Its a addictive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffy-collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I said I was not collecting any Pf,but I got Leia for xmas.
Wellafter getting a pek at her I want more.....
I really want the Luke/Yoda one.

It is very addictive:D
does any one else find it hard to not get them?

buffy-collector said:
Well I said I was not collecting any Pf,but I got Leia for xmas.
Wellafter getting a pek at her I want more.....
I really want the Luke/Yoda one.

It is very addictive:D
does any one else find it hard to not get them?

UMMMM...... YEAH! If I had known how addicting it was going to be I may have stayed the hell away. It really messes up your priorities.

Oh yeah they're addictive. I had the SSE of Drac and Frank and really liked them so I wanted to get a few star wars ones too. I was only going to get the ANH Luke and a few select others that I really liked. Then I decided Han and Leia were a must. And then Obi-Wan had an awesome likeness and I needed him, which led to Vader and by that point I had them all but Grievous and enough graduation money to get him so why not. That led to the Spider-Man who led to Ironman, who led to the Logan I just ordered. I dread the next announcement, I just hope its one I can resist. But there haven't been too many of those so far! :lol

YES! I have recently just discovered the addiction!:chew . PF's are pretty much all that I am going to be getting from now on. I'm gonna sell off my whole GG busts collection,dewback statue, international maul statue, luke taun taun statue, code 3 sculpted posters, SS 12" exclusive vader, and hasblow figs so I can afford and focus on the PF star wars statues. PM me if anyone is interested in anything. These PF's are huuuuge.

I said I wasnt going to buy any of the premium formats and I stuck too it for all of a year, but in the last month Ive bought 5 and Im looking at 4 of them right now and I cant help but get more now. It started with Leia which led to Luke and Han and then Vader and Obi-Wan. I also got an exclusive Luke & Yoda off the wait list and Im on the wait list for Boba Fett. I have said to my self only OT but I dont know how long that will last.

jason2885 said:
I said I wasnt going to buy any of the premium formats and I stuck too it for all of a year, but in the last month Ive bought 5 and Im looking at 4 of them right now and I cant help but get more now. It started with Leia which led to Luke and Han and then Vader and Obi-Wan. I also got an exclusive Luke & Yoda off the wait list and Im on the wait list for Boba Fett. I have said to my self only OT but I dont know how long that will last.
You know you want Grievous.:lol Greivous was my undoing. When I saw it at Comic Con I said I want that, then I saw the price and was like I don't know. Then the annoucment that they had about 20 for sale and a day of mulling it over I have all of them at the house or on order.

Sigh.....in the space of three months, my waitlists for exclusive Vader, Obi, Leia and GG were all converted into orders and then, I ended up buying SDCC Luke from a fellow freak and then, I got scammed by that MP and then, I got lucky and bought RH Han from a genuine seller from this board and then, now I have Luke and Yoda and Fett on pre-orders and then, I got greedy and pre-ordered the PF Frodo too......and then.....now I am thinking of going on the waitlist for PF Spiderman......

Everyone lived happily ever after except for me who is super broke. Yet I am strangely at peace......for now.

To be continued....... :D

mfoga said:
You know you want Grievous.:lol Greivous was my undoing. When I saw it at Comic Con I said I want that, then I saw the price and was like I don't know. Then the annoucment that they had about 20 for sale and a day of mulling it over I have all of them at the house or on order.
Do you think they still have any of those. I would get an exclusive a lot quicker than I would the regular, but I must resist. Only OT.

I want a RH Han but I just cant afford him right now so regular version it is. My Luke I won on ebay should be here any day but Im starting to get worried. How long after an auction should I wait if the item hasnt been recieved. I won it on the 20th of last month. So its been about 12 - 13 days but the guy says he has shipped it and he has a 100% rating. He said he was just having shipping problems with them. Another guy bought a PF Jason from the same seller and said there was a delay in shipping but the seller worked it out. I just hope he comes Tuesday.

jason2885 said:
Do you think they still have any of those. I would get an exclusive a lot quicker than I would the regular, but I must resist. Only OT.

I want a RH Han but I just cant afford him right now so regular version it is. My Luke I won on ebay should be here any day but Im starting to get worried. How long after an auction should I wait if the item hasnt been recieved. I won it on the 20th of last month. So its been about 12 - 13 days but the guy says he has shipped it and he has a 100% rating. He said he was just having shipping problems with them. Another guy bought a PF Jason from the same seller and said there was a delay in shipping but the seller worked it out. I just hope he comes Tuesday.
I would get on the wait list I have a feeling you have a good shot. I think a couple of newsletters ago they were contacting the Grievous Ex. waitlist.

