Its time for more truetypes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they definitely need to bring back some head sculpts to the bodies even if the generic heads. With Hot Toys quality sculpts & paint apps, you can make ieveryday generic characters that look great, & makeup characters using them

:exactly:

The Arnold and Advanced needs to be knocked off now.

Yeah I stocked up on those, there's really not a lot of demand for that body type ATM so some new ones would be great, maybe a more realistic looking narrow shoulder body, the bane body, the new body used on the Tonto would be nice and maybe another female.

Meh. There are enough bodies are the market these days that are both comparable to TT and a hell of a lot cheaper. Hot Toys and their $50 bodies can go to hell :pfft:
I totally agree. Hot Toys TT is a rip off at £40-50. One of these 3rd party bodies, costing £10, is just as good, when they will be covered up anyway.

What they need to do is mass offer the Coulson body IMO it's the missing link between the slim and narrow shoulder it's radically changed a few figures with awkward in between builds or serviced certian figures with undersized heads or clothes. It's radically changed many of my customs and the way I customize. It's getting a bit pricey though buying them at 70 or 60 bucks a pop

The other welcome additions are the ads wong female bodies and the mechanic tony stark body's. The female situation is dismal and I don't love but I like this body and the tony stark build is a much better option for average but built guys who are not built like Hugh Jackman

Add Black Widow, Bruce Lee, Tony Stark with Led Heart bodies and we are talking.

This body should be in the next batch of truetypes:lecture

PD13784379384pl.jpg

They may be overpriced but I prefer them to any other company's body out there, hot toys plastic quality, nice matte finish, tight joints and overall total production value is better. Not to say there not over priced because they are, but they are the best none the less.

Meh. By a small margin imo. I've bought KO narrow shoulders,KO muscle bodies and Soldier Story bodies all at nearly half the price or more of HT nudes and had zero issues. Or nothing that I couldn't easily fix. I've gotten to the point with HT where I'm saying enough is enough. And that goes for all their products.

I have a kind of OCD thing going on where I could buy a knock-off body but then go and buy a HT body anyway because the knock-off didn't 'feel' right to me or something. So I just skip that and go straight to buying an official one.

They may be overpriced but I prefer them to any other company's body out there, hot toys plastic quality, nice matte finish, tight joints and overall total production value is better. Not to say there not over priced because they are, but they are the best none the less.

I've bought some 25ish knockoffs and haven't looked back. For $25 shipped, the quality of them is there.

I have a kind of OCD thing going on where I could buy a knock-off body but then go and buy a HT body anyway because the knock-off didn't 'feel' right to me or something. So I just skip that and go straight to buying an official one.

Same thing happened for me, thats my story:exactly:

Meh. By a small margin imo. I've bought KO narrow shoulders,KO muscle bodies and Soldier Story bodies all at nearly half the price or more of HT nudes and had zero issues. Or nothing that I couldn't easily fix. I've gotten to the point with HT where I'm saying enough is enough. And that goes for all their products.

That's maybe where I have gone wrong, theres so many KO's out there maybe I just haven't found the right ones, Though I do like some other companys bodys like World box, Kaustic Plastic and ACI, those are nice. Its the strait up KO's of the standard TT's that I don't like, I've gotten some floppy jointed pieces of C r a p and the ultra shiney plastic is off putting.

I've bought some 25ish knockoffs and haven't looked back. For $25 shipped, the quality of them is there.

If your on to some good ones I'd be willing to check one out if you have a link:)

I'd definitely like some new female true types, both of the super-articulated and hidden joints variety - preferably they won't be so damn flimsy with knees that bend backwards if you walk past them.

I'd definitely like some new female true types, both of the super-articulated and hidden joints variety - preferably they won't be so damn flimsy with knees that bend backwards if you walk past them.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ShnD22gUUyo[/ame]

I need 2 new True Types for my original Hot Toys Two-Face. I was just dusting off my collection and both Two-Face and Harvey Dent figures left behind their right legs when I went to lift them. :lol No falls, no posing, just picked the suckers up and saw a foreleg and shoe left behind. Damn knee rings disintegrated like crusty, stale crackers. Thankfully I only paid $75 bucks new for each of those suckers back in the day. Not sure which body I should hunt for now (ran out of spare legs). It'd be nice if they sold just a regular old true type body and made it readily available.

I don't see why Hot Toys just doesn't supply different Standard true types regularly. No head, no gimmicks, 30 bucks.

I would love for Hot Toys to give the female TrueType another go. I think they made a major miscalculation with the first pair by giving them identical head sculpts. Why buy both?

However, head sculpts for any new female TTs would still be a necessity. Unlike the males, there is little to no competition for Hot toys in making life-like "generic" sculpts. Manufacturers are getting close now, at least, but I think Hot Toys has enough of a head start to corner the market if they choose. The problem is that in order for that to happen, in which other manufacturers will design clothing specifically for their body, Hot Toys needs to be more committed to keeping their line alive.

I really like the new body used for Selina Kyle and Avengers' Black Widow and think it would make a great TrueType. It's versatile, the sculpt has nice detail and decent paintwork to bring out that detail. It just needs feet! Original hand sculpts (fists, "karate", thumbs-up, etc) might help sales, too.

I like that first one, great that it comes with extra ankle joints to add height if needed, hot toys should pick up on that feature. Only issue is no sculpts with necks will fit it, none the less I may have to give it a try, thanks for the links:hi5:

Bumping this, I think the time is should be drawing near on the next batch, just about all the ones from the last batch are gone from most retailers and its time for a new injection of Body's. Come on hot toys bring them on already!!!

Back