Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With GI Joe all SS has to do is release one Cobra Soldier and suddenly we can have a viable display of Cobra Commander + any amount of soldiers and a full fledged Cobra display is pretty much covered. Same goes for Crimson Guard, Vipers, etc.

Of course we want major bad guys like Firefly, Destro, Storm Shadow, etc. but once they release the troopers collections won't look "incomplete" like they currently do for LOTR. Its not like LOTR where there's specific groups of characters that always travelled or fought together.

I think every year SS should release an army builder and three "named" heroes/villains. That should suit the line just fine. More would be preferred, but aren't necessary.

How about a troop builder every 2 years? That way they can do 2 Joes, 2 Cobra every year and we don't have to wait so long for major players. There really are a lot of characters to go through.

I could easily follow this line for 5 years at 4 characters a year. I can't think of 5 generic troop builders I'd want, but I can think of 20 major characters I want.

Last edited:
I suppose a troop builder every two years would work for me as well, though I wouldn't mind if they went 2009 - Cobra Officer/Soldier, 2010 - Crimson Guard, 2011 - B.A.T.

How about a troop builder every 2 years? That way they can do 2 Joes, 2 Cobra every year and we don't have to wait so long for major players. There really are a lot of characters to go through.

I could easily follow this line for 5 years at 4 characters a year. I can't think of 5 generic troop builders I'd want, but I can think of 20 major characters I want.

Really? Easily Cobra Soldier, Crimson Guard, Snow Serpent, BAT, Viper...

However, would I rather have a shelf of those, or a shelf with CC (helmeted), Destro, Baroness, Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Hawk, Roadblock, etc.

Yeah, you're right. I really don't need army-builders. They're too expensive to army-build anyway, especially considering what I pay for all the 3 3/4" ones I get!

Hope we see an announcement during Spooktacular. Hope its not a trooper though, because I will want at least three...

:D

Back