story dudes yet, but i seen there nude bodies and they dont look too bad, but that doesnt always mean much. as far as articulation goes they look pretty decent. im thinking of picking one up for curiousity and seeing. the cia dude looks pretty sweet. but i dont really care much for the others. it should be pretty close to the ht. maybe a little bigger.

the next Figure will be revealed.......................................

in 2011, released by 2012

Back