As far as Luke tell him to give you the tracking #. If it has really shipped he can give you that and you will see whats going on and where it is. I always ask for the tracking #. I can never understand how hard it is as a seller to send a quick email when it ships with the tracking #. If he cant give you a tracking number I would start the process to get your money back.

The PF are awesome really awesome infact. However, I am going to be selective on the ones I get. Just not enough money to go around.

Ok I have sent him an email and I hope he will respond soon. He usually does within a day of sending one to him. He said he had been having trouble organizing his shipping, but he said it has been shipped as of the 31st and that it should be here any day. From the looks of it he normally sells Sideshow stuff and Magic cards. With the mail not running Monday the earliest it could get here is Tuesday.

Last edited:
it is very addictive, I have 3 regular and exclusive luke, 2 RH han, 1 regular and 1 exclusive vader, 1 exclusive obi-wen, 1 exclusive leia, and 1 exclusive general grievous for star wars, plus all exclusive 12 in star wars.:chew

I also have 1 PF logan, 1 PF hellboy, 1 PF van hellsing, 1 exclusive dr doom,:chew I just canceled exclusive iron man and exclusive spiderman last week.:monkey2

I think 1/6 are bad enough. A bug gets in yer brain that makes you need to show up for the PPO and snag that figure. But at least that is a bit more managable if you are creative (space-wise and pocket-wise).

PF is something I would REALLY like to get into but I know that it would be one needle in my arm that I would never get out until it had laid ruin to everything around me.. :horror :blissy :horror

Oh, I have this monkey on my back! I have the first six PFs, I have Luke/Yoda and Fett on order and I'm jonesing for a new announcement. C'mon Sideshow! Hook me up!

spider1135 said:
it is very addictive, I have 3 regular and exclusive luke, 2 RH han, 1 regular and 1 exclusive vader, 1 exclusive obi-wen, 1 exclusive leia, and 1 exclusive general grievous for star wars, plus all exclusive 12 in star wars.:chew

I also have 1 PF logan, 1 PF hellboy, 1 PF van hellsing, 1 exclusive dr doom,:chew I just canceled exclusive iron man and exclusive spiderman last week.:monkey2
Am I reading this right? 3 Lukes, 2 Hans, 2 Vaders? wow thats a lot of money

mfoga said:
Am I reading this right? 3 Lukes, 2 Hans, 2 Vaders? wow thats a lot of money
no kidding, 4 luke, 1 reguler and 1 exclusive from sideshow, 2 regular from ebay. I got 1 luke for $135 and 1 luke for $178 from ebay, and paid reguler price for sideshow, over $900 just for PF lukes.:eek:
I will selling 2 back to ebay later, it takes too much of room, because more order from sideshow are coming soon:cool:

As pricey as the PF's are there's a certain finality to them that will be more cost effective in the long run. After receiving my PF Leia, I know I'll probably never buy another ANH Leia again, in any format. I might not even need another Leia, PERIOD. Its just that definitive.

The 1/6 scale figures are sometimes spectacular (and I'm keeping a few like Sith Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui Gon and Maul) but they don't have that definitiveness to them. They leave the door open for a better version of the character to come along.

But the 12 inch figures are great for people who want their collections to include many secondary characters that won't be made in 1/4 scale. The problem with that is there are literally 50-100 cool looking secondary characters in the entire saga, and I don't want just a wall covered with "dolls."

I want a lighted curio with definitive museum quality pieces that give not only a near perfect representation of my favorite characters but also closure for collecting those respective characters.

I agree with you Khev. After getting my first PF's recently they really are the definitive collectible and pose for these characters. I'm selling 99% of the rest of my stuff and going with PF's only!:chew

PF's just added a whole new demention to collecting..at least for me. For years all that was out there were "toys". Then we saw a company like Attikus come along and make some decent stuff, but WAY overpriced in my opinion.

SS's PF's, IMO, are the best figures on the market for the price they are offered at. I love the mixed media approach. They have done a fantastic job on these and given un what in my opinion is a good, fair price.

When you look at an Attikus piece for $350 vs a SS PF for around $300 how can you compare? SS's piece looks better by leaps and bounds ( IMO ) and costs less.

I didn't mean to start a pissing contest between Attikus and SS, but I just love the SS PF's so much.

I'll agree there as well. I have had the attakus jawa since last christmas and thought it was amazing, which it is. However, ever since getting the luke, han, and leia PF's in the last few weeks the attakus stuff just isn't as impressive. I mean it's no comparison, especially for the price I got the han and luke PF's at. The PF's tower over the attakus pieces at a fraction of the price and are so much more 3d like.

Back