Is the Sideshow Freak board getting Elitist???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree 100% with that. We are laid back here. Really if anyone gets offended its more likely because they think someone is more serious than they actually are.
Exaclty, I came in during the major thread derailing time and found a large number of people here to be complete aholes. Most all of them are cool in my book now and looking back some of the derailing was funny but I just didnt get it in the begining.

Exaclty, I came in during the major thread derailing time and found a large number of people here to be complete aholes. Most all of them are cool in my book now and looking back some of the derailing was funny but I just didnt get it in the begining.

there's a lot of love on this board...now PISS OFF!!! :lol

I think I'm an elitist because I have a real Patient Zero.
So there....nanny nanny nanny!!!
:monkey3

i think PZ is the MOST overpriced sideshow collectible. and i bet if there was a poll, the majority would think so too.

patient=zero :lol

I think its funny that some people let this board get to them that much that they feel less than because someone is bragging about getting a piece or saying that a piece edition size should not be raised.....says more about that person than this board....
:rock :rock

People come on here and say they got this item or that item,seek advice,buy/sell stuff or just start threads for a giggle.Its all good light hearted (most of the time) fun.

We all come here to talk, have fun and meet like minded individuals who enjoy the same hobby we do.If someone has a problem joining in or feels offended then thats not our fault.As people spend more time here they will get to know the others, the characters, the craziness that is the Freaks.

Thats not being Elitist, thats just us having fun, come join in why don't ya! :D
:cool:

I can afford **** and you cant! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like this board the best because it is by far the most laid back board for this hobby. it is very easy to make friends here because you arent restricted from giving your opinion and you can all just **** around and have a good time.

i like this board the best because it is by far the most laid back board for this hobby. it is very easy to make friends here because you arent restricted from giving your opinion and you can all just **** around and have a good time.

Until you get an Infraction for telling someone to study up on their grammar. :monkey4

Until you get an Infraction for telling someone to study up on their grammar. :monkey4

yeah but its worth it too make fun of buffy collector. tell me it wasnt ? you know it was. i know it was...

sideshow freaks---better than you could fathom(you worthless poor lil piece of sh&ts)

yeah but its worth it too make fun of buffy collector. tell me it wasnt ? you know it was. i know it was...

sideshow freaks---better than you could fathom(you worthless poor lil piece of sh&ts)

I'd do it again and again! :lol:lol:lol:lol

But the strange thing is, I wasnt meaning to make fun of the kid. His grammar really was horrendous....made Paris Hilton look like a genius.

I don't think people intentionally put down the newbies or anything. I think a lot of time, the issue of someone being new comes into play because many of us have come to learn one another's limits and we understand the deeper, unwritten elements in fellow freaks statements so to us, they mean something different than for a casual new person to read them and we're so used to the veterans understanding us, we get defensive when newbies take things wrongly and it can blow up into a heated battle. I also think it has to do with how some newbies present themselves. This board is very welcoming to members who make strong contributions, and that doesn't mean favorable comments, negative comments can be positive contributions, but it all revolves around presentation, if you come here like a bully walking up and stomping all over your sandcastle, you're gonna be met with a sort of "why the hell did you come here" attitude, but if you come in here and present your statements as a mature adult and don't give off a tone that suggests intent to come here and just stir **** up for kicks, you'll be welcomed here. It's all about respect from both ends, and to get you gotta give.

Ive never understood this whole thing concerning "newbies" and people with thousands of posts. Who gives a flying **** if you have 25000 posts? I find people that try to pull rank or status because of their post count to be pathetic. I dont really see any of it going on, but i have noticed new people coming in and already assuming that everyone is against them from the get go. Talk about insecure...

I am not an Elitist becuase I collect SS but I am one because I collect MR.:rotfl

SS is my favorite company, for sure.

but regarding if there is an "elitist" mindset around here, I haven't paid attention because I know you are all a bunch of nerds/dorks/dweebs because you collect toys and therefore none of you can be "elitists"

Back