Is there really a market for resold horror toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how can you even expect to get half your money back...it's almost common sense that if you open something, it's value goes downhill. This is true for 95% OF EVERYTHING.

Actually it's not. I don't honestly think I'll resell for a long time anyways. Another 10 years from now I'm curious to see who will actually have a complete set of every figure in their collection. All my toys stay mint.

Not sure if someone has said this yet, but you pretty much killed the value by taking them out of the packaging. Thats the bottom line.

Not sure if someone has said this yet, but you pretty much killed the value by taking them out of the packaging. Thats the bottom line.

Uh actually it's not. The toys as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it. I've seen loose toys fetch a decent sum simply because it's a rare item.

Unless you've been following the conversation this isn't the stock market. Toys values and prices fluctuate all the time. The most you'll ever make off a mint Neca toy is in the $100 range boxed or loose. So if your buying toys to profiteer and get rich off it, sorry to say your in the wrong biz. I enjoy my toys.

I have a extremely rare Hot Toys Edward Scissorhands on display with the original box. All I have to do is put him back in the box and he's well worth $700.00

Uh actually it's not. The toys as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it. I've seen loose toys fetch a decent sum simply because it's a rare item.

Unless you've been following the conversation this isn't the stock market. Toys values and prices fluctuate all the time. The most you'll ever make off a mint Neca toy is in the $100 range boxed or loose. So if your buying toys to profiteer and get rich off it, sorry to say your in the wrong biz. I enjoy my toys.

I have a extremely rare Hot Toys Edward Scissorhands on display with the original box. All I have to do is put him back in the box and he's well worth $700.00

Well you asked a question and I answered it. You dont have to be an ass about it. lol
Ive been selling and buying for a long time. It doesnt take an expert to know that taking collectibles out of their packaging always effects the price. A boxed/packaged figure will always sell for a higher value than a loose one. And you cant compare Hot Toys with NECA. NECA figures are usually packed in blister packaging, which you can not reseal. So anyway...just because you decided to spend a grip of money on those figures, does not mean youre going to make that money back.

Well you asked a question and I answered it. You dont have to be an ass about it. lol
Ive been selling and buying for a long time. It doesnt take an expert to know that taking collectibles out of their packaging always effects the price. A boxed/packaged figure will always sell for a higher value than a loose one. And you cant compare Hot Toys with NECA. NECA figures are usually packed in blister packaging, which you can not reseal. So anyway...just because you decided to spend a grip of money on those figures, does not mean youre going to make that money back.

The only one whose displayed such characteristics by resorting to name calling is you and as I've stated previously the price an item will sell for depends on what the buyer is willing to pay loose or unopened.

I'm also curious to see how many complete Neca Hellraiser collections will exist years from now.

Also fyi not all Neca figures come in the type of packaging you describe, some like Hellraiser exclusives do come in regular boxed packaging such as Chatterer 2 which was a mail in redeemable item and yes the packaging you describe can be resealed.

I honstly think you just skim my comments. You dont pay attention to what youre reading do you? lol
And yes, a product is "worth" what someone would pay, but if someone is charging more than what you can find it for cheaper, the cheaper one will sell. Pretty simple. Im done with this, youre giving me a headache.

I honstly think you just skim my comments. You dont pay attention to what youre reading do you? lol
And yes, a product is "worth" what someone would pay, but if someone is charging more than what you can find it for cheaper, the cheaper one will sell. Pretty simple. Im done with this, youre giving me a headache.

Then you should walk away from the conversation instead of continuing to post. Adding lol after your insulting comments doesn't conceal your insults or thier meaning. Years from now if a toy is rare enougth that its hard to come by it would fetch a ridiculously high price opened or not to the right buyer. In the mean time from what I've seen on ebay buyers aren't willing to pay asking price on sealed items, they'll watch listing waiting for the toy to be relisted with a significant drop in price. So realistically just because an unopened toy is worth something doesn't necessarily mean anyone is going to want to buy it and if buyers want it bad enough they'd sure be willing to pay top dollar if it's opened or unopened. Keeping everything in plastic for years hoping it'll be the next high end collectors item to make you rich is a tad bit extreme.

Back