Its Grievous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave it makes sense that there would be a large metal compent to him for the mixed media. He is mostly droid according to Clone Wars. And in the episode where they introduce him, he is definatly mechanical.

Damn sideshow! I didn't want to start a new line, but I am going to have to get this.

What if they suprise us all with a 2nd quarter release!! That would be the icing on a very nice cake!!

Here is a pic of the Grievous:
25.jpg

I'm not too impressed with Grevious...I would have much prefered Sidious or Anakin/Vader (pre-suit). It looks just like the Hasbro 12 inch...only much more expensive. It has a nice pose, but it just looks like a giant toy. Passing on this one...

That's a low res shot, where the flash has blow out all the detail. Give it a day or two.

You'll see... ;)

Wow that was fast.
I like it so far from what I see.
I wonder if it'll have articulated arms?
Impressive, most impressive.

From the visual guide to ep. 3, Grievous is 90% droid, with his brain and eyes inserted into the robotic body. He was supposedly built by the same race that builds VADER! Once this movie hits, Grievous will be the MAN. (aside from DV of course)SSW is not stupid, by any means, so we really should expect greatness from this piece....

I know his arms split into four for lightsaber combat..Man thats just nasty cool, can't wait to see if it does that:google

Awww man!!! I'm about to move into a new house. I cant afford so many new fantastic pieces!!! I've got Darth coming so I'll be needing that Obi Wan aswell. Now Grievous....

Btw is that the actual piece in the picture? Because he has no cape and grievous sure as hell needs that cool cape of his!

Re: re

WOW that is cool!! I cant wait to see the High res pics!
It is as good as ordered!

Re: re

I wonder if you guys will be saying that if this piece indeed has the same pricetag as the endoskeleton.... I wont be buying it if it'll be that expensive.

Well there you go then. Good news for the huge throng of Grievous fans I guess. I imagine most will likely be very happy with this news.

You know, I find it interesting to see just how hugely popular Grievous has become far in advance to people even seeing the character in action in the film proper, seems his popularity is largely based on the idea of the character more than anything else at this point. Me, I'm still waiting to see how well, or not, the actual character works in the context of the film, but for whatever reason I've just never fallen for the Grievous hype thus far.

I mean for me the design is fine, but it doesn't blow me away or anything, the idea of the character is fine, but again it doesn't strike me special or overly excite me particularly, so ultimately whether or not I really get into this particular character will come down solely based upon the characterization and how the character works in the final context of the film itself, and nothing else. Wonder if I'll end up being converted in a little under a month...hmm, should be fun finding out anyways.

In the meantime, this is cool news for the fans, and I'm sure will prove a very popular piece for all those fans who seem to know more than I do when it comes to this character, but right now not too interested in this one (as far as buying it goes anyway) myself. Then again because of my limited budget I'm going to be very, very picky about which Sideshow pieces I get anyway, limiting myself only to my most favourite characters from the saga. Anyways I'm rambling so I'll shut up now... :lol

Sev.

he looks very tall, must be something like 20 inches!!

I reckon there will be an SS exclusive version with interchangable arms with his blaster &/or his cape.

Severen, I don't need just the idea of him to be cool. If you have seen clone wars from the cartoon network, you have seen him in action plenty of times, that is enough for me to be excited over this piece.
If it is in the same price range as Vader I will definately order it.

Back